Pres Café
BBC One Christmas 2023 - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: BBC One Christmas 2023 (/showthread.php?tid=586)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: BBC One Christmas 2023 - all new phil - 26-11-2023

Saying this with zero knowledge whatsoever but I think people have the wrong end of the stick here.

RE: BBC One Christmas 2023 - SteveRW - 26-11-2023

(26-11-2023, 11:15 AM)all new phil Wrote:  Saying this with zero knowledge whatsoever but I think people have the wrong end of the stick here.

Could I ask why you think that?

RE: BBC One Christmas 2023 - Brekkie - 26-11-2023

(26-11-2023, 08:46 AM)Flux Wrote:  I’d have thought the opposite would be true and they would have been more noticed due to Christmas in lockdown? Without parties, socials, pubs, everyone was at home watching more linear TV.

As for this rumour, I see nothing wrong with repeating previous Christmas idents per se - but I do find it strange if they’re repeating such specific ones. Generic Christmas themed is one thing, but idents promo-ing one of that year’s big premieres feels dated.

Agree, especially as the new Julia Donaldson feature looks to be in a different style.   If it was a sequel I could understand, or just using the generic tree versions with accompanying new idents featuring the characters relevant to this year.

Still baffles me when filming three scenes for the Lens set they didn't add a fourth Christmas one.  I think then having a basic set with the possibility of adding something more programme specific each year could have worked well.

RE: BBC One Christmas 2023 - Former Member 24 - 27-11-2023

(26-11-2023, 03:47 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Agree, especially as the new Julia Donaldson feature looks to be in a different style.   If it was a sequel I could understand, or just using the generic tree versions with accompanying new idents featuring the characters relevant to this year.

Still baffles me when filming three scenes for the Lens set they didn't add a fourth Christmas one.  I think then having a basic set with the possibility of adding something more programme specific each year could have worked well.

Sigh...again, the reliance of programme-specific idents is not a good sign, with or without re-used ones. I like the Julia Donaldson/Axel Scheffler shows, but the idents, whilst perfectly well made, aren't all that to me. The Gruffalo one is a tad better simply because it's more Christmassy with the show, but the Zog one isn't really.

Why is it so hard to adapt the Lens concept for a new Christmas ident? Money isn't an excuse because it was never an excuse for the last 50 years. It's laziness.

Sorry, sorry, I know, normal rant again.

RE: BBC One Christmas 2023 - Flux - 27-11-2023

(27-11-2023, 10:30 AM)Former Member 24 Wrote:  Sigh...again, the reliance of programme-specific idents is not a good sign, with or without re-used ones. I like the Julia Donaldson/Axel Scheffler shows, but the idents, whilst perfectly well made, aren't all that to me. The Gruffalo one is a tad better simply because it's more Christmassy with the show, but the Zog one isn't really.

Why is it so hard to adapt the Lens concept for a new Christmas ident? Money isn't an excuse because it was never an excuse for the last 50 years. It's laziness.

Sorry, sorry, I know, normal rant again.

Agreed on all of this. As Brekkie mentioned, it's baffling why they wouldn't think ahead and film some Christmassy alternates for at least some of the Lens idents. If they had a Christmas set to match the current look, they could easily wheel those out every Christmas and I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid, especially if it was presented as a cost saving initiative. They could even still make one or two new programme specific idents for certain junctions or blocks if needed - like they've done with Strictly etc in the past - but having a 'core' regular Christmas set would take off pressure and costs of having to make a full set of idents every year.

RE: BBC One Christmas 2023 - Stooky Bill - 27-11-2023

The Shaun The Sheep idents were meant to be in the lens style I think, it was just that they hadn't launched them by that point so they went out as 3 different versions.

Well that's what I always assumed

RE: BBC One Christmas 2023 - Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - 27-11-2023

(27-11-2023, 11:23 AM)Flux Wrote:  If they had a Christmas set to match the current look, they could easily wheel those out every Christmas and I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid, 
Yeah, right.

RE: BBC One Christmas 2023 - Andrew Wood - 27-11-2023

A Christmas BBC Sounds promo just gone out - using the same ice and snow effect seen on the 2021 BBC Christmas pres.

RE: BBC One Christmas 2023 - Former Member 24 - 27-11-2023

(27-11-2023, 11:29 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  The Shaun The Sheep idents were meant to be in the lens style I think, it was just that they hadn't launched them by that point so they went out as 3 different versions.

Well that's what I always assumed

Yes, I'm pretty sure they were, and indeed someone did an edit of them to match the Lens style.

RE: BBC One Christmas 2023 - Flux - 27-11-2023

(27-11-2023, 12:15 PM)Kim Wexler’s Ponytail Wrote:  Yeah, right.

OK, correction: I doubt anyone OUTSIDE THESE FORUMS would bat an eyelid Big Grin