Pres Café
The TV Gameshow Thread - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The TV Gameshow Thread (/showthread.php?tid=66)

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - AndyB2008 - 12-07-2023

(01-07-2023, 09:26 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  I think the slot average is about 200k so still up on that.  Just too big an ask perhaps to have people watch an hour every night - in this extended format feels more like a weekly thing.

Just realised, but the stumbling block to Popmaster TV possibly returning is 12 Yard/ITV having little creative control over it.

Popmaster Ltd own the format rather than 12 Yard, so Ken will have possible main influence over Popmaster TV in terms of the look etc, and 12 Yard probably have to run changes past Ken.

12 Yard/ITV will prefer to own formats they can control and sell internationally themselves (Eggheads, Who Dares Wins etc) rather than dealing with 3rd parties. 

(The Hit List's format is owned by Tuesday's Child themselves)

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Brekkie - 12-07-2023

(12-07-2023, 05:08 AM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  The one thing I will say that I’m not a big fan of is that I think a lot of the contestants on the new version are more the types who just want to be on TV- there was a few of those on the original show too but it was more of a mixed bag.
One thing Deal perhaps doesn't get credit for is how inclusive they were in terms of contestants in pretty much all senses, but noteably age in the sense of always having a real cross generational batch of contestants and also having a range of disabilities on the show in a way other shows prior arguably hadn't.   

I think if you looked at their contestants from the decade or so they were on air you'd have a much better reflection of the make up of Britain of the time than you would from any reality show or other game show.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Score - 12-07-2023

Two series recommission for Limitless Win. Not too surprised, with Takeaway going and Starstruck gone it makes sense to get this locked I :

https://twitter.com/tvukzone/status/1678886888026046465?s=46&t=Mj4IfsdKzvYnS1SAm7rN5Q 

I think it's warranted - wasn't sure on the first series but it really grew on me in the second and I think the couple of fairly minor tweaks they made did improve it. Millionaire being in limbo works in it's favour too.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - IanJRedman - 12-07-2023

Speaking of which, what's happening with Millionaire? According to the Wiki it hasn't been on since last October. We know there are loads of episodes waiting to air.

The official Twitter even retweeted this!

https://twitter.com/armanxh1/status/1676663692153221121 

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - JMT1985 - 12-07-2023

They are probably saving Millionaire for around August, the lean season for ITV1 - they want to ensure the heat from Clarkson's problems earlier in the year to have fully died down

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Gary Baldy - 12-07-2023

(12-07-2023, 04:11 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Speaking of which, what's happening with Millionaire? According to the Wiki it hasn't been on since last October. We know there are loads of episodes waiting to air.

The official Twitter even retweeted this!

https://twitter.com/armanxh1/status/1676663692153221121 

It was filming in February- hasn’t been any new eps since.

I also saw an episode filmed in February 2022, which still hasn’t aired.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Score - 12-07-2023

Yeah Millionaire filmed quite a chunky block of episodes in February (something around 12-15 I think) plus I believe still has about 5 episodes from the 2022 recordings left to go out. Not sure how many (if any) of those are celeb specials. There were reports of cancelled celeb specials earlier in the year but some of the 2022 leftovers might be celeb.

No idea when they’re airing but they’ve probably got enough episodes to make two ‘series’ on air. Makes sense to wait for the Clarkson furore to die down but it’s old news now and Amazon have already released more content with him since. It still rates fairly well so no real reason to stop making it. If they were so disgusted by his comments they’d have cancelled it there and then, not gone and recorded more.

With up to 20 episodes that's probably three runs of episodes, which would probably mean no need to think about recording new until 2025.

The trouble with the Feb 2022 episodes is how many questions reference the Queen or Royal Family. You notice in the repeats of Tipping Point and The Chase for example how they're referenced in questions almost daily.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - tellyblues - 13-07-2023

(12-07-2023, 08:47 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  One thing Deal perhaps doesn't get credit for is how inclusive they were in terms of contestants in pretty much all senses, but noteably age in the sense of always having a real cross generational batch of contestants and also having a range of disabilities on the show in a way other shows prior arguably hadn't.   

I think if you looked at their contestants from the decade or so they were on air you'd have a much better reflection of the make up of Britain of the time than you would from any reality show or other game show.

The inclusivity aspect was perhaps unintentional with the show being nothing to do with general knowledge and just opening boxes. There will be in-depth research out there about people being disadvantaged by many aspects of their life including disability which limits opportunities for learning, but DOND certainly would have encouraged people who wanted to be on tv but felt dissuaded by the requirements of other shows.

Millionaire, it's never given a great slot because viewers aren't that interested in it anymore. Limitless Win is more appealing even if its numbers hardly set the heather alight. Hopefully, ITV don't move it to SNT's slot and/or pair it up with Wheel of Fortune because it works where it is and the latter options are problematic.