Pres Café
ITV Programming - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV Programming (/showthread.php?tid=61)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: ITV Programming - gottago - 09-03-2024

(09-03-2024, 10:45 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Rob Beckett - Liam Gallagher - Millie Bobby Brown (who I have never heard of) - and a darts player who I have never heard of called Luke Littler.

Millie has by far the biggest international profile of all of them, hardly a nobody, and how on earth did you miss the Luke Littler hype? I was abroad at the time and still knew about that phenomenon.

RE: ITV Programming - Andrew - 09-03-2024

(09-03-2024, 10:45 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Millie Bobby Brown (who I have never heard of) - and a darts player who I have never heard of called Luke Littler.

I take it you didn’t watch the news for about a week earlier this year?

You also seem to have omitted the multi Brit Award winning Raye was also on the sofa?

(09-03-2024, 11:18 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Thought Jonathan Ross would be off air this week with the Oscars

It wasn’t on last week because of the Brit Awards and it isn’t on next week due to the Six Nations

It could hardly miss this week as well

I’m not expecting Ross to be in America for the Oscars, I’d expect them to be hosting their coverage here

RE: ITV Programming - JMT1985 - 09-03-2024

(09-03-2024, 11:22 PM)gottago Wrote:  Millie has by far the biggest international profile of all of them, hardly a nobody, and how on earth did you miss the Luke Littler hype? I was abroad at the time and still knew about that phenomenon.

Sorry, this is not what I consider big guests - just take a look at Graham Norton's guests for his final few weeks and they are miles better than Jonathan's - the show really needs a new guest booker otherwise this show is dead.

The ratings are in the toilet, I imagine ITV just keep it going because they have no other prime time talk show to speak of.

Their Christmas special didn't even manage to get to the 1 million mark I was told, and I can see why.

RE: ITV Programming - JMT1985 - 09-03-2024

(09-03-2024, 11:22 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I take it you didn’t watch the news for about a week earlier this year?

As I have said before, I am not the only person who has no idea who she is - not for me, and that phrase "not for me" is what I have been saying a lot about Jonathan's shows over recent years.

I never missed a show when he was doing Friday Night with Jonathan Ross on BBC 1 - I loved it, and I wish they had that energy on this show now

RE: ITV Programming - Jon - 09-03-2024

(09-03-2024, 11:22 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I take it you didn’t watch the news for about a week earlier this year?

You also seem to have omitted the multi Brit Award winning Raye was also on the sofa?

It wasn’t on last week because of the Brit Awards and it isn’t on next week due to the Six Nations

It could hardly miss this week as well

I’m not expecting Ross to be in America for the Oscars, I’d expect them to be hosting their coverage here
Considering they sent Good Morning Britain to Oscars a couple of years ago, it might be a bit surprising if they don’t for actual coverage of the Oscars. Not to mentioned he’ll actually be able to interview the stars if he’s there. They sent a team over for the Superbowl but NFL probably pay for that.

ITV may have a similarly good deal with The Oscars, which no one in this country cares about apart from Shaun Wallace.

RE: ITV Programming - callumwatchestelly - 09-03-2024

The Jonathan Ross Show either needs a major revamp or ITV just needs a new late night talk show. In my eyes, they should look at the US late night formula that still has the music, the interviews but also have skits and special games/segments with people being interviewed on the show, that often don't involve doing the bare minimum for a few minutes. The format of intro/smallest monologue on the planet, guests and then music at the end is just as basic as these shows can get.

RE: ITV Programming - Andrew - 09-03-2024

(09-03-2024, 11:26 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Sorry, this is not what I consider big guests - just take a look at Graham Norton's guests for his final few weeks and they are miles better than Jonathan's - the show really needs a new guest booker otherwise this show is dead.

The ratings are in the toilet, I imagine ITV just keep it going because they have no other prime time talk show to speak of.

Their Christmas special didn't even manage to get to the 1 million mark I was told, and I can see why.

Jonathan Ross usually rates only slightly lower than Graham Norton does, the Jonathan Ross episode two weeks ago got an overnight of 2m, the one the week before got 1.5m. Graham Norton generally gets about 2m

(09-03-2024, 11:27 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  As I have said before, I am not the only person who has no idea who she is - not for me, and that phrase "not for me" is what I have been saying a lot about Jonathan's shows over recent years.

I’m talking about “some darts player I’ve never heard of”

He was pretty much the top story on the national news for a few days earlier this year

RE: ITV Programming - JAS84 - 10-03-2024

(09-03-2024, 11:22 PM)gottago Wrote:  Millie has by far the biggest international profile of all of them, hardly a nobody,
I assume they just don't have Netflix, and thus have never seen her show Stranger Things.

RE: ITV Programming - Brekkie - 10-03-2024

(09-03-2024, 11:27 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  As I have said before, I am not the only person who has no idea who she is - not for me, and that phrase "not for me" is what I have been saying a lot about Jonathan's shows over recent years.

I never missed a show when he was doing Friday Night with Jonathan Ross on BBC 1 - I loved it, and I wish they had that energy on this show now
I think the trouble now with chat shows is there is only really Jonathan and Graham left, and they can't cover all bases. Personally I generally prefer the British household names to the big American guests, who can be hit and miss. Those who embrace them do well, and those just on a publicity jaunt don't.

RE: ITV Programming - Newshound47 - 10-03-2024

The fracturing of the media is what is making it harder to book these shows. Fewer people are becoming household name famous now.