Pres Café
CNN - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CNN (/showthread.php?tid=58)

RE: CNN - sky303 - 02-05-2023

(02-05-2023, 10:55 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(02-05-2023, 10:01 PM)drnilescrane Wrote:  Elegant you say?

Elegant says who? And what is the context of this post? 

What am I missing?
In the article posted above that post, it says the new graphics have been described as "elegant" .

RE: CNN - drnilescrane - 02-05-2023

(02-05-2023, 10:55 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(02-05-2023, 10:01 PM)drnilescrane Wrote:  Elegant you say?

Elegant says who? And what is the context of this post? 

What am I missing?

That CNN international package from approximately 2005-ish was widely beloved on the blue site back when it premiered. Especially compared to the 2003-ish black and orange look BBC World had at the time. Eventually CNNI got aligned more closely with domestic, which is the current status quo.

I personally think it's the last time either network looked elegant.

Ak25_ - Ak25_ - 02-05-2023

These were the good old days of what good double headed presentation from HK looked like! 

RE: CNN - EastCoast - 03-05-2023

My initial reaction to the Trump Town Hall news was disappointment. After all of the CNN bashing from him and his base it just didn’t make sense. Looking at it now, this could very well be a turning point for CNN, especially for Kaitlan Collins.

CNN has just hit it’s one year mark under Chris Licht, which means for almost a year we’ve witnessed CNN’s shift back to the middle/to the right/bothsideism (depending on your perspective). Trump’s motives aside, bringing the bully into your house and giving him one of the toughest interviews you can is a great way to show what you want the new network is. If CNN get this right this could be a big boost to their credibility. If they get this wrong, they could unleash a whole new wave of CNN bashing from the left and right.

For Kaitlan Collins, an anchor who constantly grilled Trump as the then Chief White House Correspondent, this will be a career defining moment. Push back on Trump’s claims, grill him on the insurrection and his current legal woes and she’ll easily earn a primetime spot and a reputation as a fierce interviewer who means business.

Regarding the other news, happy to see that new graphics are on the way. The only thing left is the permanent CNN This Morning set!

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 03-05-2023

(03-05-2023, 01:19 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  My initial reaction to the Trump Town Hall news was disappointment. After all of the CNN bashing from him and his base it just didn’t make sense. Looking at it now, this could very well be a turning point for CNN, especially for Kaitlan Collins.

CNN has just hit it’s one year mark under Chris Licht, which means for almost a year we’ve witnessed CNN’s shift back to the middle/to the right/bothsideism (depending on your perspective). Trump’s motives aside, bringing the bully into your house and giving him one of the toughest interviews you can is a great way to show what you want the new network is. If CNN get this right this could be a big boost to their credibility. If they get this wrong, they could unleash a whole new wave of CNN bashing from the left and right.

For Kaitlan Collins, an anchor who constantly grilled Trump as the then Chief White House Correspondent, this will be a career defining moment. Push back on Trump’s claims, grill him on the insurrection and his current legal woes and she’ll easily earn a primetime spot and a reputation as a fierce interviewer who means business.

Regarding the other news, happy to see that new graphics are on the way. The only thing left is the permanent CNN This Morning set!

Yes yes to every point! It is another career defining moment and I can't wait to see her in action with #45. I refuse to write the words.. 

I'm also super happy to Kaitlin Collins. At only 31 years of age it's an incredible accomplishment and this will further cement her value! 

A great read here on Political Director David Chalian's view. 

It does load, no idea why there's a 404.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/05/trump-cnn-town-hall 

RE: CNN - sky303 - 03-05-2023

(02-05-2023, 11:00 PM)Idrnilescrane Wrote:  
(02-05-2023, 10:55 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Elegant says who? And what is the context of this post? 

What am I missing?

That CNN international package from approximately 2005-ish was widely beloved on the blue site back when it premiered. Especially compared to the 2003-ish black and orange look BBC World had at the time. Eventually CNNI got aligned more closely with domestic, which is the current status quo.

I personally think it's the last time either network looked elegant.

I loved that look, honestly, it could have still been used now. The music was really nice too... My favourite music cuts were the "Your World Today" , "CNN Today" and "Business International" cuts .

RE: CNN - Newsroom - 03-05-2023

CNN News Central from Washington in Breaking News mode was exceptional today. The handling by all three anchors was delivered superbly. All three gathered at the desk from time to time interacting with each other made it feel truly authentic. All three anchors of course have had previous experience at covering 'active shooting' coverage. It having happened in Atlanta, still CNN's base made it ultra easy for them to cover it pitch perfect.

RE: Ak25_ - matthieu1221 - 04-05-2023

(02-05-2023, 11:44 PM)Ak25_ Wrote:  These were the good old days of what good double headed presentation from HK looked like! 

Those timelapses with the CNNi tune still look absolutely gorgeous today. Hope they bring them back in some form given the nostalgia route CNN News Central has gone with.

RE: CNN - mouseboy33 - 04-05-2023

CNN News Central did a great job of handling breaking news today.  This was a new shot from the  "producers" balcony above the set. It was rarely used for OutFront and Don Lemons show. But for NewsCentral there are actual people working up there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KZpNeUuacs 
So far I have been really impressed with the News Central. Cant wait for the other editions to get launched.  There a greater variety of stories. I wish there were more global stories. But thats a fine line in American news programmes. Its just hard to do these days. Even though it was fairly common place back in the day.
If we are look strictly at presentation, its quite good and done very smoothly. Even thought its a lot of moving parts to the programme, you rarely see any glaring mistakes or errors. And the presenters cover them smoothly. Not like they are going to get executed if they make a mistake or error. (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12046803/BBC-News-presenter-Lukwesa-Burak-caught-stretching-live-air.html ).  Im sure John Berman or Kate Bouldan would have said something like... " oh you caught me having a little stretch. Our top stories at this hour.....)

RE: CNN - TMD_24 - 05-05-2023

Despite Laura Coates not getting her 11pm show as planned, CNN have returned the favour by making her their Chief Legal Analyst.

https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2023/05/05/laura-coates-promoted-cnn-chief-legal-analyst/