Pres Café
The TV Gameshow Thread - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The TV Gameshow Thread (/showthread.php?tid=66)

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - gottago - 25-09-2023

(25-09-2023, 09:34 PM)Nobby Wrote:  I did think at first that perhaps someone had accidentally routed BBC Two via one of those apps that applies a mask filter but Amol Rajan was not wearing a mask on University Challenge straight afterwards and if it was a routing error, then the mistake should not be present on the BBC iPlayer version. I'm inclined to believe that she was actually wearing a mask during the recording and no CGI was involved at all.
Thank you for confirming that the national broadcast of BBC Two wasn't accidentally routed through a mask filter phone app.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Neil Jones - 25-09-2023

(25-09-2023, 09:34 PM)Nobby Wrote:  I already mentioned University Challenge, so I'll mention Mastermind too. There was a gentlemen on the show last week, George Twigg, who claims to have been on Mastermind, Only Connect and University Challenge. He also claimed this is called the Quizzy Monday Hat-trick. Is that a real thing? Did he really achieve it? How common is that? Is he unique?=

I think its more of an unofficial strand than anything else, though I wouldn't be surprised if it had its roots in Mastermind and University Challenge, before they stuck Only Connect there (OC aired on Fridays for a time for some reason I can't remember why, and then was shifted back to the Monday again. They have moved it on occasion or dropped it for some other stuff on Monday though).

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - rick - 26-09-2023

So is spacing between guests/contestants going to stay a lot more than it used to pre-covid? It seems weird to see new episodes of things being filmed where everyone is sitting so far apart like restrictions are still in place yet were filmed just a few months ago. The spacing (without screens between people) looks odd being so wide. I hope they finally move people back to standing closer as time goes on.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Brekkie - 27-09-2023

The latest batch of Tenable filmed in late 2022 has kept the separate seating too rather than bringing back the sofa.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Neil Jones - 27-09-2023

(26-09-2023, 11:47 PM)rick Wrote:  So is spacing between guests/contestants going to stay a lot more than it used to pre-covid? It seems weird to see new episodes of things being filmed where everyone is sitting so far apart like restrictions are still in place yet were filmed just a few months ago. The spacing (without screens between people) looks odd being so wide. I hope they finally move people back to standing closer as time goes on.

Might be a bit hybrid for a bit as the backlog of episodes are cleared, as these things aren't always aired in production order. The Chase does have a series 16 according to One Question Shootout, but only three of those episodes have aired to date - the bulk of the "New" episodes are from Series 15 (not that it really makes any difference to that show).

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - XIII - 27-09-2023

(27-09-2023, 06:38 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  The latest batch of Tenable filmed in late 2022 has kept the separate seating too rather than bringing back the sofa.

TBH the seating works much better than the sofa, everyone always looked a bit cramped in previous series.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Ash101 - 27-09-2023

Interesting with Tenable they started new episodes 2 week ago and showed the last 5 episodes of Series 6 and then rolled straight into Series 7.

Considering they only had 5 left to show out of 30 (for S6), was there a reason they left them on the shelf for an extra year?
Was S6 originally delayed because of The Queen and then they had something else to fit into 3pm before the end of 2022?

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - eyeTV - 27-09-2023

It was bumped for about a week during The Queen coverage last year. And then Riddiculous started at the end of October.

But rolling over series it seems is not unusual. When it started last year it was Series 5 into Series 6. So it seems this is a pattern.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Ash101 - 27-09-2023

Wouldn’t usually be an issue but it seemed a bit strange having episodes marked as new asking questions “as of the 2020/21 football season” etc.

I guess that’s just unlucky because no other ITV Daytime quiz needs to clarify such things.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - JAS84 - 27-09-2023

You often hear the same thing on Pointless on the BBC though.