Pres Café
The TV Gameshow Thread - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The TV Gameshow Thread (/showthread.php?tid=66)

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - tellyblues - 05-07-2023

Set reminds me of later Roy Walker hosted Catchphrase.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Nobby - 05-07-2023

(05-07-2023, 03:53 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  Set reminds me of later Roy Walker hosted Catchphrase.

I assume because of its smell or something because on looks alone, it's nowt like it.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - JMT1985 - 05-07-2023

Just checked the Applause Store website and the £250,000 logo has vanished - I get the feeling they originally commissioned this as a prime time show, but then got cold feet, and quickly changed it to a daily afternoon version - I believe the original plan was prime time.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - tellyblues - 05-07-2023

(05-07-2023, 03:57 PM)Nobby Wrote:  I assume because of its smell or something because on looks alone, it's nowt like it.

OK.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - TheRealWB - 05-07-2023

(05-07-2023, 03:41 PM)Johnr Wrote:  Yes, this is how I tried to describe the set yesterday in my write up if you can't be bothered reading the whole thing

"the Dream Factory is now a sort of mash up of the classic, Tron, The Chase and perhaps even Blockbusters"

The game board I couldn't quite work out if they're planning to perhaps add some sort of background to via the magic of post production or not

I was at the recording myself yesterday and I was going to do a similar writeup but you've covered everything rather well! 

I'll just say it was my first time at a recording of something like this and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. I like how for the most part it's stayed true to the original format. The set is obviously the biggest change but I think it works well and it's a nice upgrade. The graphics on the game board did remind me of the original Who Wants To Be A Millionaire question graphics. I did think it was interesting that there wasn't much use of music or any sign of an intro - I get this will be added in post - The old theme was used very sparingly so I don't know, I suppose it gives them the option of not using the original music?

I think Stephen Mulhern will be a brilliant host - I know this isn't his first rodeo so to speak but I was very impressed in how slick he was and there were very few fluffed lines or pickups needed. 

I believe they'll be doing three episodes per day from today onwards - I thought it was long enough day doing two so fair play to everyone involved for doing three! 

There was no mention of when this would be aired but I have heard rumours of September? Either way I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product, albeit not looking forward to seeing my ugly mug on television!

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Alessi - 05-07-2023

(05-07-2023, 03:41 PM)Johnr Wrote:  Yes, this is how I tried to describe the set yesterday in my write up if you can't be bothered reading the whole thing

"the Dream Factory is now a sort of mash up of the classic, Tron, The Chase and perhaps even Blockbusters"

The game board I couldn't quite work out if they're planning to perhaps add some sort of background to via the magic of post production or not

I'd like to read it, is the write up on here? I couldn't see it

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Jon - 05-07-2023

One of the things you didn’t mention is whether they played out the title music in the studio and if so whether there was any changes? Of course they could play one thing in the studio which could be changed for when it gets to air.

*Just realised this was mentioned by another poster. IIRC originally you only heard the theme at the beginning which the contestants would dance to at the recordings and maybe into the breaks too. Obviously the rest was added in post.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - LouBlu08 - 05-07-2023

(05-07-2023, 03:25 PM)WhisperOfCinnamon Wrote:  A first-look at the new DOND set:

https://twitter.com/superTV247/status/1676596875867168768 

If it doesn't get an official name I'm calling it "The Dream Spaceship".

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - rick - 12-07-2023

The theme tune as is from the Channel 4 show wouldn't sound right when used with such a flashy set.

Also, the logo looks very generic, like most ITV shows with a chunky font logo in the middle and a background that I bet is composed of sparkles that move or explode in time with the last note of the theme tune. Do they have a template they just drop some stuff into and 'bingo' an opening credit sequence?

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Gary Baldy - 12-07-2023

(12-07-2023, 01:25 AM)rick Wrote:  The theme tune as is from the Channel 4 show wouldn't sound right when used with such a flashy set.

Also, the logo looks very generic, like most ITV shows with a chunky font logo in the middle and a background that I bet is composed of sparkles that move or explode in time with the last note of the theme tune. Do they have a template they just drop some stuff into and 'bingo' an opening credit sequence?

I saw an episode of the show being filmed and it’s still the old theme tune, just VERY slightly remixed. I don’t think most would be able to tell the difference outside of us nerds on here. I think fans of the old DOND needn’t worry. Yes, it’s different to Noel’s version and has a different feel, but it stays very true to the core of the show so I don’t think people will be disappointed. I preferred the Noel version myself but Stephen is more than a capable pair of hands. The one thing I will say that I’m not a big fan of is that I think a lot of the contestants on the new version are more the types who just want to be on TV- there was a few of those on the original show too but it was more of a mixed bag.