Pres Café
ITV Programming - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV Programming (/showthread.php?tid=61)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - Brekkie - 16-08-2023

(16-08-2023, 10:28 AM)eyeTV Wrote:  My Mum Your Dad sounds dreadful and to strip it over 2 weeks seems a risk. It feels like flop material.

Interesting how that started out as Romance Retreat, reportedly pitched by Davina McCall, but now seems to have evolved into My Mum, Your Dad - an ITV Studios Australia format that debuted in Australia last year.  It didn't do too well but has got a second series.

Feels like something that would be better weekly.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - Score - 16-08-2023

(16-08-2023, 10:33 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Interesting how that started out as Romance Retreat, reportedly pitched by Davina McCall, but now seems to have evolved into My Mum, Your Dad - an ITV Studios Australia format that debuted in Australia last year.  It didn't do too well but has got a second series.

It was My Mum Your Dad all along. Davina pitched a similar sounding show, ITV told her they already had something like it in the works but offered her the presenting gig. The Romance Retreat was the cover name used to not give the twist away whilst filming (although how they plan on making that work if it gets a second series I don’t know).

I do agree it looks like a flop though and the trailers really aren’t selling it. There’s no drama in them at all, it really epitomises the trend of ITV massively sanitising its reality shows (for the worse).

Voiceover on the trailer describes it as a “two week event” and it’s 10 x 60 so does look like it’ll be Monday to Friday for a fortnight.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - tellyblues - 16-08-2023

A disgusting concept overall. What's next, MILF Manor UK?

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - gottago - 16-08-2023

(16-08-2023, 10:33 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Interesting how that started out as Romance Retreat, reportedly pitched by Davina McCall, but now seems to have evolved into My Mum, Your Dad - an ITV Studios Australia format that debuted in Australia last year.  It didn't do too well but has got a second series.

It was an American format on HBO Max originally. It’s sold into quite a few countries now.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - Brekkie - 16-08-2023

(16-08-2023, 12:37 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  A disgusting concept overall. What's next, MILF Manor UK?

Not sure what you find disgusting about divorcees dating and their kids wanting them to be happy.

MILF Manor on the other hand - the funniest thing about that was the UK producer trying to make out over here it meant "Mother I love Forever".

(16-08-2023, 12:43 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Not sure what you find disgusting about divorcees dating and their kids wanting them to be happy.

But that isn't the format or the kind of situations being engineered to create the format.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - gottago - 16-08-2023

(16-08-2023, 12:52 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  But that isn't the format or the kind of situations being engineered to create the format.

What? Yes it is. The kids are fully aware that their parents are going on a dating show and want them to be happy. The twist is they don’t know they’ll be having involvement in the dates, which are pretty minor decisions when you see it play out. It’s a very sweet show.

For what the format entails, no it isn't, IMO. It may well be that people are happy-clappy about dating but that isn't the format itself. The kids watching the parents is plain weird. As for them making decisions, how does that work if they supposedly don't know they're doing it? Seeing other parents and saying "he/she's nice" and the producers try to pair them up?

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - Score - 16-08-2023

(16-08-2023, 05:52 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  For what the format entails, no it isn't, IMO. It may well be that people are happy-clappy about dating but that isn't the format itself. The kids watching the parents is plain weird. As for them making decisions, how does that work if they supposedly don't know they're doing it? Seeing other parents and saying "he/she's nice" and the producers try to pair them up?
The parents know they’re on a TV show and that they’re being filmed. So I don’t see what’s weird about the kids watching them. The parents might not know they’re being watched there and then but they know they’re being filmed and the kids will inevitably see it all on the TV anyway so it’s not exactly private.

Do kids normally, in the moment, watch their parents doing on dates? Why not?