Pres Café
The TV Gameshow Thread - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The TV Gameshow Thread (/showthread.php?tid=66)

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - JAS84 - 01-03-2023

Not being renewed past the next series isn't the same thing as being axed. Some people just need to calm down - and I mean the journalists writing these articles, not just members here.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - tellyblues - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 09:39 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  The reports seemed ridiculous in the first place - McCall clearly said they haven't made any statements regarding anything after the next series.

As for suggestions Millionaire has peaked - I thought it was still rating relatively well for ITV?

That doesn't mean it hasn't peaked.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Score - 02-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 10:49 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  
(01-03-2023, 09:39 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  The reports seemed ridiculous in the first place - McCall clearly said they haven't made any statements regarding anything after the next series.

As for suggestions Millionaire has peaked - I thought it was still rating relatively well for ITV?

That doesn't mean it hasn't peaked.

No, but something having peaked is not reason to end it. Otherwise the schedules would be pretty barren.

Anyway, it looks like Millionaire is not on the rather extensive list of shows being cancelled. They do need to start commissioning some new shows too although that’ll probably be for 2024, the weekend schedule for 2023 already looks pretty full.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Brekkie - 02-03-2023

I think the more distance between Millionaire airing and that column published late last year the less likely Clarkson hosting is likely to negatively impact on things. Clarkson's Farm hasn't been hurt in the ratings at all.

The bigger issue is ITV is actually quite full on Saturday nights probably through to next Spring now - it could play out on Sunday nights but there are only a few weeks a year now where ITV schedule 9pm dramas on Sundays requiring something to play at 8pm as opposed to the two hour detective dramas.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - eyeTV - 02-03-2023

It only had 1 run in 2022 in September / October starting on Saturdays then switching to Sundays.

I guess it could serve as the token summer entertainment show this year in the absence of Epic Gameshow.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Score - 02-03-2023

I think it might run through the Summer, possibly alongside The Voice and Moneyball. Not necessarily all 3 at once, with no primetime football they’ve got a full 3 month Summer to fill, so they could run across the Summer in some formation.

There’s not really room for The Voice in the Autumn this year as we’ve said before, and whilst they ran Bond repeat last Summer, in both 2021 and 2019 they did run a full Saturday night schedule through most of the Summer, so they could well do so again.

Another stripped run could be an option for Millionaire as well. Beat the Chasers normally runs a week in May but that isn’t filming until May so there’s a potential gap it could fill there.

There’s also the Mamma Mia series to fit in, but I could see that being Sundays in the Spring.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - tellyblues - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 11:52 AM)Score Wrote:  
(01-03-2023, 10:49 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  That doesn't mean it hasn't peaked.

No, but something having peaked is not reason to end it. Otherwise the schedules would be pretty barren.

Millionaire peaking is not THE reason to end it. There would be no speculation at all about the show getting axed had it being performing much better than just "decently".

Could it be replaced (in volume and viewing figures)? Absolutely.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - eyeTV - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 09:04 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  There would be no speculation at all about the show getting axed had it being performing much better than just "decently".

To be fair the speculation about the show getting axed in this scenario appeared to be more about the future of Clarkson than anything else.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Brekkie - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 05:04 PM)Score Wrote:  I think it might run through the Summer, possibly alongside The Voice and Moneyball. Not necessarily all 3 at once, with no primetime football they’ve got a full 3 month Summer to fill, so they could run across the Summer in some formation.

There’s not really room for The Voice in the Autumn this year as we’ve said before, and whilst they ran Bond repeat last Summer, in both 2021 and 2019 they did run a full Saturday night schedule through most of the Summer, so they could well do so again.

Another stripped run could be an option for Millionaire as well. Beat the Chasers normally runs a week in May but that isn’t filming until May so there’s a potential gap it could fill there.

There’s also the Mamma Mia series to fit in, but I could see that being Sundays in the Spring.

I'd imagine The Voice will air in the autumn as it did last year - just imagine some shows that aired Sept-Oct last year will push to Nov-Dec this year with the RWC kicking off the autumn rather than being at the back end of it as the FIFA WC was.   

Last year ITV put less effort into their summer Saturday schedules than they have done for a number of years, even with no World Cup, so I don't think they'll be playing a big franchise there this year.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - iloveTV1 - 03-03-2023

Seems pretty conclusive that it was a fake report:

https://twitter.com/MillionaireUK/status/1631591087792947200