Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - excel99 - 23-12-2023

(23-12-2023, 01:04 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  Indeed, hopefully he will be back on the big day itself for some Quest Christmas Crackers!
9am and 1pmUK Christmas Day as per https://edition.cnn.com/tv/schedule/cnn 

RE: CNN - Talkover - 23-12-2023

Every year the same on Christmas: a news channel that broadcasts almost no news.…
CNN Heroes, Inside Africa, African Voices, Living Golf and (this year) old Episodes of The Whole Story. I don‘t understand this policy.

RE: CNN - bilky asko - 23-12-2023

(23-12-2023, 09:37 PM)Talkover Wrote:  Every year the same on Christmas: a news channel that broadcasts almost no news.…
CNN Heroes, Inside Africa, African Voices, Living Golf and (this year) old Episodes of The Whole Story. I don‘t understand this policy.

A combination of CNN staff largely being people who observe the holiday, and the drop in news on Christmas Day is probably a good guess. And I can't imagine viewership is at its highest on Christmas Day.

RE: CNN - interestednovice - 23-12-2023

Viewership is low and, if they are not broadcasting much news programming, they don’t have to have loads of staff in the newsroom preparing stories, etc.

So by putting on recorded programming you can run a skeleton staff and allow most people to have the day off.

It doesn’t cost you much in advertising as you aren’t going to lose many viewers when you were always going to have low viewership on that day anyway!

RE: CNN - oscillon - 23-12-2023

(23-12-2023, 09:37 PM)Talkover Wrote:  Every year the same on Christmas: a news channel that broadcasts almost no news.…
If you're talking specifically about today, then it's quite weird indeed with regards to CNNI. Thing is, Domestic is running normally or very close to it, it's just International that decided to air CNN Heroes two times a day (that it didn't show when it was originally broadcast on Domestic) instead of simulcasting Domestic on the same levels as it usually does on Saturdays.

The result - well, only ONE hour of live news (right now, 4p ET) in a whole 15-hour-long time span from 9am till midnight (Amanpour Hour is recorded).

But generally, yes, CNN/US does not air news on holiday evenings unless there is some breaking stuff, and as CNNI falls back to Domestic at that time of day, neither does it.

RE: CNN - matthieu1221 - 24-12-2023

Quest seems to be covering Max's slots. Bianna Golodryga running a skeleton CNN Newsroom (not marked as US so I assume intl) tomorrow on Christmas day at 4pm, 5pm and 8pm GMT.

Eleni Giokos is covering for part of the US overnight later this week. Wonder where she'll be hosting from.

RE: CNN - interestednovice - 24-12-2023

Perhaps Dubai or Abu Dhabi?

US overnights would be daytime there, so a sensible cover really.

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 26-12-2023

Pamela Brown's new show The Bulletin isn't due to be launched until the spring now. I think it was originally meant to launch sometime later this year but the reason for the latter launch is that Pamela Brown will be going on maternity leave soon.

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 26-12-2023

Quest did his Christmas crackers thing in the broom cupboard set yesterday. Not even the Grinch of CNN can dampen his Christmas spirit.

I'd post images but for some reason I can't post Postimage links here anymore.

RE: CNN - gman - 28-12-2023

9am Newsroom with Bianca seems to be coming from a broom cupboard and the audio is awful. She's wearing a turtle neck so it could be the positioning of the microphone but it sounds as if she's in a box. Much more muffled than the other contributors.