Pres Café
ITV Programming - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV Programming (/showthread.php?tid=61)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - Newshound47 - 19-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 10:37 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  That's no real excuse, as Graham Norton will be back next month on BBC One, and he attracts a lot more US guests than Jonathan ever does, but so far Graham's show is not postponed. 

I believe the strike action in the US doesn't affect actors appearing on a British talk show.

It does to an extent but not totally.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - Hybrid - 24-08-2023

The schedules for the ex-GMTV2 strand has been revealed.
https://www.whattowatch.com/uk-tv-guide 

It seems like it will go against the traditional 06-9:25am slot instead going for a 05-9:00am one with the last half hour or so of the breakfast block going to Totally Bonkers Guinness World Records. All CITV programming seems to have been removed from the ITV network.

One other reason ITV could still be giving linear space for CITV is that they don’t have the long term streaming rights to a majority of their imported programming which could explain why most of the block is content from Cartoon Network and Warner Bros.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - tellyblues - 24-08-2023

Highlights from the Edinburgh TV Festival;

Kevin Lygo, Director of Television, ITV

ITVX to ITV - current six month window is too long.

Results of the Philip Schofield inquiry will be released to the public by the end of next month.

New 'Audience with' show coming this Autumn.

ITV committed to two series of Big Brother. First run will be 6 weeks with 2 one hour shows per night. Live feed until the early hours.

ITV try not to book any big entertainment shows on Saturday against Strictly Come Dancing although have exciting shows coming this Autumn including the rebooted Deal or No Deal.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - Score - 24-08-2023

Interesting approach to scheduling the ITVX drama You & Me, which gets a linear airing next month.

They’re stripping it from Monday 4th to Wednesday 6th…at 9pm on ITV2, with a repeat at 10.45pm on ITV1.

I’ve not seen it but it seemed to be one of the less hyped ITVX titles. Looks fairly mainstream though and Russell T Davies is involved. Fairly young cast but probably a bit older than ITV2 would normally go.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - eyeTV - 24-08-2023

Is the ITVX premiere to ITV1 strategy working? Do these ITVX originals underperfom when they get to main ITV1? Or do they perform comparable to an ITV1 'premiere'

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - Score - 24-08-2023

(24-08-2023, 10:20 AM)eyeTV Wrote:  Is the ITVX premiere to ITV1 strategy working? Do these ITVX originals underperfom when they get to main ITV1?  Or do they perform comparable to an ITV1 'premiere'

They’ve mostly done quite badly when they get to ITV1, although arguably they’ve all been series that would not rate especially well on linear anyway.

Without Sin did OK on linear, averaging about 4 million in 7 day consolidated. That’s less than a stripped thriller premiering on ITV1 would be expected to get (Maryland the following week averaged well over 5 million, having not premiered on ITVX), although ITV said elsewhere that 2 million had already watched it on ITVX, which takes it to a pretty strong number overall.

A Spy Among Friends and Riches both bombed over the Summer, with overnights going below 1 million and 7 day consolidated below 2 million. Frannie Langton isn’t doing well at all this week either (just over 1 million overnights for the past two nights). But I guess these are shows that would not have been commissioned as ITV1 premieres in the first place. I think where they’re getting to with ITVX is commissioning shows that wouldn’t sit particularly well at 9pm on ITV1 (because they’d otherwise just put them there) and instead ordering shows that aim to appeal to lighter viewers, who don’t watch much ITV, and attracting them in to ITVX. I’d therefore expect them to be judged more on their ITVX performance than their linear performance.

In some cases they then do turn up on ITV1, although generally not in prime slots, as ITV1 premieres will still normally get those. A Spy Among Friends getting the Sunday 9pm slot felt like a bit of an exception and I do think they’d have expected a bit more from it on linear. Whereas with something like Riches, yes it did badly, but did it do worse than the repeats they’d have put on Summer Fridays otherwise? No, probably not. It’s interesting to see them putting these shows in slots they wouldn’t normally have that kind of original content in (e.g. Crime on Saturdays at 10pm, You & Me on ITV2) and that might be the way forward.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - Brekkie - 24-08-2023

Well interesting Kevin Lygo is basically saying it isn't working. Having to promote shows twice isn't great too, especially as second time around it feels like a repeat, even if you haven't watched it, because you saw it heavily trailers months earlier.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - tellyblues - 24-08-2023

(24-08-2023, 11:03 AM)Score Wrote:  It’s interesting to see them putting these shows in slots they wouldn’t normally have that kind of original content in (e.g. Crime on Saturdays at 10pm, You & Me on ITV2) and that might be the way forward.

For a long time it has been thought that LE is only what viewers want on a Saturday night but even back in the 90s with Gladiators etc on earlier in the evening there was the likes of The Bill or some murder mystery drama later on. Crime will do decent even if it is based on something by Irvine Welsh.

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - James2001 - 24-08-2023

Casualty's been on Saturdays for the last 30 years as well, and that's most definitely not LE!

RE: ITV Autumn 2022 Programming - tellyblues - 25-08-2023

True, but not ITV either.

Another new show announced, The Fortune Hotel. 10 pairs of contestants go to a hotel and are each given a case - one contains £250k...

No wonder ratings are where they are.