Pres Café
ITV Programming - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV Programming (/showthread.php?tid=61)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: ITV Programming - iloveTV1 - 10-04-2024

Schedule for 20th April is:

6pm - In For a Penny
6.30pm - In With a Shout
7.30pm - Britain’s Got Talent
8.55pm - The 1% Club

Not really much point in showing In For a Penny at 6pm given that the weather will (hopefully) pick up later into the run; would’ve made sense to have started it in the last couple of weeks when they’ve been showing Catchphrase repeats.

RE: ITV Programming - RhysJR - 15-04-2024

Looks like Midsomer Murders is the latest victim of the axed clickbait headline plague. Echo the below.

https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1779882346356834727?t=XebPMN69VGX5kNb4YAcYJg&s=19 

RE: ITV Programming - Brekkie - 15-04-2024

Isn't even the usual quote from ITV at the end confirming what they wrote is bollocks.

Midsomer Murders scheduling has been quite erratic over the last couple of years and generally premieres abroad first.

RE: ITV Programming - James2001 - 15-04-2024

A few months back my local newspaper but a "breaking news" banner on the site (which is always there even if you scroll down), and it has these ridiculous sort of clickbait headlines. Last week one of them was "major soap axed"... click on it and it's just because Emmerdale wasn't on last Tuesday because of football.

It's an infuriating banner and there's no way to get rid of it (and it scrolls too so your eyes are always drawn to it), most of the headlines are either of the "X show axed" sort or something clickbaity about a "major star" (then you click on the story and it's about a minor US celeb I've never even heard of).

RE: ITV Programming - eyeTV - 15-04-2024

The Sun doubled down tonight. Apparently bookies say that Midsomer Murders is 8/1 to be axed after ITV 'pulled' the next episode that was never scheduled in the first place. This, after 'speculation' about it's future (caused entirely by The Sun) for failing to understand the basics of TV scheduling.

We do have such garbage media.

I notice some of the tabloids have now taken to using AI to predict soap storylines, headlined as fact of course. Total garbage.

RE: ITV Programming - Brekkie - 15-04-2024

They like to claim the next host of a show has been "revealed" then the story is it's just the odds too. I think so much of the clickbait is pre-written now then they just find three or four tweets that fit their narrative. 8/1 is pretty long odds for a show to be axed - you rarely win money on odds that long.

BGT has launched with a weekend double bill since 2022 now, and likely would have in 2020 too if it wasn't for covid.

RE: ITV Programming - JasonB - 15-04-2024

(15-04-2024, 07:37 PM)James2001 Wrote:  A few months back my local newspaper but a "breaking news" banner on the site (which is always there even if you scroll down), and it has these ridiculous sort of clickbait headlines. Last week one of them was "major soap axed"... click on it and it's just because Emmerdale wasn't on last Tuesday because of football.

It's an infuriating banner and there's no way to get rid of it (and it scrolls too so your eyes are always drawn to it), most of the headlines are either of the "X show axed" sort or something clickbaity about a "major star" (then you click on the story and it's about a minor US celeb I've never even heard of).

I saw from one today from a site called "National World" The headline said "Eastenders soap Cancelled" then went on to explain why it was pulled from the schedules. You'd think they were reporting that show had been axed.

RE: ITV Programming - Brekkie - 16-04-2024

The irony as far as The Sun is concerned is one thing they're usually reliable for is insider TV news. Most of their genuine reporting, rather than clickbait journalism, turns out to be true. Just shows though if they're willing to blatantly lie about things that can so easily be proven to be untrue - and then double down on them - that they're willing to lie about anything to fit their narrative. Not sure what Midsomer Murders has done to deserve that treatment though.

Back to breakfast and the Katie Piper Breakfast Show starts this weekend across Saturdays and Sundays, with the Titchmarsh/James Martin repeats back beforehand. I don't suppose there are any figures out there of how these rate compared to the previous CITV content.

RE: ITV Programming - James2001 - 16-04-2024

(15-04-2024, 11:56 PM)JasonB Wrote:  I saw from one today from a site called "National World" The headline said "Eastenders soap Cancelled" then went on to explain why it was pulled from the schedules. You'd think they were reporting that show had been axed.

Yeah, that's the one... Must be run by the same company that owns the local paper.

In fact looking at it right now they have "iconic ITV show cancelled" as one of the headlines- referring to Midsomer of course. I wish there was a way to switch that damn banner off.

RE: ITV Programming - Keith - 16-04-2024

(15-04-2024, 11:37 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  The Sun doubled down tonight. Apparently bookies say that Midsomer Murders is 8/1 to be axed after ITV 'pulled' the next episode that was never scheduled in the first place. This, after 'speculation' about it's future (caused entirely by The Sun) for failing to understand the basics of TV scheduling.
The other favourite is for tabloids to make up news by running "xxx under threat of being axed". Then a few days/weeks later run "xxx (celeb) looks xxx (emotion) admit threat of xxx (if relating to a show) being axed". A few more days/weeks later they can then run "xxx saved from being axed" or "xxx (celeb or broadcaster) denies rumours of xxx (celeb or show) being axed".

Basically allows them to run multiple articles online, instead of just one (or none). All conveniently pushing readers to their web pages and view the adverts on those pages, which generates revenue for them. It also allows the website/tabloid to push and then reinforce their own agenda (and grudges/vendettas).

Arguably an example of this could be seen with articles speculating on Giovanni Pernice's future on Strictly.