Pres Café
The TV Gameshow Thread - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The TV Gameshow Thread (/showthread.php?tid=66)

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - bilky asko - 02-03-2024

(02-03-2024, 10:55 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  It's actually moving to Maidstone TV studios according to the contestant application form.

Isn't that where Catchphrase is done? Which would also make sense

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Jon - 03-03-2024

Makes more sense as it seems to be pretty equidistant for the other two Butlins branches.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Brekkie - 03-03-2024

(02-03-2024, 10:59 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Couple of open ended contenders for which the gap between filming and broadcasting grows longer every day:
Press Ganged (filmed in 2004 and then was never aired - why was never disclosed)
Man Versus Beast (scheduled for 2003 and was then pulled).

As for stuff that did get aired...
There were those episodes of 2007 Supermarket Sweep that ITV didn't air and they ended up debuting on Challenge two or three years later. This happened with another show as well, but I can't remember what it was, it might have been Joe Pasquale's Price is Right.

According to to One Question Shootout there's a few Series 14 episodes of The Chase that haven't appeared yet, best part of two and a half years down the line.

I think The Crystal Maze might beat that as the last three episodes of the first series, filmed in early 2017 were not aired until December 2020. Not sure if there were any winnings to pay out in those last three episodes though.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - tellyblues - 03-03-2024

There are seven episodes of My Kind of Music and a Christmas special of Full Swing yet to air.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - bilky asko - 03-03-2024

(03-03-2024, 12:40 AM)Jon Wrote:  Makes more sense as it seems to be pretty equidistant for the other two Butlins branches.

Indeed, I hear he wished to take his chances sleeping on the studio floor over the Butlin's accommodation

At least it’s not Pontins, he wouldn’t be allowed to use their accommodation with a surname like that!

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Neil Jones - 03-03-2024

(03-03-2024, 12:55 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  I think The Crystal Maze might beat that as the last three episodes of the first series, filmed in early 2017 were not aired until December 2020. Not sure if there were any winnings to pay out in those last three episodes though.

Well the maze didn't offer "winnings" as such, they tended to be experience days, and I think that was the case in the later series as well.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Brekkie - 03-03-2024

I thought it was cash in the revival, or was that just in the celebrity episodes?

It was just the celebrity ones.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Johnr - 04-03-2024

Another sad death to add to 2024, Tony Green from Bullseye