Pres Café
ITV Programming - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV Programming (/showthread.php?tid=61)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - Hybrid - 13-08-2023

(13-08-2023, 01:39 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  Not due on till early 2024, I presume alongside one of the other comedies they launched in June.
I think Significant Other will go to the main network and then Count Abdulla and Ruby Speaking to ITV2. 
Do you or does anyone know when You and Me will premiere and on what channel?I feel like that’s been long overdue now.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - Brekkie - 13-08-2023

Although I'm not sure there are any specific licencing requirements for original content in primetime I wonder whether shows that aired on ITVX months earlier then get an outing on ITV1 are technically considered new programming or repeats?

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - eyeTV - 13-08-2023

They are not repeats if they've never aired on linear network before. Although with the amount of ITVX promos for these shows it probably feels like they are.

I would think that Nolly should air before Christmas.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - Score - 13-08-2023

(13-08-2023, 09:24 AM)eyeTV Wrote:  They are not repeats if they've never aired on linear network before. Although with the amount of ITVX promos for these shows it probably feels like they are.

I would think that Nolly should air before Christmas.

With Nolly being 3 episodes I’m wondering if they might strip it over the days between Christmas and New Year, either 26th to 28th or 27th to 29th. 

I know they don’t usually use those slots for original drama but there’s no Voice Kids this year and ITVX does mean they have more drama now to use in slots they wouldn’t normally (they’ve definitely shown more drama this Summer than they normally would, most of it ITVX stuff).

On the subject of promos I have noticed that some of the recent ITVX originals (the comedies, Tom Jones, Sanditon) haven’t received the same kind of on air blitz as the first tranche of ITVX originals. Towards the end of last year and in Q1 of this year you couldn’t turn ITV on without being blasted with promos for A Spy Amongst Friends, Without Sin or Litvinenko, but the recent stuff has been promoted much more modestly. There are a fair few ITVX dramas in the Autumn press pack (although some of them acquired I think?) so it’ll be interesting to see the approach taken.

As for the comedies , Changing Ends and Significant Other are both airing on ITV1 in 2024, the others I expect are for ITV2.

I suspect Harry Potter might end up back in those post-Christmas slots. I suspect though when it does air Nolly will be stripped across three nights.

ITV do seem to have settled on using Friday nights as an outlet for dramas previously on ITVX now, with the higher profile ones either stripped or weekly on other nights.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - StreamingTV - 13-08-2023

(13-08-2023, 09:09 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Although I'm not sure there are any specific licencing requirements for original content in primetime I wonder whether shows that aired on ITVX months earlier then get an outing on ITV1 are technically considered new programming or repeats?

They are good ways to fill the 22:40 slot when you think about it, While still technically having new content when we know its just a repeat from the streaming service.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - Score - 13-08-2023

(13-08-2023, 11:18 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  I suspect Harry Potter might end up back in those post-Christmas slots.  I suspect though when it does air Nolly will be stripped across three nights.

ITV do seem to have settled on using Friday nights as an outlet for dramas previously on ITVX now, with the higher profile ones either stripped or weekly on other nights.

Yes Harry Potter is another option although they seem to have afternoon edits of all 8 films now, so could play them all in afternoon slots if need be. Stripping them in primetime would mean moving the soaps, although they moved them all over the shop over Christmas last year so are perhaps still happy to do so.

Friday does seem to be the ITVX slot, but they also seem to be trying out Saturdays at 10pm for less mainstream ITVX series. They’ve just had Crime there and Polly Hill hinted that she’s considering putting The Winter King there when it airs on ITV1, as it’s so unlike the sort of thing they’d do on the main channel that it’s unlikely to go at 9pm. Presumably the second series of Crime will go there too when it airs. 

That being said they seemed to underestimate Crime slightly, which seems to have done better in the Saturday 10pm slot than either Riches or A Spy Among Friends have done at 9pm. Although without much data on how these shows did on ITVX at launch it’s hard to assess how they’ve done.

Going back 20 odd years now but Saturday 9pm-ish used to be a fairly regular slot for drama for them. Then again back then they had drama at 9pm 5-6 nights a week.

I think that's going back to the days when ITV had many 1hr returning dramas. All the budgets seem to be going to one-off dramas or very short runs of the 2 hour detective shows that don't really work on a Saturday.

That press pack seems really uninspiring. The best dramas obviously being syphoned off for X and as a result it kind of feels like it cheapens the main channel. Obviously X is the future and its an autumn going to be dominated by the Rugby World Cup but its still somewhat muted.

Entertainment clearly lacking, but I guess they will be hoping that Rugby does the business on Saturday nights where entertainment against Strictly usually fails.