Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - oscillon - 24-04-2023

Speaking of Wolf who is still for some reason (no desk anymore?) forced out of studio A...

Today he was in Studio D already after the first break so it is not a problem to swap studios quickly.

[Image: image.png]
The opening, though, was still done cupboard-style... I wonder what prevented Wolf from entering the studio during the last break of the Lead and then doing a smooth handover and a proper wide shot opening? Surely the crew could have sat quiet for the final couple minutes of the Lead?

Or they don't have a spare crew in D to prep it up in the break while not bothering the Lead crew?

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 24-04-2023

Have CNN mentioned Don Lemon on air today? They've definitely covered Tucker Carlson but I've missed anything on Lemon.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 24-04-2023

(24-04-2023, 11:02 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  Have CNN mentioned Don Lemon on air today? They've definitely covered Tucker Carlson but I've missed anything on Lemon.
John King read the statement as soon as the news broke, seen in video here.

Wolf (in the 1st hour of his) also read the news right after massive Carlson reporting, but just the news, no elaboration or discussion ensued.

Ha, look who's made a return to 9pm! Haven't seen Smerconish anchoring that slot, I think, since late 2021 - early 2022, in the immediate aftermath of Cuomo firing.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 25-04-2023

CNN This Morning managed to update the titles properly

At the very start of the show Poppy and Kaitlan spoke warmly about Don and wished him good luck before going to the news itself. No "5 things" headlines were present either due to the Don farewell or due to Biden breaking news.

As a somewhat off-topic, BBC Washington team tied Don Lemon and Tucker Carlson ousting together in their overnight headlines

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 25-04-2023

(24-04-2023, 11:05 PM)oscillon Wrote:  
(24-04-2023, 11:02 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  Have CNN mentioned Don Lemon on air today? They've definitely covered Tucker Carlson but I've missed anything on Lemon.
John King read the statement as soon as the news broke, seen in video here.

Wolf (in the 1st hour of his) also read the news right after massive Carlson reporting, but just the news, no elaboration or discussion ensued.

Ha, look who's made a return to 9pm! Haven't seen Smerconish anchoring that slot, I think, since late 2021 - early 2022, in the immediate aftermath of Cuomo firing.

They had a different setup in Studio 19Y as well from the bits I saw, they were at a different part of the studio with a much smaller desk for the whole show. Was more one on one interviews for Primetime yesterday and the setup reflected that quite well. 

[Image: Screenshot-20230425-124420-Chrome.jpg]

RE: CNN - mark - 25-04-2023

(25-04-2023, 11:05 AM)oscillon Wrote:  At the very start of the show Poppy and Kaitlan spoke warmly about Don and wished him good luck before going to the news itself. No "5 things" headlines were present either due to the Don farewell or due to Biden breaking news.
Here's the video...

https://youtu.be/oxmnUykRdgE 

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 25-04-2023

(25-04-2023, 12:48 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  
(24-04-2023, 11:05 PM)oscillon Wrote:  John King read the statement as soon as the news broke, seen in video here.

They had a different setup in Studio 19Y as well from the bits I saw, they were at a different part of the studio with a much smaller desk for the whole show. Was more one on one interviews for Primetime yesterday and the setup reflected that quite well. 

Not a bad setup IMO. Wonder if it’s to make the interview intimate or if work is finally happening on a permanent CTM set. 

This would work well for QMB.

RE: CNN - oscillon - 25-04-2023

(25-04-2023, 12:48 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  They had a different setup in Studio 19Y as well from the bits I saw, they were at a different part of the studio with a much smaller desk for the whole show. Was more one on one interviews for Primetime yesterday and the setup reflected that quite well. 

To me it looks like they moved the desk to one of the corners, the left one to the Cuomo's seat from the old Newscaststudio screen.

[Image: NCS_CNN-Hudson-Yards_Studio-19Y_005.JPG]
Kaitlan, in her week, spent significant amount of time on a chair near the curved screen to the right.

Returning to Wolf, he was today in Studio D from the start as the Lead was with Bianna Golodryga from NY.

Nevertheless, the intro was still done cupboard-style.

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 26-04-2023

They’re definitely in that corner with the small form Who’s Talking desk.

Does anyone else think that Smerconish’s weekly show is better suited for a weeknight rather than 9am Saturday’s?

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 27-04-2023

Dana Bash to host Inside Politics weekdays

https://twitter.com/cnnpr/status/1651575186460749825?s=46&t=--zrRFhy1ypP8lVfEtNHHw