Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 08-04-2023

Fredricka Whitfield Is anchoring Newsroom from a flash studio in New York today.

Did anyone catch CNN This Morning earlier? Curious to know if it too originated from flash studios?

RE: CNN - oscillon - 08-04-2023

(08-04-2023, 04:35 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Fredricka Whitfield Is anchoring Newsroom from a flash studio in New York today.

Did anyone catch CNN This Morning earlier? Curious to know if it too originated from flash studios?

At 7am ET both Victor and Amara were together in the old bricked Studio 3 with a CNN This Morning backdrop.

UPD. Just checked and also found that for the 10am ET Newsroom they have updated the backdrop on the videowall as well but kept it Atlanta-specific
[Image: image.png]

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 08-04-2023

Fred covered the 2-4pm Newsroom Thursday and Friday solo from the 21L set. Didn’t get a chance to get a screen cap.

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 08-04-2023

(08-04-2023, 08:16 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  Fred covered the 2-4pm Newsroom Thursday and Friday solo from the 21L set. Didn’t get a chance to get a screen cap.

Ahhhhh that explains her being in NYC. I'd imagine she'll be covering that spot next week also. 

Just found the located the clips over on archive.org

RE: CNN - oscillon - 08-04-2023

(08-04-2023, 08:16 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  Fred covered the 2-4pm Newsroom Thursday and Friday solo from the 21L set. Didn’t get a chance to get a screen cap.

Well, there was not much seen studio-wise. Almost all of the time it was an even tighter shot then usual given that she was solo presenter.

On Friday there were some correspondents in the studio, in this case the view was as if it was a usual double-headed presentation.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 09-04-2023

The end of Friday’s CNN News Central gave us this gem of a clip:

https://twitter.com/mediaite/status/1644796244999454726?s=46&t=--zrRFhy1ypP8lVfEtNHHw 

John, Kate, and Sara have great chemistry. It’s great to see it on air.

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 10-04-2023

I'm really enjoying CNN News Central. The chemistry noted previously has really kicked in this week!

John Berman has always had the ability to be able to throw some comedy, playfulness into his presenting and it's a treat this new format has afforded them to take part.

Kate Bolduan just fluffed her lines while throwing to a break so Berman corrected her while they moved around set. Bolduan's face was a picture! (I think she was probably thinking 'F you Berman'. Really great viewing.

Back from the break and Sara Sidner has commenced with Breaking News of an active shooter in Louisville. It shows it can quickly adapt from light hearted banter between anchors to very serious news without it feeling weird and awkward.

And here's a first look at News Central in Breaking News mode. 

[Image: IMG-3598.jpg]

RE: CNN - Kojak - 10-04-2023

(10-04-2023, 03:04 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I'm really enjoying CNN News Central. The chemistry noted previously has really kicked in this week!

John Berman has always had the ability to be able to throw some comedy, playfulness into his presenting and it's a treat this new format has afforded them to take part.

Kate Bolduan just fluffed her lines while throwing to a break so Berman corrected her while they moved around set. Bolduan's face was a picture! (I think she was probably thinking 'F you Berman'. Really great viewing.

Back from the break and Sara Sidner has commenced with Breaking News of an active shooter in Louisville. It shows it can quickly adapt from light hearted banter between anchors to very serious news without it feeling weird and awkward.
This is what Sky News should be like during the day. Flexible, friendly and dynamic - but still serious. They went too far in one direction (too much icing, not enough cake), and now they've gone too far in the other (staid and dull). CNN have, for once, got it right.

RE: CNN - mouseboy33 - 10-04-2023

I have to agree. They hit on a great format. Its light, pacey and friendly but authoritative and its feels "Big". Not a presenter stuck in front of a screen and a skyline background using a locked down camera. I for one would LOVE much more international news. But the format just feels right for today. No its certainly not perfect, but they did a great job putting this together. It doesnt feel to over produced. Some new shows have too many cutesy titled segments, instead of just presenting the news. They have a few, but its not a boat-load of overly produced packaged and title segments.

Instead of a boring, anchor strapped behind a desk or awkwardly standing on a catwalk, then conducting one boring talking head discussion after another or just sitting there reading one headline after another in a bored monotone voice, introducing every single report with the phrase....."Joe Bloggs reports". Not sure why presenters on other channels dont seem, to me, to have a tv personality, like they are enjoying their job. Its a fine line. The 3 News Central presenters seem to like each other. And yeah a flubbed line isnt the end of the world and its not like they will be executed following the broadcast. And I know some expressed concerned 3 presenters is too many. These 3 work well together and the 3 presenters work if its dones correctly and its not too jarring to the viewer either.

I know Im going to get flamed for saying this, but CNN presenters seem to handle breaking news VERY well. You rarely, if ever get the deer in headlights look or the constant staring at the desktop screen and the AWFUL. HALTING. SPEECH. THAT. COMES. WITH. BREAKING.NEWS. on some channels. And the ubiquitous THANK. YOU. VERY. MUCH. INDEED. after seemingly every interview.

It seems that they have a plan when breaking news occurs, where each presenter is going to go in the studio and who is going to do what. And they have the desk on the left side of set to use if coverage lasts for a extended period of time.

Having said that it feels weird when NewsCentral is over and CNN returns to its previous formats. You see how badly they are done. So far, in general I like it and lives up to the hype for the most part. Cant wait for other parts to debut. Hopefully this format could be extended to CNNi......one could wish. Not likely though.

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 10-04-2023

(10-04-2023, 06:32 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  I have to agree. They hit on a great format. Its light, pacey and friendly but authoritative and its feels "Big".  Not a presenter stuck in front of a screen and a skyline background using a locked down camera. I for one would LOVE much more international news. But the format just feels right for today. No its certainly not perfect, but they did a great job putting this together.  It doesnt feel to over produced. Some new shows have too many cutesy titled segments, instead of just presenting the news.  They have a few, but its not a boat-load of overly produced packaged and title segments. 

Instead of a boring, anchor strapped behind a desk or awkwardly standing on a catwalk, then conducting one boring talking head discussion after another or just sitting there reading one headline after another in a bored monotone voice, introducing every single report with the phrase....."Joe Bloggs reports".  Not sure why presenters on other channels dont seem, to me, to have a tv personality, like they are enjoying their job. Its a fine line.  The 3 News Central presenters seem to like each other. And yeah a flubbed line isnt the end of the world and its not like they will be executed following the broadcast. And I know some expressed concerned 3 presenters is too many. These 3 work well together and the 3 presenters work if its dones correctly and its not too jarring to the viewer either.

I know Im going to get flamed for saying this, but CNN presenters seem to handle breaking news VERY well. You rarely, if ever get the deer in headlights look or the constant staring at the desktop screen and the AWFUL. HALTING. SPEECH. THAT. COMES. WITH. BREAKING.NEWS. on some channels.  And the ubiquitous THANK. YOU. VERY. MUCH. INDEED. after seemingly every interview.

It seems that they have a plan when breaking news occurs, where each presenter is going to go in the studio and who is going to do what. And they have the desk on the left side of set to use if coverage lasts for a extended period of time.

Having said that it feels weird when NewsCentral is over and CNN returns to its previous formats. You see how badly they are done. So far, in general I like it and lives up to the hype for the most part. Cant wait for other parts to debut. Hopefully this format could be extended to CNNi......one could wish. Not likely though.
What would anyone 'flame' you for that review? It's spot on perfect. 

I felt a little uncertain about using the word 'enjoying' after the breaking news happened but it worked for what was to follow. 

They really do seem to have at the very least cracked the ice. It's a fabulous segment. 

Let's hope the Washington trio strike the same chord! If they don't it'll be a very visible problem.