Pres Café
The TV Gameshow Thread - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The TV Gameshow Thread (/showthread.php?tid=66)

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Neil Jones - 31-08-2023

(31-08-2023, 05:08 PM)Jon Wrote:  Not really sure what you mean.

I wouldn't worry, I haven't a clue what I was on about either Tongue

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Brekkie - 03-09-2023

Is this "new" episode of Beat the Chasers (S4, Ep 5) one that was pulled at the time the rest of the series went out?

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Score - 03-09-2023

(03-09-2023, 08:01 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Is this "new" episode of Beat the Chasers (S4, Ep 5) one that was pulled at the time the rest of the series went out?

It is indeed. Was supposed to air as part of the Autumn 2021 series (the series that aired weekly on Saturday nights) but they pulled it and replaced it with a repeat pretty last minute. No idea why.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Ash101 - 03-09-2023

I wonder if the people who win tonight will only be getting their money now, or if it was paid 2 years ago? A long time to wait otherwise…

Bit of a tacky end, where Brad says “we’re back next Saturday”… surely they had a way of editing that out and replacing with something more generic.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Andrew - 03-09-2023

(03-09-2023, 10:26 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  Bit of a tacky end, where Brad says “we’re back next Saturday”… surely they had a way of editing that out and replacing with something more generic.
It was the same last night on The Weakest Link where they showed a preview of “tomorrow’s” episode

In neither case was it edited out and in neither case did the announcer correct it, like they would have done in the old days. Probably as all continuity is pre planned promoting these days

(03-09-2023, 10:36 PM)Andrew Wrote:  It was the same last night on The Weakest Link where they showed a preview of “tomorrow’s” episode

In neither case was it edited out and in neither case did the announcer correct it, like they would have done in the old days. Probably as all continuity is pre planned promoting these days

ITV1 could’ve even tied into a promotion, with “they’re not back next Saturday, but The Chase is back tomorrow at 5pm.”

The Weakest Link one is interesting because does it even warrant a preview - even during its original stripped Xmas run? If they want it, shouldn’t they then be creating a version where that part just isn’t present to be the iPlayer/stored version for repeats (I don’t quite know how it works in terms of keeping these shows on a system to be repeated).

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - eyeTV - 03-09-2023

Yeh it's poor form, nobody really cares enough about this kind of stuff anymore in these days of automation.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - AaronLancs - 04-09-2023

With The Weakest Link maybe the version on iPlayer could be a version produced for later broadcast.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Brekkie - 04-09-2023

You would think they'd make an alternative edit for repeats. Talking of which All Star Family Fortunes is cut to shreds on Challenge with all break stings removed completely