Pres Café
ITV Programming - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV Programming (/showthread.php?tid=61)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - Ash101 - 17-08-2023

According to ITV Media - it seems like Q1 into Q2 is going to be quite busy with: The Jonathan Ross Show, Limitless Win, Wheel of Fortune, Family Fortunes & Password being touted.

I am guessing that John Bishop is not returning for Q1, with Jonathan Ross taking that slot. But unsure how both Wheel of Fortune and Password fit into where Starstruck was. Family Fortunes is probably for a Sunday once again? Although doesn't fit alongside DOI unless they are bringing in a 1 hour drama to Sunday.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - Brekkie - 18-08-2023

Wasn't The 1% Club commissioned for another series to run this autumn, though with the rugby and I'm a Celeb not many weeks for it to run in.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - Score - 18-08-2023

Password is 45 minutes so I think might be in the John Bishop slot. Comments from the recordings suggest it’s being done more as a post-watershed comedy gameshow.

That presumably leaves Wheel of Fortune replacing Starstruck, with Jonathan Ross at 9.30pm from late-February (same as 2023). Family Fortunes will probably be Sundays at 7pm from mid-March once Dancing on Ice is done.

There’s been a couple of suggestions that In With a Shout is coming back so the rest of Q2 might not change much. Wonder if those extra 1% Club episodes might be for Autumn 2024 rather than this year. They don’t really fit this Autumn with The Voice and I’m a Celeb, although I expect the first Christmas special will air this year in a good slot.

TV Zone have now confirmed that Millionaire is also not back until 2024, so the 10/10.30pm Saturday slot this Autumn remains a bit of a mystery. ITVX drama maybe? A shame Millionaire won’t be marking its 25th anniversary.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - tellyblues - 18-08-2023

Wheel of Fortune doesn't feel like a Saturday night primetime show. Maybe Sunday at a push.

The extra episodes for 1% Club were commissioned as part of series 3 next year.

Re. anniversaries, it's bumf for broadcasters. For a show like WWTBAM which has been off air for a lengthy portion, they are less relevant.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - JAS84 - 18-08-2023

(17-08-2023, 08:01 PM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  The next series of The Jonathan Ross Show has been delayed from Autumn, most likely due to the Rugby World Cup.
Could also be due to the SAG/AFTRA strike - as long as it continues they can't get Hollywood actors on the show.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - JMT1985 - 18-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 10:02 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Could also be due to the SAG/AFTRA strike - as long as it continues they can't get Hollywood actors on the show.

That's no real excuse, as Graham Norton will be back next month on BBC One, and he attracts a lot more US guests than Jonathan ever does, but so far Graham's show is not postponed. 

I believe the strike action in the US doesn't affect actors appearing on a British talk show.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - Brekkie - 18-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 05:57 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  Wheel of Fortune doesn't feel like a Saturday night primetime show. Maybe Sunday at a push.

Re. anniversaries, it's bumf for broadcasters. For a show like WWTBAM which has been off air for a lengthy portion, they are less relevant.

I thought Wheel of Fortune would end up in the pre-BGT slot, but then In with a Shout being recommissioned was a surprise.   I'm guessing it'll be an hour and suffer for it as all gameshow revivals have - if anything how often those 45 minute early civilian Catchphrase episodes have been getting an airing lately to fill gaps in the schedule should encourage ITV to consider not commissioning everything at a full hour.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - Johnr - 18-08-2023

My sister was on the 'next series' of the 1% Club (already filmed several months ago) and I'm sure she mentioned something about November as a potential air date

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - DJ Dave - 18-08-2023

If they win the money, they don't get it until all episodes of that series have aired.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - Score - 19-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 05:57 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  Wheel of Fortune doesn't feel like a Saturday night primetime show. Maybe Sunday at a push.

Agree on Wheel of Fortune. I’m just guessing it’ll go there as they’ve not announced anything else that could replace Starstruck and there doesn’t seem to be any other free slots in Q1. I guess they’ve got a big name host and will have big money to justify the slot more (I imagine it’ll be like the primetime US version) but really it’s a 7pm show not a post-8pm one. Although it probably will do a bit better than the last series of Starstruck did.

Think I’ve said this before but they’d be better off with Wheel of Fortune this Autumn (Sundays 8pm in Nov/Dec once the Rugby is done) and the Mamma Mia show in Q1, to mix up the talent and gameshows a bit more. But that doesn’t seem to be on the cards.

The press release for The 1% Club didn’t specify when the episodes would air but 2024 does seem more likely than this Autumn. I can’t imagine they’ll air all 16 in one go, could maybe be 2 x blocks of 8 (Spring and Autumn)? I think about 5 episodes were filmed earlier this year, with a larger block of filming planned for Oct/Nov.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with broadcasters celebrating their shows and 25 years is a milestone, short break or otherwise. Even just a couple of specials would be good. Maybe they will at Christmas.