Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 11-01-2024

(11-01-2024, 04:24 PM)inletwindow Wrote:  I don’t think anyone ever said the new studio at Techwood would be the same design as Studio 7 at CNN Center.

I think you're right. Rosemary's post from a year ago indicated they would break down to move walls, which likely means video walls.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnvzEr7M7FM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link 

(11-01-2024, 05:17 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Yeah Studio 7 was a pretty large set. This property only have so much space. So likely it only going to be bits and pieces that have been given an update. it will be interesting to see which bits they saved.

Techwood has some pretty grand studio spaces which are used for the NBA and NHL studios. While it would be nice to see Studio 7 rebuilt, the studio wasn't really used to it's full potential, especially after Morning Express was axed. I'm just counting down the days until that awful New Day Weekend set is retired.

(11-01-2024, 02:07 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  The pic Rosie posted looks promising. I like the stone brick wall and hope for some wood and a warmer, homely feel to it.

Agreed that it looks promising and it looks like a nice set that will work for CNN Newsroom (US and Int), CNN This Morning Weekend, World Sport and lastly First of All (and if we're lucky, the weekday Atlanta hours on CNN Max). My concern with the stone is that it could have a local news feel to it, since that's a common feature is US local news sets. I also feel that many of the current graphics packages would clash with such a earthy element next to it.

(10-01-2024, 03:47 PM)xlalonce Wrote:  Is that the original CNN logo from the original June 1980 launch?

I had the same reaction!

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 11-01-2024

Shocked and saddened to learn that Felicia Taylor died a few months ago. Sad I was watching some Rod Taylor movies (her father) on TCM and Googled to see what's she been up to since leaving CNN and then I find this.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/felicia-taylor-former-cnn-cnbc-223126424.html 

She was one of my favorite CNN biz people, at a time when they had such a strong team. Felicia was always fun and informative when reporting or anchoring, a great character. RIP

RE: CNN - oscillon - 13-01-2024

CNNI unveiled a new, lighter backdrop for Atlanta Newsrooms.

Wonder if London will follow suit on Monday?

UPD. Oops, looks like they reverted it back to the darker one by the middle of the next hour...

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 13-01-2024

(13-01-2024, 11:09 AM)oscillon Wrote:  CNNI unveiled a new, lighter backdrop for Atlanta Newsrooms.

Wonder if London will follow suit on Monday?

UPD. Oops, looks like they reverted it back to the darker one by the middle of the next hour...

Hmmm. That looks like NY buildings behind him right?
Probably just a mistake then…

Paula Newton was anchoring from NY before Kim… so someone probably just forgot to change the backdrop when it came back to Atlanta.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 15-01-2024

Interesting News Central rota today. Wolf Blitzer anchoring in New York with John Berman. Sara Sidner and Kate Bolduan are in Iowa.

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 15-01-2024

(15-01-2024, 06:53 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  Interesting News Central rota today. Wolf Blitzer anchoring in New York with John Berman. Sara Sidner and Kate Bolduan are in Iowa.

They have sent a decent team to Iowa to present from a cafe in Iowa, there was no Early Start today but they did have Kasie Hunt also co-present from Iowa and they have had Dana Bash present Inside Politics from the Iowa cafe. Bit noisy at times inside but it's better than being stuck in the freezing weather.

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 15-01-2024

Weird seeing Wolf Blitzer in New York and Erin Burnett in Washington when it's normally the other way round. Wolf is presenting a town hall tomorrow night (Wednesday morning UK time) in New Hampshire so to be fair, it makes sense logistically.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 15-01-2024

I’m glad it makes sense to you because I’m baffled! Why pay travel expenses for two people to swap bureaus?

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 16-01-2024

(15-01-2024, 11:50 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  I’m glad it makes sense to you because I’m baffled! Why pay travel expenses for two people to swap bureaus?

You could say the same about all the presenters they have sent to Iowa today as well!

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 16-01-2024

CNN's coverage feels so stale. The same old bad election music and graphics, same old people sitting in same old gray, tin studios.

On the other side, both FOX News and MSNBC have put a significantly bigger effort into their visual presentation, both in terms of sets and music/graphics. I see a lot of these sweeping, drone shots of snowy Des Moines, along with nice orchestra music themes, on both channels. I also like FOX's wooden set.