Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - sky303 - 30-01-2024

Yeah, kind of shame, but kind of shows how much they care about that part of CNN. CNN International doesn't even need that many studios in NYC, they just need use of one for One World, Quest, and First move. But would rather have CNN International have shows in cramped spots than no shows at all.

(30-01-2024, 12:05 AM)sky303 Wrote:  It's not on today, guess it's been delayed. The Situation Room is on CNN I and Max.

also oops!

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 30-01-2024

I was secretly hoping they would use this as a chance to relunch all of the 3 NY shows in the New Day set which is not used after the morning show. Why is this studio wasted most of the day and why can't CNNI go back to it??? Are they so cheap they can't afford another team to operate the studio? They could use one team for he 3 CNNI shows, from noon to 7 pm ET. It's useless, I guess....

This new First Move does feel like the old Asia mornings bulletins, it has a good mix of news, business, and even a proper weather/sport update, just like in the good old days. There was even a recorded report by Kristie Lu Stout. I wonder if they will let Hong Kong fill in when Julia's off. Now that would be ironic.....

RE: CNN - alex.w - 30-01-2024

(30-01-2024, 12:52 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  I was secretly hoping they would this as a chance to relunch all of the 3 NY shows in the New Day set which is not used after the morning show. Why is this studio wasted most of the day and why can't CNNI go back to it??? Are they so cheap they can't afford another team to operate the studio? They could use one team for he 3 CNNI shows, from noon to 7 pm ET. It's useless, I guess....

This new First Move does feel like the old Asia mornings bulletins, it has a good mix of news, business, and even a proper weather/sport update, just like in the good old days. There was even a recorded report by Kristie Lu Stout. I wonder if they will let Hong Kong fill in when Julia's off. Now that would be ironic.....

The Asia-focused weather report was nice to see. I hope they continue that!
But again, it's not solely business focused, which makes me wonder why they launched this as "First Move" and not a standard news bulletin (or CNN Today). Can they just pick a lane and stick with it?

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 30-01-2024

I don't mind they kept the same name, it's Julia's signature show and I guess they want to have some continuity.

It was really lovely to have the old sport update banter with Julia and Don chatting. Felt like Anjali Rao days. Now if only they had some of the old weather folks, like Jenny or Mari, around.

All in all, this is a great MOVE, for CNNI, despite the logistical limitations.

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 30-01-2024

(30-01-2024, 12:04 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  CNNI North America is simulcasting The Situation Room, likely to be able to show on Max. I’m unable to watch First Move

Assuming you’re in the U.S., try watching CNNI on the CNN app or website. I’m not entirely sure which feed that would be, but think it might be Europe.

But yeah, the North America feed is still showing Sit Room, just like it also shows all of The Lead instead of 5:30pm ET World Sport. It’s all for Max.

CNNI N.A. is the backbone for Max, with Max seemingly having priority. If they think something will be better for Max, they’ll do it.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 30-01-2024

I’m US based, the mobile app defaulted to The Situation Room, which I assumed is the North American feed. I’ll check the website and TV to see if they’re the same. Hopefully I can find a feed that isn’t!

I was hoping for the same studio update as ginnyfan. CNN really need a proper studio for the three New York CNNI shows plus the 10am CNN Max Newsroom with Rahel. Realistically the Fareed Zakaria set would be the practical choice. I’m not as much a fan of the New Day set as ginnyfan, but can see how it would bring uniformity between New York and London. I’d like to see a newsroom set but those days are long gone.

What’s interesting is that First Move is a technically a Tuesday-Saturday show if watching from Asia. Curious if First Move will remain at 7am HKT after the time change.

As for the name First Move is fine for a breakfast bulletin, a la Early Start.

RE: CNN - matthieu1221 - 30-01-2024

(30-01-2024, 12:05 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  CNN's state of the art broom closet has been upgraded with the worst background ever. Big Grin

It's uhh, looking very artsy! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(30-01-2024, 04:23 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  I’m US based, the mobile app defaulted to The Situation Room, which I assumed is the North American feed. I’ll check the website and TV to see if they’re the same. Hopefully I can find a feed that isn’t!

I was hoping for the same studio update as ginnyfan. CNN really need a proper studio for the three New York CNNI shows plus the 10am CNN Max Newsroom with Rahel. Realistically the Fareed Zakaria set would be the practical choice. I’m not as much a fan of the New Day set as ginnyfan, but can see how it would bring uniformity between New York and London. I’d like to see a newsroom set but those days are long gone.

What’s interesting is that First Move is a technically a Tuesday-Saturday show if watching from Asia. Curious if First Move will remain at 7am HKT after the time change.

As for the name First Move is fine for a breakfast bulletin, a la Early Start.

YWT used to also be Tuesday-Friday for Asia with Mondays being covered by Newsroom with Robyn Curnow. I believe it will still be CNN Newsroom (US) on Mondays in the place of First Move?

Perhaps one of the nice things of the old CNN Today was that it was Mon-Fri for Asia without fail.

CNN Today/YWT never moved to stay aligned with Asian countries' lack of DST so I doubt First Move will do the same. I believe there was at least one CNNi show that did stay at the same time regardless of the time change but I can't quite remember which one it was.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 30-01-2024

(30-01-2024, 09:46 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  CNN Today/YWT never moved to stay aligned with Asian countries' lack of DST so I doubt First Move will do the same. I believe there was at least one CNNi show that did stay at the same time regardless of the time change but I can't quite remember which one it was.

CNN Newsroom live from Hong Kong used to switch to align with HKT. CNN Today also used to switch at the beginning. During the winter the first hour of CNN Today (with World Sport) would air in Asia while the EMEA feed showed a 30 minute Amanpour repeat and a 30 minute World Sport with a different anchor. At some point the first hour was branded "Early Edition" and solo-anchored.

RE: CNN - alex.w - 31-01-2024

CNNI's NA feed is again not showing First Move, in favor of The Situation Room from CNNUS. Why?

RE: CNN - oscillon - 31-01-2024

(31-01-2024, 12:26 AM)alex.w Wrote:  CNNI's NA feed is again not showing First Move, in favor of The Situation Room from CNNUS. Why?

From what it appears, First Move is specific to non-NA feeds of CNNI, just like some hours of CNN Today were exclusive to Asian feed and not shown even on EMEA.

North American feed of CNNI now does not even have its own schedule on their website, "North America" option in the new version of the schedule means "CNN Domestic".

On a separate note, QMB celebrated 15 years on-air today - using the big London studio and, for once, using the old blue background instead of more generic blurry one that they now tend to use even when coming from London.

https://i.postimg.cc/X79b7vjP/CNN-Quest-300124.png 

https://i.postimg.cc/L6W1RNsD/CNN-Quest-300124-2.png 

It also featured quite a lot of congratulations, including the ones from Erin Burnett and Anderson Cooper.