Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - matthieu1221 - 01-01-2024

First time CNNi is covering for CNNUS using the same Domestic show branding it seems! Wonder what US viewers think of having their breakfast show covered from London (even if the rest of us are quite used to it with European mornings -- and HK mornings previously -- covered from Atlanta).

I assume someone is going to take over from Max Foster sooner rather than later. He's been on air for quite a while now! Perhaps someone Domestic-side will be rushed in to anchor?

RE: CNN - oscillon - 01-01-2024

(01-01-2024, 12:34 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  First time CNNi is covering for CNNUS using the same Domestic show branding it seems! Wonder what US viewers think of having their breakfast show covered from London (even if the rest of us are quite used to it with European mornings -- and HK mornings previously -- covered from Atlanta).

I assume someone is going to take over from Max Foster sooner rather than later. He's been on air for quite a while now! Perhaps someone Domestic-side will be rushed in to anchor?

Usually on Christmas Day and New Year, when morning shows are pre-recorded, there is somebody to pop in and give live several-minute-long news updates at the top of every hour (a week ago it was Danny Freeman). I guess that person could take over CNN This Morning for one or two hours.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 01-01-2024

(01-01-2024, 12:48 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Usually on Christmas Day and New Year, when morning shows are pre-recorded, there is somebody to pop in and give live several-minute-long news updates at the top of every hour (a week ago it was Danny Freeman). I guess that person could take over CNN This Morning for one or two hours.
UPD. Apologies for double posting, but Max Foster has finally concluded his 3.5-hour shift, and they opted not to use the supposed news recap presenter to take over This Morning. At 7.30 am ET none other than John Berman appeared on the air, an hour and a half earlier than he would have for CNN News Central.

RE: CNN - newsfan22 - 01-01-2024

And Max Foster is back on CNNi for his usual 14.00 CET NEWSROOM.

RE: CNN - excel99 - 01-01-2024

(01-01-2024, 12:34 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  First time CNNi is covering for CNNUS using the same Domestic show branding it seems!
Not sure who was producing, but Max did Early Start from London on Thanksgiving last year and the Friday after

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 01-01-2024

Did they somehow change the set up they use for News Central NY??? That background is one of the worst things I've seen on domestic, in a long time. Reminds me of fake newsroom in old BBC News Channel, Barco screens, studio.

RE: CNN - wetsom - 01-01-2024

(01-01-2024, 04:10 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Did they somehow change the set up they use for News Central NY??? That background is one of the worst things I've seen on domestic, in a long time. Reminds me of fake newsroom in old BBC News Channel, Barco screens, studio.

I think there is just no wall operator team during the holidays.

RE: CNN - interestednovice - 01-01-2024

Yes, I’m not a fan of that look at all!

Interesting that John is still presenting News Central, so despite coming on air earlier he is also doing his regular slot (as Max did).

Quite a good way of covering breaking news from CNN really, at the cost of a bit of overtime.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 02-01-2024

Final tallies for some of the marathon shifts anchored today

5.5 hours from John Berman
5 hours from Brianna Keilar
4 hours from Max Foster (only 8 hours after concluding New Years coverage!)
4 hours from Rahel Solomon

RE: CNN - Talkover - 02-01-2024

Does CNNI "The Situation Room" and Wolf Blitzer remove from the program? In the program preview, "First Move" with Julia Chatterly will be listed from next week.…