Pres Café
ITV Programming - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV Programming (/showthread.php?tid=61)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: ITV Programming - Score - 02-05-2024

(02-05-2024, 09:45 AM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  If The 1% Club is finishing this weekend then I wouldn’t be surprised if they put the subsequent films at 9pm after BGT

If it wasn’t for Red Eye then a Saturday to Saturday strip could have worked for Fortune Hotel rather than airing over two weeks. Would have given it two BGT lead-ins including for the launch (possibly three if there’s a Sunday BGT on May 19th).

The Bond movies would be a complete waste of that slot yet I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re right.

Is it definite that 1% Club is finishing this Saturday?

RE: ITV Programming - eyeTV - 02-05-2024

(02-05-2024, 07:25 AM)TVFan Wrote:  You won’t have to wait much longer Big Grin

https://up.metropol247.co.uk/GhostFromTVF/070799F8-F16E-4C08-8360-D4B2328DC629.jpeg 

Won’t be having a Bond season just yet though, it’s only on as filler against Eurovision.

Will they bother with the ''Saturday Night' DOG on Eurovision night?

RE: ITV Programming - tellyblues - 02-05-2024

So apart from Password then it looks like nothing new from ITV on Saturday nights for the rest of the year. I thought there might be something that has flown under the radar, due to start July-September.

ITV always give up against Strictly and probably won't launch anything against The Wheel either so that appears to rule out the newly announced commissions which seem too big to act as fodder. Picture Slam will also get an easy time of it despite being no great shakes.

RE: ITV Programming - eyeTV - 02-05-2024

ITV are a big show short in the schedule. The Voice isn't it, no matter how many attempts at a revival, changing personnel or format. With the current crisis in TV production, I can't see it being a situation that turns around anytime soon. They just seem happy to bumble along in Q4 with 3rd tier entertainment shows.

RE: ITV Programming - Ash101 - 02-05-2024

(02-05-2024, 02:07 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  ITV are a big show short in the schedule. The Voice isn't it, no matter how many attempts at a revival, changing personnel or format. With the current crisis in TV production, I can't see it being a situation that turns around anytime soon. They just seem happy to bumble along in Q4 with 3rd tier entertainment shows.

Indeed, but I guess that has been OK for them as they still own Q1 & Q2 on a Saturday night.

Will be interesting to see how they fill the SNT hole, as it leaves them a little vulnerable for 7 weeks in a stronger period for them.

RE: ITV Programming - JMT1985 - 02-05-2024

Why have ITV left themselves in this position? Surely they knew first Ant and Dec were ending SNT, and so a 7 week void there will happen, and of course how stupid can they be knowing their autumn Saturday schedule looks dead in the water?

A lot of people have focused on the problems at Channel 4, ITV are in just as bad condition, especially with some of their recent comedies now axed after just one series.

RE: ITV Programming - Brekkie - 02-05-2024

(02-05-2024, 11:27 AM)Score Wrote:  Is it definite that 1% Club is finishing this Saturday?
Not definite but this is listed as episode 10 and earlier in the series episodes were listed as x/10.

ITV PI lists the celeb specials of Beat the Chasers as episode 6-9/9 so not sure if those first 5 are previous celeb episodes largely shown as one offs or a series of 5 civilian episodes which may or may not have been shown.

RE: ITV Programming - Score - 03-05-2024

(02-05-2024, 02:07 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  ITV are a big show short in the schedule. The Voice isn't it, no matter how many attempts at a revival, changing personnel or format. With the current crisis in TV production, I can't see it being a situation that turns around anytime soon. They just seem happy to bumble along in Q4 with 3rd tier entertainment shows.

As we’ve said before they’ve never really replaced The X Factor, and at this point I can’t imagine it would do any worse than The Voice is. It’s difficult because they need to find something for the Autumn, but I can also see why they don’t want to launch a new format there against Strictly. So they need to be launching new stuff in the first half of the year with a view to it then moving into Autumn once established but that doesn’t seem to be happening either. They could do with a big splashy play but I’ve no idea where that comes from and they must be kicking themselves that they missed out on Gladiators.

(02-05-2024, 05:49 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Not definite but this is listed as episode 10 and earlier in the series episodes were listed as x/10.

ITV PI lists the celeb specials of Beat the Chasers as episode 6-9/9 so not sure if those first 5 are previous celeb episodes largely shown as one offs or a series of 5 civilian episodes which may or may not have been shown.

Thanks - there will only be two post-BGT Saturday slots left after Eurovision so does make sense to hold some 1% Club back. Not sure what those two lead-ins will go on though and it does seem odd to not put Fortune Hotel there in some form.

Those Beat the Chasers episodes are a 5 part civilian series which hasn’t aired yet. Guessing that’ll be for Autumn, could be stripped but also another option for Saturday nights. Quite funny though that 3 of next week’s celebrity specials were filmed last year as part of series 6, but the fourth (airing on Thursday) is a holdover from series 4, which aired all the way back in Autumn 2021. No idea why it’s taken this long to air.

RE: ITV Programming - Brekkie - 03-05-2024

Is that with the usual Chaser line up then as they had a series missing Paul and a series missing Anne.

RE: ITV Programming - tellyblues - 03-05-2024

(02-05-2024, 05:28 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Why have ITV left themselves in this position? Surely they knew first Ant and Dec were ending SNT, and so a 7 week void there will happen, and of course how stupid can they be knowing their autumn Saturday schedule looks dead in the water?

A lot of people have focused on the problems at Channel 4, ITV are in just as bad condition, especially with some of their recent comedies now axed after just one series.

Finding a replacement for SNT even with plenty of heads-up was always going to be difficult but it can be done. The likelihood is that it won't, because for every Masked Singer there's about 20 shows that don't last more than one or two series, deservedly so. It's obvious why amongst the glut of gameshows commissioned, Lingo, Deal or No Deal and The 1% Club are hits - they're different and show ambition.

ITV's autumn schedule isn't so bad for viewers that like certain shows and they do decent numbers, but when you hear people at ITV saying they won't try to compete with Strictly, it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth and undermines the shows that do.

Channel 4 get more criticism because they haven't had many hits recently and the comedies they've axed were supposed to be hits and not just streaming platform exclusives. I think it's also the case with C4 that there are particular people who have been namechecked enough online that it has made it easier for viewers to direct their anger towards them instead of the corporation itself.

(03-05-2024, 03:14 PM)Score Wrote:  They could do with a big splashy play but I’ve no idea where that comes from and they must be kicking themselves that they missed out on Gladiators.

It would be interesting to know if ITV were approached about Gladiators.