Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - matthieu1221 - 21-02-2024

(21-02-2024, 03:03 PM)inletwindow Wrote:  So. The 8am ET CNN Newsroom with Amara is clearly CNNI produced. And at 9a ET, CTW is on Max — that show previously was never simulcast on Max.

Maybe they figured out having 3 separate networks competing for resources wasn’t such a good idea :p

CNN Max used to have at least 4 hours of unique programming a day. (8a-11a and 2p-3p ET). Will there be ANY unique Max newscasts under this new schedule??

Oh this is the new schedule? Bit of surprise when Amara showed up, even more so when the title card had her name in it!

I'm no longer based in Asia but it's nice to see that the region gets an intl bulletin back at that hour.

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 21-02-2024

Rahel started her hour by saying something like ''we're trying something new here, this is CNN Newsroom but you'll get state of the race as well....''

RE: CNN - oscillon - 21-02-2024

(21-02-2024, 04:48 PM)inletwindow Wrote:  Sure there’s another option. CNNI could continue to produce the rest of the hour just for the benefit of Max. I’m glad they’re NOT doing that!

CNNI does this for CNN U.S. all the time, where they’ll fill out an hour (usually 15-30 min) just to be shown on domestic.

At 7:30 ET there was nothing to "continue to produce" - first half of the hour was CNN/US simulcast.

Rahel Solomon announced at the top of the show that "they'll try something new this hour" and "bring you State of the Race... and much more". Top story is Ukraine. Studio is a NY cupboard, with the usual CNNI New York lighter background.

https://i.postimg.cc/k4vg2t1N/CNNI-Rahel-Solomon-2102.png 

Also, the name bug says "CNN Newsroom" on 11am ET show, just like in the overnight hours, but still says just "Newsroom" in the 8am ET hour (though this was the case recently with Max Foster's 8am show as well).

(21-02-2024, 04:11 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Well this is the best possible outcome. CNNI gets more hours while US audiences get CNNI via Max.
I'm not sure how this setting will work if there happens a big U.S. political story - whether CNNI will still retain its international focus (assuming those wanting rolling coverage will have it on Domestic), or will it cater U.S. audience and go with the separate rolling coverage?

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 21-02-2024

It's hard to believe CNNI/Max now has 4 hours of programming coming out of NY and it's still all done from that broom cupboard. All of these people cramped into that small space, especially poor Zain and Bianna. They even do some wide shots with 2 of them behind that ironing board desk in the promo and ''up next'' ident. At the same time, they have 3, or giant studios empty, gathering dust.....

RE: CNN - bakamann - 21-02-2024

Looks like "State of the Race" is just a segment on CNN Newsroom with Rahel Solomon right now.

I wonder if this is going to be a temporary thing, since they are now juggling some new scheduling, as well as the upcoming axing of CNN This Morning that will be taken over by Kasie Hunt?

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 21-02-2024

(21-02-2024, 05:07 PM)oscillon Wrote:  At 7:30 ET there was nothing to "continue to produce" - first half of the hour was CNN/US simulcast.

I was responding to the comment saying they had no choice but to show the 9:45am ET World Sport.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 21-02-2024

(21-02-2024, 05:20 PM)inletwindow Wrote:  I was responding to the comment saying they had no choice but to show the 9:45am ET World Sport.
Ah, apologies. Well, CTW usually runs a special segment at the end of its first 45 minutes, teasing World Sport that's "Coming next" and featuring a lively back-and-forth between Becky and Amanda... So it would be strange (but not unusual) to have that on Max as part of CTW and then not to show World Sport itself...

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 21-02-2024

(21-02-2024, 05:12 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  It's hard to believe CNNI/Max now has 4 hours of programming coming out of NY and it's still all done from that broom cupboard. All of these people cramped into that small space, especially poor Zain and Bianna. They even do some wide shots with 2 of them behind that ironing board desk in the promo and ''up next'' ident. At the same time, they have 3, or giant studios empty, gathering dust.....

I'm holding out hope that Rahel, Zain and Bianna are moved to a studio on Monday since New York will only be on air until 10am on Domestic and the crew that was working 6-12 can now work 7-1 covering CNN News Central, CNN Newsroom, and One World. This is likely why State of the Race was cancelled, so that The Bulletin and State of the Race aren't competing for resources.

If not, CNN New York will have two mothballed studios, one decommissioned studio, one that is used 5 hours a day, one that is used 2 hours a day, and one that is used 1 hour a week!

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 21-02-2024

So 2pm ET is still Jim Sciutto on Max only — at least as of today. That might remain as the only Max exclusive newscast, for now. Who knows if those changes are temporary or what.

On domestic, it was CNN News Central as usual at 2pm ET…. And Isa Soares Tonight on CNNI.

RE: CNN - Deri - 22-02-2024

On the second hour of Connect the World on Wednesday Becky went to Melissa Bell in Paris for an update on the Assange hearing in London. Any idea why there was no one available in London? Seems strange.

(I didn't see the first hour so not sure if there was any other coverage there.)