Pres Café
The TV Gameshow Thread - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The TV Gameshow Thread (/showthread.php?tid=66)

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - tellyblues - 18-10-2023

It was the Metro that mentioned October 23rd.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/08/10/stephen-fry-jeopardy-itv-game-show-reboot-19313955/ 

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Brekkie - 18-10-2023

I think Lingo still has the other half of it's series to go out so suspect anything new might hold out until the New Year. Could see Jeopardy launching New Year's Day and then they've another run of Riddiculous, with any further new eps of Lingo and Tenable held back till later in the year.

Could Deal or No Deal launch Christmas week - take the 5pm slot in the week The Chase will probably move to 6.30pm anyway, and then keep it into the New Year so The Chase ends up off air a week less than it would otherwise?

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Ash101 - 21-10-2023

The announcer before both The Wheel & Blankety Blank said it was a changed to the billed episode? But I cannot work it out, as it appears to be the guests listed for episode 5 of both & this is the 5th week they’ve been on…

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - eyeTV - 21-10-2023

(21-10-2023, 09:29 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  The announcer before both The Wheel & Blankety Blank said it was a changed to the billed episode? But I cannot work it out, as it appears to be the guests listed for episode 5 of both & this is the 5th week they’ve been on…

My TV guide has different celebs listed for both.

(21-10-2023, 09:36 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  My TV guide has different celebs listed for both.

Does it say episode 5?

As the BBC schedules still list each show as episode 5, even with these revised celebrities. So have they changed the ep orders? Or someone at the BBC updating the synopsis but not the episode number.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - JMT1985 - 21-10-2023

Do we know if Deal or No Deal will be daytime or prime time? I have read articles where it has been "confirmed" to be prime time, but then others say daytime. Where is the official confirmation from ITV of where it will be placed?

(21-10-2023, 09:49 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  Does it say episode 5?

As the BBC schedules still list each show as episode 5, even with these revised celebrities. So have they changed the ep orders? Or someone at the BBC updating the synopsis but not the episode number.

It seems they are resting The Wheel from next week, as Survivor is taking it's time slot on Saturday night. Short run for Michael it seems, will they hold back more episodes until the new year?

(21-10-2023, 10:15 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  It seems they are resting The Wheel from next week, as Survivor is taking it's time slot on Saturday night. Short run for Michael it seems, will they hold back more episodes until the new year?
Yeah I wondered this? Either following on from when Big Show finishes, or I wonder if it’ll replace Blankety Blank when that’s done?

Strictly would be shorter so could accommodate both Survivor and The Wheel.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Brekkie - 21-10-2023

It'll likely have three weeks of the Doctor Who specials alongside Strictly and Survivor for three weeks - although that would push Survivor opposite I'm a Celeb which seems unwise.

Not sure if the 10 episodes this series for Blankety Blank and The Wheel include the Christmas Special or not but holding back 5 episodes of The Wheel to air in the New Year probably makes sense - that combined with The Big Show could then partner with Gladiators for 11 weeks.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - bilky asko - 21-10-2023

(21-10-2023, 09:49 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  Does it say episode 5?

This is all wild speculation, but The Wheel featured Gabby Logan. This was perhaps changed because of a football question. The new episode featured Fred Sirieix, but he was also billed in the TV listings for Blankety Blank, so perhaps that was changed to prevent a double-up.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Nobby - 22-10-2023

(21-10-2023, 11:43 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  This is all wild speculation, but The Wheel featured Gabby Logan. This was perhaps changed because of a football question.

Why would a football question be a reason to change episode? Please tell me.

It seems that Logan was billed as a Rugby expert rather than football anyway. Here is the synopsis for the phantom episode 5...

Quote:Three contestants hope to answer their way to a fortune, guided by seven celebrity experts - but can they help them to win life-changing cash? That all depends on the spin of The Wheel. Celebrities on The Wheel are Chris McCausland on Back to the Future, Gabby Logan on the Six Nations, GK Barry on celebrities, Iain Stirling on Scotland, Liza Tarbuck on art, Rachel Riley on maths and Trevor Nelson on disco.

Which is from this page...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001rsvn