Pres Café
ITV Programming - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV Programming (/showthread.php?tid=61)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: ITV Programming - Brekkie - 05-03-2024

That does somewhat make sense considering ratings have become more fragmented so it would tighten up accuracy now we're commonly talking about ratings of 2.5m rather than 8.5m.

RE: ITV Programming - lookoutwales - 08-03-2024

Paul O'Grady's very last TV project due to air this Easter - a two-parter called 'Paul O’Grady’s Great Elephant Adventure', filmed in Thailand and Laos - along with a new tribute documentary, 'The Life and Death of Lily Savage'.

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2024-03-08/itv-announces-new-documentary-in-honour-of-the-late-paul-ogrady 

RE: ITV Programming - Nobby - 08-03-2024

Did you hear that? The Dark Destroyer promoted The Oscars during The Chase. He said "Watch this Sunday on ITV 1 and ITVX. The Oscars™ back on ITV".

What did he say, if anything, on STV? On ITV 1, his unusual outburst was after the first cash builder.

RE: ITV Programming - JAS84 - 08-03-2024

If it was part of the programme, he'd have said the exact same line even on the STV broadcast. He should've said "ITV1, STV and ITVX".

RE: ITV Programming - Larry the Loafer - 08-03-2024

It's a blessing to hear something promoted without ITVX being shoehorned in, but is it considered something of a national insult to Scotland if STV isn't referenced accordingly? Or is this just the trademark pres fan nitpicking we're all famous for?

RE: ITV Programming - Nobby - 08-03-2024

(08-03-2024, 07:35 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  If it was part of the programme, he'd have said the exact same line even on the STV broadcast. He should've said "ITV1, STV and ITVX".

I'm 99% sure you are correct, although you'll notice we did only see The Chaser in close-up and one other shot where you couldn't see his mouth, so it's possible that The Oscars® promo was recorded later than the episode.

No one responded to him other than with laughter, which seems like a strange reaction to Wallace's informative IPP anyway.

With that being the case, it's possible but probably unlikely that a version mentioning STV and STV Player was also recorded.

You'd hope a version where he doesn't promote The Oscars® and instead says "After this on Challenge, there will be another old episode of The Chase or maybe Bullseye" instead.

What have ITV or Challenge done when they repeat other special episodes like the one referencing Prince Harry's wedding?

RE: ITV Programming - RhysJR - 08-03-2024

It's ITV 1 and ITV X that's mentioned on the STV Player recording as well (4:45 in).

https://player.stv.tv/episode/4kcf/the-chase 

Weirdly, The Chase is only available for 18+ audience on STV Player because of the gambling-related sposnor. Seems a little OTT.

RE: ITV Programming - JMT1985 - 09-03-2024

Can someone at ITV please end The Jonathan Ross Show - just switched on, and my friend before it started actually said "let me guess, Rob Beckett will be on tonight" and he is. This show is dead, and doesn't deserve to be on anymore unless there is a big revamp of the guests and format.

The guest list this week is appalling - no excuses, as Graham Norton has now finished his series and will not be back until September - the guest booker on Jonathan's show needs to be sacked.

Rob Beckett - Liam Gallagher - Millie Bobby Brown (who I have never heard of) - and a darts player who I have never heard of called Luke Littler.

Is this what Jonathan and ITV consider proper Saturday prime time entertainment? They should be airing G'Wed in this slot, proper new fresh comedy, a great series which I love.

You get the feeling that both Graham and Jonathan are now phoning in their show - both have stripped their shows of all comedy and audience bits they used to do which made it entertaining - at least with Graham he still attracts the big name guests

RE: ITV Programming - Brekkie - 09-03-2024

Odd they aired the premiere of G'Wed last weekend but aren't continuing it tonight.

Thought Jonathan Ross would be off air this week with the Oscars (is he even getting a trip to LA?), or at least they'd go Oscar heavy on it and try and get some A-listers, perhaps even record it in LA. But no - to be fair Millie Bobbie Brown the biggest international name on the show now and Raye very much an A-lister after her success last weekend.

I get not airing regular BB on Saturday nights (and think the night off is welcome) but for the short run Celeb Big Brother for the sake of two episodes it really should be airing on Saturdays too.

RE: ITV Programming - GraemeT88 - 09-03-2024

That’s a pretty decent chat show line up. Don’t see any issue there at all!