Pres Café
ITV Programming - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV Programming (/showthread.php?tid=61)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: ITV Programming - iloveTV1 - 10-03-2024

(09-03-2024, 11:18 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Odd they aired the premiere of G'Wed last weekend but aren't continuing it tonight.

Thought Jonathan Ross would be off air this week with the Oscars (is he even getting a trip to LA?)

I think they just showed the first episode of G’Wed to try and get some of the post-Brits audience; it was all aired on ITV2 last week.

Given the show is filmed midweek, there’s no reason Ross couldn’t have gone to LA on Thursday (the show is recorded on Wednesday I believe) if he’s going out at all.

RE: ITV Programming - tellyblues - 10-03-2024

Jonathan Ross is like Casualty in that they're both there Saturday night but not must watch. It's a difficult slot to fill because people want something different to what has been on earlier and which feels like Saturday night TV. Password may be that sort of thing and I imagine that will launch when BGT returns.

RE: ITV Programming - JMT1985 - 10-03-2024

Why don't ITV just go out and create a new version of Saturday Live which used to be on Channel 4 in the 80s?

A great energy mix of comedy, sketches and music, a bit like SNL on NBC now in the US - give us something different, with energy - Saturday nights is about having fun, it is the week, instead of nodding off half way through Jonathan's show where he is usually interviewing yet another guest from an ITV show which they are plugging, or one of the comedians who just happens to be on the same management as Jonathan.

RE: ITV Programming - freeview87 - 10-03-2024

(10-03-2024, 10:02 AM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  I think they just showed the first episode of G’Wed to try and get some of the post-Brits audience; it was all aired on ITV2 last week.

Given the show is filmed midweek, there’s no reason Ross couldn’t have gone to LA on Thursday (the show is recorded on Wednesday I believe) if he’s going out at all.

He's in the UK i believe. GMB had a behind the scenes video of his Oscars studio with him there.

RE: ITV Programming - James2001 - 10-03-2024

Liam Gallagher might be a someone, but him abd Squires came across as people who didn't want to be there, which doesn't make good television.

RE: ITV Programming - XIII - 10-03-2024

(10-03-2024, 02:00 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Why don't ITV just go out and create a new version of Saturday Live which used to be on Channel 4 in the 80s?

A great energy mix of comedy, sketches and music, a bit like SNL on NBC now in the US - give us something different, with energy - Saturday nights is about having fun, it is the week, instead of nodding off half way through Jonathan's show where he is usually interviewing yet another guest from an ITV show which they are plugging, or one of the comedians who just happens to be on the same management as Jonathan.

Because it would cost more money than Jonathan Ross? You don't seem to know how television budgets work.

RE: ITV Programming - tellyblues - 10-03-2024

Next it'll be "you'll never work in TV" as if every forum is supposed to be The X Factor for getting a job in the industry. Rolleyes

(10-03-2024, 04:46 PM)XIII Wrote:  Because it would cost more money than Jonathan Ross? You don't seem to know how television budgets work.

And you don't seem to realise that The Jonathan Ross Show is sliding in the ratings, and ad revenue must be low for his show - in fact on some occasions there is no adverts in some of his breaks and they just air trailers.

I do know how budgets work - and ITV throws a fortune at other programmes, but can't afford to create a one hour late night entertainment show - it doesn't take much - they throw a lot of money at Ant and Dec for SNT for seven 90 minute shows a year, but for less than that they could easily do a better entertainment show than what Jonathan gives us now.

If they don't try, you will never know - and looking at the ratings, surely ITV sees how stale JR show has become

RE: ITV Programming - XIII - 10-03-2024

A show like Saturday Live would cost a lot more than Jonathan Ross because you’re adding extra costs like sketch writers, comedians etc a chat show by comparison is cheap.

(10-03-2024, 08:53 PM)XIII Wrote:  A show like Saturday Live would cost a lot more than Jonathan Ross because you’re adding extra costs like sketch writers, comedians etc a chat show by comparison is cheap.

Yes, but it is about getting viewers watching - spend a bit more money, to get more viewers watching a fresh new show on Saturday night, or allow a boring, dull show to continue and get a trickle of viewers.

My view is, you have to spend money to see what is popular - for example ITV could try out that format and see the response - not hard to do 2 or 3 specials and judge if the audience is there, the sponsors and advertisers are there etc

This is the problem with linear television now - they need to take a gamble, instead of playing safe by bringing back game shows of the past for example.