Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 18-11-2023

I like the downtown Atlanta buildings! But I much prefer the midtown view (which we sometimes get in the domestic shows out of Atlanta).

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 18-11-2023

Def looks like domestic is still using CNN Center (looked that way from the first few seconds anyway).

RE: CNN - oscillon - 18-11-2023

(18-11-2023, 12:03 PM)inletwindow Wrote:  Def looks like domestic is still using CNN Center (looked that way from the first few seconds anyway).
Yep, and First of All with Victor Blackwell still comes from CNN Studio 4, so one has to question what was the purpose of CNNI anchoring team being evicted to a cupboard in Techwood given that 
a) Studio 4 is still in use for Victor Blackwell and thus not closed or dismantled 
b) their permanent home in Techwood is for some reason still not ready despite it already being nearly 10 months since Studio 7 has been closed for rehashing to make up components of the new Techwood studio.

Also, Laila Harrak again came on air from Barcelona, so one might wonder if it is a more permanent arrangement, like with Anna Coren from Hong Kong

RE: CNN - matthieu1221 - 18-11-2023

I always liked the skyline views but not the new Newsroom's look's ones which are very dark. CNN Today's skyline backdrops also looked great (especially when they started rotating the backdrops like HK and Tokyo rather than Atlanta when they moved to Studio 7).

RE: CNN - oscillon - 19-11-2023

Strangely, during today's Atlanta overnights, the voice-over along the CNNI Newsroom titles said "Live from CNN Center...", not "from Atlanta", like yesterday. Even more strangely, at least at midnignt ET Michael Holmes welcomed the viwers with the phrase "Coming to you live from CNN Center in Atlanta..."
Either a double-hiccup (loaded old voice-overs to the system and old welcoming template to Michael's autocue), or they actually returned for one night to CNN Center (though the studio looked like a cupboard, without any wide shots).

Btw, World Sport yesterday was still using CNN Center and its Studio 4.

https://i.postimg.cc/g2BHkSD1/World-Sport-10pm-UK-18-Nov.png 

RE: CNN - mouseboy33 - 19-11-2023

I think its just semantics. Likely it will just be a issue where the old voiceovers were loaded. And frankly its not a big deal. I think it maybe have ruffled feathers if they were in London and the voiceover mentioned CNN Center in Atlanta. They are transition. In my opinion, going forward Techwood will just be called CNN Atlanta. The CNN Center and CNN World Headquarters names are probably dead.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 19-11-2023

(18-11-2023, 02:07 PM)oscillon Wrote:  one has to question what was the purpose of CNNI anchoring team being evicted to a cupboard in Techwood given that 
a) Studio 4 is still in use for Victor Blackwell and thus not closed or dismantled 
b) their permanent home in Techwood is for some reason still not ready despite it already being nearly 10 months since Studio 7 has been closed for rehashing to make up components of the new Techwood studio.
CNN has spent years developing and enacting the move to Techwood and months bringing various teams over to the new campus. It should come as no surprise the the CNNi, CNN US, CNN Sport, and CNN Weather on-air teams would have staggered moves (Hudson Yards and the London ran the same way).

It does feel like CNN closed Studio 7 early. Either the construction of the new studio space fell behind, they ran into issues with relocating the set and needed more time or parts, or they scrapped the idea to plop Studio 7 in Techwood and are building a different set instead.

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 19-11-2023

(19-11-2023, 03:46 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  I think it’s just semantics. Likely it will just be an issue where the old voiceovers were loaded. And frankly it’s not a big deal. I think it maybe have ruffled feathers if they were in London and the voiceover mentioned CNN Center in Atlanta.  They are transition. In my opinion, going forward Techwood will just be called CNN Atlanta. The CNN Center and CNN World Headquarters names are probably dead.

Nah.  If they said CNN Center it was CNN Center.  CNN Center has flash studios, of course.  It takes a bit of extra staffing to run Studio 4 though.

Must have had tech issues at Techwood.  They have until the end of December to work it all out… perhaps a little longer if things got extended.

Yeah, Techwood is not going to be called CNN Center.  And it’s almost definitely also not going to be called CNN World HQ.

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 19-11-2023

A bit of a change to the CNN Heroes this year. Anderson Cooper is still presenting it as usual but for the first time since, I think 2016, Kelly Ripa is not the co-host. Instead, it's Laura Coates that will be joining Anderson as presenter this year.

https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2023/11/16/anderson-cooper-to-host-17th-annual-cnn-heroes-an-all-star-tribute-joined-by-laura-coates-as-co-host/ 

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 19-11-2023

(18-11-2023, 11:00 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  I always liked the skyline views but not the new Newsroom's look's ones which are very dark. CNN Today's skyline backdrops also looked great (especially when they started rotating the backdrops like HK and Tokyo rather than Atlanta when they moved to Studio 7).

The CNNI backdrop could definitely use a revamp.  Hopefully we’ll see one when the new studio opens!  

I don’t think it’s a true skyline btw… those are all downtown Atlanta buildings near CNN Center, but I think they’re kind of mashed up close together for the backdrop and don’t appear exactly like that in reality. 

The Atlanta view you sometimes get behind anchors in Studio 3 is the view as it actually appears of midtown… specifically from Piedmont Park.  If you google Atlanta skyline Piedmont park, you’ll see what I mean.  

The skyline view from Techwood is also unique… maybe they should start using that instead!  It’s a nice mix of BOTH downtown and midtown buildings… and from different angles.