Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - Global TV - 06-03-2024

Bianca Nobilo is leaving CNN to join the executive board of a tech company.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 06-03-2024

(06-03-2024, 11:26 AM)Global TV Wrote:  Bianca Nobilo is leaving CNN to join the executive board of a tech company.
I'm not sure if she mentioned it on air, but she posted it on Instagram, saying that this is her last month at CNN:

https://www.instagram.com/biancanobilo/p/C4KzRsetnUR/ 

Sad to see another superb anchor leaving CNN International...

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 06-03-2024

Surprised and sad to hear this. Bianca was one of those I considered to be the future of CNNI but clearly staying longer at the channel, for younger people, is not really that attractive anymore. Good luck to her, that's an interesting career switch.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 06-03-2024

(21-02-2024, 05:07 PM)oscillon Wrote:  I'm not sure how this setting will work if there happens a big U.S. political story - whether CNNI will still retain its international focus (assuming those wanting rolling coverage will have it on Domestic), or will it cater U.S. audience and go with the separate rolling coverage?
So, the day after Super Tuesday we have Becky's CTW primarily devoted to Nikki Haley dropping out of the race, with Erica Hill from NY as the additional second anchor (she also did 8am ET hour) and even having some pundits interviewed DTL.

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 07-03-2024

Since CTW is now streamed on Max, it has to have more U.S. stories. But Trump’s last Republican rival dropping out is pretty big news and of interest around the world.

I wonder how many are watching CTW on Max. That’s what, 9am and 10am ET?

Honestly, plenty of people probably tuned into CNN Max just to see the Haley stuff and may have no idea what CTW even is.

RE: CNN - kookaburra - 07-03-2024

(07-03-2024, 12:00 AM)inletwindow Wrote:  But Trump’s last Republican rival dropping out is pretty big news and of interest around the world.

It’s pretty close to an “and also today” story for the rest of the world.

RE: CNN - inletwindow - 07-03-2024

(07-03-2024, 01:54 AM)kookaburra Wrote:  It’s pretty close to an “and also today” story for the rest of the world.

Sure, maybe later in the day. 10am ET was when she was actually making the announcement.

Obviously CNNI had to cover this live and then discuss it after, especially because it’s being streamed on Max.

I wasn’t watching then…. But others have said they stayed with only that story for the whole hour. Perhaps that’s overkill. They could probably have sprinkled some other news in there if they didn’t.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 07-03-2024

(07-03-2024, 11:46 AM)inletwindow Wrote:  I wasn’t watching then…. But others have said they stayed with only that story for the whole hour. Perhaps that’s overkill. They could probably have sprinkled some other news in there if they didn’t.
Well, to be fair, they did sprinkle one other story that was also breaking that hour - rocket attack in Ukraine hitting close to Ukranian President and Greek PM - but no more than that.

RE: CNN - gman - 08-03-2024

(06-03-2024, 01:22 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Surprised and sad to hear this. Bianca was one of those I considered to be the future of CNNI but clearly staying longer at the channel, for younger people, is not really that attractive anymore. Good luck to her, that's an interesting career switch.

Am not really surprised though. I've been waiting for an announcement like this for a while. She's young, ambitious, talented and very eloquent and intelligent.
The next year at CNNI will more than likely only have reporting on something that comes out of a US politician's mouth. Might as well get out now! She can probably go anywhere she likes.

CNN has become a stepping stone for new talent rather than a destination. The amount of good people that have left over the last few years is proof of that! The day Hala left confirmed it for me!

RE: CNN - alex.w - 08-03-2024

(05-03-2024, 07:03 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  With the clocks changing in America next week, the International schedules in the UK is slightly different. Most shows move an hour forward except for Quest Means Business and as a result, the CNN Max Newsroom show with Jim Sciutto will be shown at 7pm UK time next week.

Michael Holmes just announced on CNN Newsroom that starting next week, CNN Newsroom with Jim Sciutto will air at 3pm ET on CNN International, and Quest Means Business will be bumped back to 4pm ET. Didn't sound like a temporary change.