Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - xlalonce - 10-01-2024

(10-01-2024, 11:44 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  My problem with the virtual background is it was designed for all of the colorful News Central graphics that brought energy and visual interest to be overlaid. On its own it’s just dull. Seeing people sit around a table with a grey wall makes me want to change the channel.

Switching from one studio to another, Rosemary has shared a sneak peek of the new Atlanta studio.

https://twitter.com/rosemarycnn/status/1744981159455383668?s=46&t=--zrRFhy1ypP8lVfEtNHHw 

Is that the original CNN logo from the original June 1980 launch?

RE: CNN - gman - 10-01-2024

I have a sneaky feeling it's going to be tiny!

RE: CNN - mouseboy33 - 10-01-2024

I think everything at Techwood will be cut-price. They arent looking to making a massive investment in studio productions in Atlanta. Thats evidenced by the "call center" newsroom and the nuetered broadcasts across all of CNN International and the near shutdown and relocation of CNN Espanol. Im sure it will look nice but its unilkely to be expansive. Its probably going to be the size of Abu Dhabi or something.

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 11-01-2024

(10-01-2024, 11:34 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  I think everything at Techwood will be cut-price. They arent looking to making a massive investment in studio productions in Atlanta. Thats evidenced by the "call center" newsroom and the nuetered broadcasts across all of CNN International and the near shutdown and relocation of CNN Espanol. Im sure it will look nice but its unilkely to be expansive. Its probably going to be the size of Abu Dhabi or something.

Nah. It’ll be nice. And Techwood isn’t “cut-price.” Definitely different than how the interior of CNN Center looked.. but they spent a lot of money on it.

Could use more CNN flare for sure. There is some though.

So this morning the Max and Bianca hour of Newsroom was only shown on CNNI and Max. Domestic was running a debate replay instead.

No noticeable change in the content of the show. It was pretty much how it always is.

And Brooke Baldwin’s Netflix show has launched now…. If anyone still cares about her.

She was on Good Morning America to promote it:
https://x.com/gma/status/1745079005156393263?s=46&t=dFsx4ZHj0ogh0GqQ68X-UQ 

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 11-01-2024

Max and Bianca's hour is really bad, content-wise. It's totally catered to US audience, which are non-existent at 04.00 am ET/01.00 PT. It's all about the US politics and day old US news. Even the headlines are done in that silly, soundbites, way. The only part worth watching is the last 10 minutes or so, when they cover some fluff stuff and can be a bit cheeky. Even the studio background is night-time London, who cares that it's morning in Europe and afternoon in Asia.

It's such a shame since this could have been a comprehensive hour of world news, business, sport and weather updates, in the old CNNI way, instead of a tired attempt to somehow be CNN US show.

(11-01-2024, 12:30 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Max and Bianca's hour is really bad, content-wise. It's totally catered to US audience, which are non-existent at 04.00 am ET/01.00 PT. It's all about the US politics and day old US news. Even the headlines are done in that silly, soundbites, way. The only part worth watching is the last 10 minutes or so, when they cover some fluff stuff and can be a bit cheeky. Even the studio background is night-time London, who cares that it's morning in Europe and afternoon in Asia.

It's such a shame since this could have been a comprehensive hour of world news, business, sport and weather updates, in the old CNNI way, instead of a tired attempt to somehow be CNN US show.

It being simulcast on Domestic forces more U.S.-centric stories. Still a heck of a lot more intl. stories than you’ll often get on Domestic-produced shows.

Wonder what the U.S. ratings are like for that hour.

Some people are absolutely up and watching at 4am ET and 1am PT. How many exactly?? Great question.

And it’s 12am in most of Alaska and 11pm in Hawaii.

RE: CNN - mouseboy33 - 11-01-2024

(11-01-2024, 11:23 AM)inletwindow Wrote:  Nah. It’ll be nice. And Techwood isn’t “cut-price.” Definitely different than how the interior of CNN Center looked.. but they spent a lot of money on it.

Could use more CNN flare for sure. There is some though.

Yeah mate I sure it will look nice. I guess i shouldnt have said cut price. (LOL) But I think they wont spend extravagantly on Techwood sets like they do in NYC and DC. They keep changing and switching up sets like someone changes their underwear. Im sure outfitting Techwood costs a bomb with all the new control rooms and such. But having said that, wasnt there word they were going to just take down Studio 7 set and reinstall it in Techwood with some updates. And the current Atlanta set Domestic set that Fredicka uses was made up of bits and pieces from the old Headline News set. Thats kind what I meant. But Im glad we all can have a civil and fun chat over here at the CNN forum. LOL

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 11-01-2024

The pic Rosie posted looks promising. I like the stone brick wall and hope for some wood and a warmer, homely feel to it. Just like the New Day set, which I love and London set, to a certain extent.

Just don't use any of the NY & DC plastic gray messes as inspiration, please.

I don’t think anyone ever said the new studio at Techwood would be the same design as Studio 7 at CNN Center.

It will use some components/parts from Studio 7. And that just makes sense… why waste them?

It remains to be seen how much of a resemblance, if any, the Techwood studio will have to Studio 7.

And also… which version of Studio 7? I think Studio 7 went through several different “looks” over the years.

RE: CNN - mouseboy33 - 11-01-2024

Yeah Studio 7 was a pretty large set. This property only have so much space. So likely it only going to be bits and pieces that have been given an update. it will be interesting to see which bits they saved.