Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - oscillon - 17-04-2023

(17-04-2023, 09:09 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Isn't that the SOTU desk they're using?

Most likely so, especially given the fact that half the time SOTU originates from that very same Studio B.

RE: CNN - matthieu1221 - 17-04-2023

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/cnn-central-tv-anchors-new-daytime-1235585198/ 

Meanwhile, CNNI today ditched the Lead and its own World Sport, replacing the first hour with the rebroadcast of yesterday's The Whole Story and repeating today's Amanpour (dedicated to the 25th anniversary of the Good Friday agreement and thus anchored from Belfast) in the second hour .

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 17-04-2023

(17-04-2023, 09:06 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Hopefully we now see The Situation Room return to Studio A now they are using it again for News Central. Wasn't quite a fan of them using a flash studio only then to go back to Studio D whilst they sort the cameras out after The Lead.

Nope still in that flash studio.

(17-04-2023, 11:01 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Nope still in that flash studio.
I wonder if bringing out the desk back in front of the curved screen during the two hours of the Lead proved to be too much...

In this case, what are the long-term plans for The Situation Room? What studio is it going to settle in if any? For now it has a weird combo of flash studio in the beginning + Studio D towards the end, but surely this can't be long term solution...

BTW, Alex Marquardt is again substituting for Wolf today as he is "on assignment".

Also, the habit of teasing the next show went on into the Lead, as Alex made an appearance there as well, although on a split screen.

[Image: image.png]

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 18-04-2023

(17-04-2023, 09:02 PM)oscillon Wrote:  [Image: image.png]

I really am not a fan of that desk. I find the support on the diagonal seam distracting, particularly when it's parallel to the video wall during State of the Union. I just don't see why this desk needs to be in two pieces. They got it right with the original furniture in the 2012(?) refresh. The red tables with glass tops would work well here.

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 18-04-2023

(18-04-2023, 01:44 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  
(17-04-2023, 09:02 PM)oscillon Wrote:  [Image: image.png]

I really am not a fan of that desk. I find the support on the diagonal seam distracting, particularly when it's parallel to the video wall during State of the Union. I just don't see why this desk needs to be in two pieces. They got it right with the original furniture in the 2012(?) refresh. The red tables with glass tops would work well here.

I've only just noticed the perspex top is not one piece. I can't say I've ever seen that desk in two halves. I get what you're saying when parallel to a video wall. This could be OCD? I am damn sure to notice moving forward!  Big Grin

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 18-04-2023

(18-04-2023, 02:05 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  This could be OCD? I am damn sure to notice moving forward!  Big Grin

More to do with being an engineer, although I'm sure there's some undiagnosed swirling around in there!

RE: CNN - mark - 18-04-2023

There's something a bit odd about the way the anchors hand over to each other on News Central from DC.

Just now, Boris handed over to Brianna looking directly at the camera. Brianna then appeared, standing just a few metres to the left of Boris and only just out of his shot - the portion of the video wall with her guest on was even visible behind Boris. At the end, she looked straight at the camera to hand over to Boris, just a few metres to the right of her.

They could so easily have swung the camera round for a more natural handover, but it feels like someone's decided that the anchors should only very rarely appear in the same shot.

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 18-04-2023

(18-04-2023, 06:27 PM)mark Wrote:  There's something a bit odd about the way the anchors hand over to each other on News Central from DC.

Just now, Boris handed over to Brianna looking directly at the camera. Brianna then appeared, standing just a few metres to the left of Boris and only just out of his shot - the portion of the video wall with her guest on was even visible behind Boris. At the end, she looked straight at the camera to hand over to Boris, just a few metres to the right of her.

They could so easily have swung the camera round for a more natural handover, but it feels like someone's decided that the anchors should only very rarely appear in the same shot.

Yes, it took a few days for the NY team to settle into actually being free to roam and that probably includes the camera operators. I'd imagine teh DC crew are way more restricted as to what they can do in that studio.