Pres Café
BBC One Christmas 2023 - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: BBC One Christmas 2023 (/showthread.php?tid=586)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: BBC One Christmas 2023 - Happy2001 - 28-11-2023

(28-11-2023, 01:20 AM)SteveRW Wrote:  Following my previous post, the BBC Christmas pack has indeed been published.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/bbc-christmas-whats-on-tv-iplayer-2023 

Focusing again on iPlayer, but it does suggest a festive ident featuring Tabby McTat.

There is for me a good amount of shows that i'll be watching especially Doctor Who on One & the Arena on Caroline Aherne on Two.

Interested in seeing the BBC One Christmas idents for this year which will probably be based on Tabby McTat if they're focusing on program specific ones.

RE: BBC One Christmas 2023 - JMT1985 - 28-11-2023

Having looked through the press pack, I thought it was quite impressive what they are giving us for Christmas - Remember this is 2023, and Christmas schedules mean nothing now, as the world of streaming has taken over.

We can put all our money on that the King's Christmas Message will be the highest viewed programme on Christmas Day - just a fact now, a once a year royal tradition which seems to be the 10 minutes of the year when most of us (myself included) care about the monarchy and then ignore them for the other 364 days a year.

Considering that ITV are pumping out their usual staid Christmas fare too and Channel 4 doing the bare bones of a festive schedule, we are in a different era - this is not Christmas of the 1970/80s - and we need to get used to it.

RE: BBC One Christmas 2023 - Former Member 24 - 28-11-2023

(28-11-2023, 10:59 AM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Having looked through the press pack, I thought it was quite impressive what they are giving us for Christmas - Remember this is 2023, and Christmas schedules mean nothing now, as the world of streaming has taken over.

We can put all our money on that the King's Christmas Message will be the highest viewed programme on Christmas Day - just a fact now, a once a year royal tradition which seems to be the 10 minutes of the year when most of us (myself included) care about the monarchy and then ignore them for the other 364 days a year.

Considering that ITV are pumping out their usual staid Christmas fare too and Channel 4 doing the bare bones of a festive schedule, we are in a different era - this is not Christmas of the 1970/80s - and we need to get used to it.

I suppose that's the problem. It's hard to get used to it after so many years of the previous era, although to be fair, ITV and Channel 4 barely bothered even in those days simply because of the advertising revenue in the days leading up to Christmas Day.

(28-11-2023, 11:03 AM)Former Member 24 Wrote:  I suppose that's the problem. It's hard to get used to it after so many years of the previous era, although to be fair, ITV and Channel 4 barely bothered even in those days simply because of the advertising revenue in the days leading up to Christmas Day.

That is right. But there were times when ITV did compete, such as 1978 when they poached Morecambe and Wise for example - ITV had always tried to be cheap and cheerful at Christmas, providing a basic festive feel without throwing too much cash to it - so basically regular shows with a bit of tinsel on it. 

Channel 4 were always one to largely ignore Christmas, as they were the alternative channel back then - now Channel 4 is more main stream than ITV 1 at times with shows like Bake Off on their schedules. Their new ident presentation looks restrictive for any festive variation, I wonder what they will do this year for Christmas presentation.

RE: BBC One Christmas 2023 - Kunst - 28-11-2023

(28-11-2023, 10:59 AM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Having looked through the press pack, I thought it was quite impressive what they are giving us for Christmas - Remember this is 2023, and Christmas schedules mean nothing now, as the world of streaming has taken over.

You're spoiled in the UK.

I come from a country where Christmas TV traditions (as TV in general to a lesser extent) never have been strong, but, in general, the bar has never been set lower.
Just some cheap movies and some odd specials.

At least BBC still cares, and a lot too, relatively speaking
I'd be careful about being so negative on your public broadcaster.

RE: BBC One Christmas 2023 - Brekkie - 28-11-2023

I would argue ITV have tried more on the day itself in the last decade than they had previously and generally offer something different each year too.

RE: BBC One Christmas 2023 - Cappuccino - 28-11-2023

A reminder that fantasy programme schedule discussion is not permitted.

(28-11-2023, 11:29 AM)Kunst Wrote:  You're spoiled in the UK.

I come from a country where Christmas TV traditions (as TV in general to a lesser extent) never have been strong, but, in general, the bar has never been set lower.
Just some cheap movies and some odd specials.

At least BBC still cares, and a lot too, relatively speaking
I'd be careful about being so negative on your public broadcaster.

Which is why I said the BBC press pack was impressive for 2023

RE: BBC One Christmas 2023 - Kunst - 28-11-2023

(28-11-2023, 01:51 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Which is why I said the BBC press pack was impressive for 2023

Indeed, sorry if I quoted you lol.

I didn't mean to

RE: BBC One Christmas 2023 - tellyblues - 28-11-2023

(28-11-2023, 09:51 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  There's seriously nothing in that lot that interests you? Wow  Rolleyes

I don't watch these shows the rest of the year so Christmas is no different.

The provisional schedules should be available next Tuesday.