Pres Café
BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage (/showthread.php?tid=650)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: BBC/ITV/Sky Election rehearsals - interestednovice - 25-01-2024

(22-01-2024, 03:05 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  The thing is that at 10pm on election night the only thing that matters is who's won the election. Opinions are for the previous four weeks, they aren't relevant once voting stops.

Absolutely true, and the “analysis” we hear from politicians of all types is usually a re-run of the issues of the campaign along with the constant “we’ll have to wait until more results come in”. Most of the early part of the election programme doesn’t even discuss who might have won the election, which is really pointless when you think about it.

We should have more impartial (i.e. experts and BBC reporters) analysis, instead of politicians given free reign to talk endlessly around the the usual campaign points.

The BBC did this quite well actually with the primary coverage earlier this week, with Helena Humphrey in the “touch screen” role, both Sumi & Catriona attempting to moderate discussion fairly strictly and the panel having a better mix than usual - along with Katty as extra analysis.

Hopefully that portends good things to come.

RE: BBC/ITV/Sky Election rehearsals - Milkshake - 19-02-2024

Tuesday 26th March will be the day if PM want to go for General Election on May 2nd. So Surly a test run is taking place over the next 6 weeks just in case?

RE: BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One) - TMD_24 - 29-02-2024

The Sun reporting that it will be Laura and Clive that will be hosting election coverage for the BBC when one is called here!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/26252808/laura-kuenssberg-bbc-election-night-news-anchor/ 

RE: BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One) - DTV - 29-02-2024

(29-02-2024, 11:45 AM)TMD_24 Wrote:  The Sun reporting that it will be Laura and Clive that will be hosting election coverage for the BBC when one is called here!
One of those questions where, for all the speculation, the answer was fairly obvious all along.

RE: BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One) - qwerty123 - 29-02-2024

(29-02-2024, 11:45 AM)TMD_24 Wrote:  The Sun reporting that it will be Laura and Clive that will be hosting election coverage for the BBC when one is called here!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/26252808/laura-kuenssberg-bbc-election-night-news-anchor/ 

Excellent news for ITV and Sky.

RE: BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One) - Moz - 29-02-2024

(29-02-2024, 01:29 PM)qwerty123 Wrote:  Excellent news for ITV and Sky.

Really? Both extremely good broadcasters and I think they’ll have great chemistry between them.

Can’t wait*

*for both the election and the pres!

RE: BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One) - UTVLifer - 29-02-2024

Given Laura had already stepped in last year due to the coronation, it was inevitable that she'd be replacing Huw for the general election, but I'm very pleased that they'll be teaming her up with Clive

I wonder if she'll be doing the LEs in May solo again or if they'll give her and Clive a dry run together before the general election happen

RE: BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One) - Andrew - 29-02-2024

There are still loads of questions especially as the Sun have probably got a tiny bit of info and added their own take

Are they literally co presenting in the traditional sense of is it just that they are both involved?

Does this mean there won’t be the interviewer role or the touchscreen results role, or will they be additional people?

Will they do the entire programme together including next morning or is it really one of them overnight, one next morning?

RE: BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One) - qwerty123 - 29-02-2024

(29-02-2024, 07:37 PM)Andrew Wrote:  There are still loads of questions especially as the Sun have probably got a tiny bit of info and added their own take

Are they literally co presenting in the traditional sense of is it just that they are both involved?

Does this mean there won’t be the interviewer role or the touchscreen results role, or will they be additional people?

Will they do the entire programme together including next morning or is it really one of them overnight, one next morning?

I wouldn’t bother reading too much into the details of an article that says Richard Dimbleby was David’s son…

RE: BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One) - DTV - 01-03-2024

(29-02-2024, 07:37 PM)Andrew Wrote:  There are still loads of questions especially as the Sun have probably got a tiny bit of info and added their own take

I suspect in that situation, you're probably talking Clive in the main 'anchor' presenter role and Laura in the interviewer/inquisitor role (possibly enhanced, clawing back some of the interviews that the main presenter has done in recent elections). I don't see why they'd ditch Reeta as the touchscreen analyst, especially given her now higher profile, and doubt Clive or Laura would be especially suited to an analysis role.

I suspect there will also be some other presenters doing 'features', though would be personally overjoyed if they drop the Vine VR segments. Given the likely outcome of the election, it seems unlikely there will be much uncertainty over the result by the morning, allowing a secondary team to take over at Breakfast, giving the primary team rest before heading to Downing Street and covering the new PM.

It's certainly not my dream team, but it is the obvious one and you can see how it all broadly fits together.