Pres Café
The TV Gameshow Thread - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The TV Gameshow Thread (/showthread.php?tid=66)

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Gary Baldy - 15-02-2023

I quite liked Catchpoint but I think the game mechanic gets tiring beyond the first series.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - iloveTV1 - 15-02-2023

And Epic Gameshow has joined the scrap heap. Surprised none of the different games never got their own series from that.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tvukzone/status/1625950272034942976 

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Brekkie - 15-02-2023

Ooh, this is like the UK gameshow equivalent of the axings at the US Upfronts. No surprises at all, though agree I'd have thought ITV would have given at least one of the Epic Show formats a chance as a series in it's own right. My choice would be Strike It Lucky - I think that suited Alan best - but they'd have probably gone for one of the Brucie formats (Play your Cards Right the better of the two IMO).

I think the BBC have commissioned enough in recent months that there would be no room for Catchpoint and I Can See Your Voice in the schedule anyway. And whilst ITV may have the Rugby World Cup it still feels like they probably have a slot or two to fill - something to accompany The Voice in the second half of the autumn and I guess they need to replace Romeo & Duet in the pre-BGT slot this Spring too. They have got Sitting on a Fortune and Moneyball to burn off over the summer, whilst Celebrity Chase now seems to be used in a similar way to Pointless and just has new episodes as and when a slot needs filling.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Ash101 - 15-02-2023

I wonder if Sitting on a Fortune will take the Romeo & Duet slot? I remember reading something (Bother’s Bar maybe?) that it was set for Spring and Moneyball was summer.

Agree about Epic Gameshow. Really feels like they should’ve tried one as a full 6 part run. Maybe Price is Right considering it has variety, but they didn’t do any new episodes of that last year under Epic, so obviously fallen out of favour.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Score - 15-02-2023

I’m pretty sure the new Joel Dommett format ‘In With a Shout’ will take the Romeo & Duet slot in the Spring. It was announced a few weeks back and filming is early March.

Sitting on a Fortune was Sundays last time so might take over from Dancing on Ice in April. They’ve not commissioned any more All Star Musicals, although they have also got the Mamma Mia search series and I’m not sure what slot is expected for that.

Also I think they’ve filmed 13 episodes of The 1% Club, so I wouldn’t be surprised if some of those are held back for Autumn as I doubt they’ll show them all in the Spring.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - tellyblues - 15-02-2023

On the subject of Romeo & Duet, Oti Mabuse did a pilot for The Tower but nothing more has come out about that.

Alan Carr won't be too disappointed about EG as he has Picture Slam. Who knows where that will go. Probably after Gladiators at 10pm knowing the BBC.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - JAS84 - 16-02-2023

10pm wouldn't be straight after Gladiators, the previous programme is more likely to be Casualty. I don't see Gladiators airing at 9pm, it's supposed to be family entertainment.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - tellyblues - 16-02-2023

(16-02-2023, 02:07 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  10pm wouldn't be straight after Gladiators, the previous programme is more likely to be Casualty. I don't see Gladiators airing at 9pm, it's supposed to be family entertainment.

That was the joke. Their scheduling is baffling at times.

ICSYV was supposed to be family entertainment and that was on far too late.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - NI92 - 16-02-2023

(16-02-2023, 02:53 AM)tellyblues Wrote:  
(16-02-2023, 02:07 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  10pm wouldn't be straight after Gladiators, the previous programme is more likely to be Casualty. I don't see Gladiators airing at 9pm, it's supposed to be family entertainment.

That was the joke. Their scheduling is baffling at times.

ICSYV was supposed to be family entertainment and that was on far too late.

I was surprised at the axing of ICSYV, I 100% agree it was on too late however from what I seen it was holding it's own in terms of ratings

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Brekkie - 16-02-2023

(15-02-2023, 09:55 PM)Score Wrote:  I’m pretty sure the new Joel Dommett format ‘In With a Shout’ will take the Romeo & Duet slot in the Spring. It was announced a few weeks back and filming is early March.

Sitting on a Fortune was Sundays last time so might take over from Dancing on Ice in April. They’ve not commissioned any more All Star Musicals, although they have also got the Mamma Mia search series and I’m not sure what slot is expected for that.

Also I think they’ve filmed 13 episodes of The 1% Club, so I wouldn’t be surprised if some of those are held back for Autumn as I doubt they’ll show them all in the Spring.

Yes, if that's the case likely to split it into a 7-part run alongside BGT then probaly a 6-part run at the end of the year.    I'm surprised they never fleshed out All Stars Musicals into a weekly elimnation series - 8 celebs over 6 weeks would work pretty well and slot into the Dancing on Ice slot in the Spring quite nicely.