Pres Café
The TV Gameshow Thread - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The TV Gameshow Thread (/showthread.php?tid=66)

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Torpido - 13-08-2023

Yes see you tomorrow and yesterday were mentioned many times in the recordings of deal or no deal

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Brekkie - 13-08-2023

Quite surprised even if intended to air first in a daily slot I'm surprised that with on demand and potential repeats in consideration they don't stick to a more generic "last time" or "next time". I could see these first 20 getting repeats at the weekends, and probably in the daily quiz slot on ITV2.

Other than the narrative repeats I think most of the C4 eps went unrepeated. I think they did air some for a couple of years during their Summer break and of course Challenge aired it for a bit, but without the success to get too far into it's run.

Surprising really it's had little success in that regard as I don't think it's particularly dated and it's the sort of show if you stumble upon it's easy to get into. Indeed the US version is pushed on FAST channels now but they're yet to try the same with the UK version.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - JAS84 - 13-08-2023

(13-08-2023, 08:39 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  Wikipedia has DOND starting Monday 11th September, running Mon-Fri until 6th October. Don't know where that info has come from but the show doesn't suit a weekly slot.

That's not confirmed and wasn't sourced, so I've just replaced the dates with TBA. Elsewhere in the article it has a vague October/November.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Neil Jones - 13-08-2023

(13-08-2023, 08:39 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  Wikipedia has DOND starting Monday 11th September, running Mon-Fri until 6th October. Don't know where that info has come from but the show doesn't suit a weekly slot.

Yeah, if Wikipedia is the only source of something then it probably isn't true and you should do some more Googling Wink

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Ash101 - 13-08-2023

To be fair, I think the wording in that Autumn Press Pack is the same from a press release about DOND that started the original weekly/weekday conversation. So I don't think it's confirmation either way

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - tellyblues - 15-08-2023

Repeats of Popmaster are to start airing Friday nights on Channel 4 from the 25th.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Spencer - 15-08-2023

(13-08-2023, 07:50 PM)XIII Wrote:  I'm not sure if a waitlist actually exists for something like The Chase, they get a lot of applications a year though.
My husband applied to go on The Chase in early 2021, and heard nothing at all until a phone call out of the blue in spring this year. He’s since had an online audition and has been told he’s qualified as a potential contestant.

They said it could still even be up to a year or two before he gets a chance to take part. He did have one phone call earlier in the year with a potential date, but that didn’t happen as it was all dependent on their being able to find the right mix of contestants for that episode. Apparently they’re next recording this autumn, so he may hear more then.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Neil Jones - 15-08-2023

(15-08-2023, 06:13 PM)Spencer Wrote:  My husband applied to go on The Chase in early 2021, and heard nothing at all until a phone call out of the blue in spring this year. He’s since had an online audition and has been told he’s qualified as a potential contestant.

They said it could still even be up to a year or two before he gets a chance to take part. He did have one phone call earlier in the year with a potential date, but that didn’t happen as it was all dependent on their being able to find the right mix of contestants for that episode. Apparently they’re next recording this autumn, so he may hear more then.

Very good.
Best of luck to your husband when he does get to have a bash at the game.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - LouBlu08 - 18-08-2023

Millionaire will be back early next year with the episodes filmed earlier this year. https://www.tvzoneuk.com/post/millionaire-2024ann1 

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - AndyB2008 - 18-08-2023

(15-08-2023, 03:57 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  Repeats of Popmaster are to start airing Friday nights on Channel 4 from the 25th.

Scheduled for 8pm where Millionaire Hoarders is, which puts it against Gardeners World (which commands the same demos I think?), Corrie and A Question of Sport. 

The first repeat faces Athletics next week, as well as GW and Corrie.

Just have been easier to strip the repeats one week after Countdown (given Popmaster is more a daytime quiz,), leading into A Place In The Sun, where at least it's out of the way of the big gameshows.

C4 have repeated it already, on Sundays once a week at 8pm on More4, where mostly it was competing with Antiques Roadshow and a Vera repeat.

Personally, I would've started it in daytime like Countdown and other quizzes like Chase, The Weakest Link (original), Pointless etc to give it time to build an audience and work out the teething problems before even thinking of primetime/celeb editions.

Here it felt Ian Katz was piggybacking off the publicity with Greatest Hits Radio and rushed it to primetime to take advantage.