Pres Café
The TV Gameshow Thread - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The TV Gameshow Thread (/showthread.php?tid=66)

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - JMT1985 - 21-06-2023

(21-06-2023, 06:55 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I think they have an extra zero on their pay packet compared to Graham Norton.

Well from the sources that have revealed Graham's salary in 2021 paid to him by his production company, which was £3.025 million - a figure released by his production company's accounts which was filed with Companies House, I wonder how close to that figure Ant and Dec have for their annual golden handcuff salary deal with ITV?

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Neil Jones - 21-06-2023

(21-06-2023, 07:00 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Well from the sources that have revealed Graham's salary in 2021 paid to him by his production company, which was £3.025 million - a figure released by his production company's accounts which was filed with Companies House, I wonder how close to that figure Ant and Dec have for their annual golden handcuff salary deal with ITV?

The last update was close to £30m for three years.
As somebody said, stick a zero on the end of Graham Norton's figure and you won't be too far away,

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Brekkie - 21-06-2023

(21-06-2023, 07:00 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Well from the sources that have revealed Graham's salary in 2021 paid to him by his production company, which was £3.025 million - a figure released by his production company's accounts which was filed with Companies House, I wonder how close to that figure Ant and Dec have for their annual golden handcuff salary deal with ITV?

Don't confuse his BBC presenting fee with the fee he gets from his production company (which ITV owns now anyhow).   Does that company produce his radio show too?

Anyhow, we do seem to have gone on a bit of a tangent so to vaguely get it back on topic other than his early C5 days has Graham Norton ever hosted a game show (as opposed to a talent show)?

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - sjames - 21-06-2023

(21-06-2023, 09:21 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Anyhow, we do seem to have gone on a bit of a tangent so to vaguely get it back on topic other than his early C5 days has Graham Norton ever hosted a game show (as opposed to a talent show)?

The closest example would be 'Generation Fame' the pre-Mel and Sue failed attempt at reviving the Generation Game featuring celebs shown one Christmas. There's a poor quality clip on YouTube mainly focused on the bits Rupert Grint was in.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - tellyblues - 21-06-2023

Norton co-hosted Carnal Knowledge with Maria McErlane.

Link NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbJaFZUGnDk 

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Pips2022 - 22-06-2023

(21-06-2023, 11:40 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  Norton co-hosted Carnal Knowledge with Maria McErlane.

Link NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbJaFZUGnDk 

this series is mostly notable for being pulled-off air for an ITN newsflash reporting Princess Diana’s car crash injuries

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - PJamo - 22-06-2023

(22-06-2023, 02:56 PM)Pips2022 Wrote:  this series is mostly notable for being pulled-off air for an ITN newsflash reporting Princess Diana’s car crash injuries

I was watching that night so saw the newsflash as it went out.

(Cannot believe I just admitted that)

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - James2001 - 22-06-2023

(22-06-2023, 02:56 PM)Pips2022 Wrote:  this series is mostly notable for being pulled-off air for an ITN newsflash reporting Princess Diana’s car crash injuries

The recording I've seen of said news flash was during a repeat of The Chart Show. I guess different regions were showing different things.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Larry the Loafer - 22-06-2023

(22-06-2023, 03:59 PM)James2001 Wrote:  The recording I've seen of said news flash was during a repeat of The Chart Show. I guess different regions were showing different things.

There was more than one, if YouTube is anything to go by. One was the first report during a film with a chap whose name escapes me right now, one was during a scheduled news update where Dermot Murnaghan seemed to rush his final few seconds before a really inappropriately upbeat ident into Carnal Knowledge, and there's also the infamous one during The Chart Show during which the news broke that Diana had died. So that's at least three I can account for that I've seen on YouTube, and I can't rule out there being more, I suppose.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - TVFan - 22-06-2023

(22-06-2023, 04:24 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  There was more than one, if YouTube is anything to go by. One was the first report during a film with a chap whose name escapes me right now, one was during a scheduled news update where Dermot Murnaghan seemed to rush his final few seconds before a really inappropriately upbeat ident into Carnal Knowledge, and there's also the infamous one during The Chart Show during which the news broke that Diana had died. So that's at least three I can account for that I've seen on YouTube, and I can't rule out there being more, I suppose.
The presenter of the first report was Tim Wilcox, as seen here: