Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - bkman1990 - 24-04-2023

I'm honestly stunned that CNN were so quick to get him off their This Morning news team line up. I'd suspect that both the advertisers and viewers wanted to get him off the air as soon as Don got involved in those on air arguments with Kaitlan while they were presenters of This Morning.

It does make sense for me to say that they wanted to keep a cleaner image for as much as possible when dealing with disputes between all of their staff while they work for the station. It's not a good look that CNN wanted to keep damaged goods like Don Lemon on the air for that much longer.

This part of the process of firing him is the first step in how CNN is addressing these issues with dealing with his conduct. It is a good way to give him some pretty harsh words about he is going to get work for other U.S. news networks sometime in the near future.

RE: CNN - ginnyfan - 24-04-2023

Clearly this wouldn't happen if all the stuff about his past conduct wasn't released in that Variety article. Psycho texting, threats, nasty behavior of old came back to bite him.

Strangely, I did not mind him that much since he moved to mornings, from a bit I saw. He was at his worst during the Trump years of his primetime show, when he was Cuomo's buddy.

RE: CNN - sky303 - 24-04-2023

I think that report that came out earlier was part of the process to get rid of him, because someone wanted him gone and that's a way you do it. On terms of the show, I don't think they really need to replace him either I think the show can work with just two people, Robin's worked with one host and a team of regulars but still one host. Ensemble morning shows have seem to become a thing ,might be a good difference for CNN.

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 24-04-2023

(24-04-2023, 09:09 PM)sky303 Wrote:  I think that report that came out earlier was part of the process to get rid of him, because someone wanted him gone  and that's a way you do it.  On terms of the show, I don't think they really need to replace him either I think the show can work with just two people, Robin's worked with one host and a team of regulars but still one host.  Ensemble morning shows have seem to become a thing ,might be a good difference for CNN.
By all accounts there is a massive game of chess going on at CNN. 

I just can't see Kaitlin Collins remaining in the breakfast spot. Her value is way too high for that show. She's surely got to have been offered other gigs and so unless CNN step it up - she'll be gone of her own accord. 

CNN may say they are committed to that show and no doubt Licht needs it to work, but with all the drama already, how can it be fixed? It must be quite the worry. 

A trio of women might work, and that certainly hasn't been done before on CNN. Adding Audie Cornish to the line up as suggested by someone previously might be just perfect?

RE: CNN - drnilescrane - 24-04-2023

(24-04-2023, 09:24 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I just can't see Kaitlin Collins remaining in the breakfast spot. Her value is way too high for that show. She's surely got to have offered other gigs and so unless CNN step it up - she'll be gone of her own accord. 
My money is on them trying to build her up to be a successor for Wolf Blitzer. It's becoming clear that Jake either doesn't want or isn't the right fit for that job.

(24-04-2023, 09:30 PM)drnilescrane Wrote:  
(24-04-2023, 09:24 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I just can't see Kaitlin Collins remaining in the breakfast spot. Her value is way too high for that show. She's surely got to have offered other gigs and so unless CNN step it up - she'll be gone of her own accord. 
My money is on them trying to build her up to be a successor for Wolf Blitzer. It's becoming clear that Jake either doesn't want or isn't the right fit for that job.
I think she's already there. She's possibly one of CNN's biggest stars right now, alongside Phil Mattingly. Moving forward and looking towards the next election, CNN will want to solidify its core team ASAP. 

Does anyone have any stats as to how Kaitlin did in her week hosting PrimeTime?

RE: CNN - Kojak - 24-04-2023

(24-04-2023, 09:30 PM)drnilescrane Wrote:  
I get the sense that Jake Tapper is, rightly or wrongly, seen as too close to the 'old CNN' image that management seem to desperately want to shake off. I wouldn't be surprised if he is quietly eased out at the end of his current contract.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 24-04-2023

(24-04-2023, 09:42 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(24-04-2023, 09:30 PM)drnilescrane Wrote:  My money is on them trying to build her up to be a successor for Wolf Blitzer. It's becoming clear that Jake either doesn't want or isn't the right fit for that job.
I get the sense that Jake Tapper is, rightly or wrongly, seen as too close to the 'old CNN' image that management seem to desperately want to shake off. I wouldn't be surprised if he is quietly eased out at the end of his current contract.

I don't think it's management that isn't warming up to Jake, it's the viewers. His takeover of Election Night duties and his small stint at prime time didn't produce the ratings management were hoping for. When The Lead launched ten years ago Jake Tapper stood out from the pack and provided something unique. It's a shame prime time didn't work for him, that felt like the next breakout for him.

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 24-04-2023

(24-04-2023, 09:39 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(24-04-2023, 09:30 PM)drnilescrane Wrote:  My money is on them trying to build her up to be a successor for Wolf Blitzer. It's becoming clear that Jake either doesn't want or isn't the right fit for that job.
I think she's already there. She's possibly one of CNN's biggest stars right now, alongside Phil Mattingly. Moving forward and looking towards the next election, CNN will want to solidify its core team ASAP. 

I only was able to find her first night totals but she did really well in the 25-54 demo.

https://twitter.com/DylanByers/status/1645881331845562368?s=20 

(24-04-2023, 10:06 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  
(24-04-2023, 09:39 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I think she's already there. She's possibly one of CNN's biggest stars right now, alongside Phil Mattingly. Moving forward and looking towards the next election, CNN will want to solidify its core team ASAP. 

I only was able to find her first night totals but she did really well in the 25-54 demo.

https://twitter.com/DylanByers/status/1645881331845562368?s=20 
Wow and thanks!

This speaks volumes!