Pres Café
The TV Gameshow Thread - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The TV Gameshow Thread (/showthread.php?tid=66)

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - eyeTV - 11-11-2023

Still no sign of that Who Wants to be a Millionaire series recorded in February then.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - DeMarkay - 11-11-2023

(11-11-2023, 06:01 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Still no sign of that Who Wants to be a Millionaire series recorded in February then.

Millionaire will return in 2024 as per Stellify Media.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - LouBlu08 - 11-11-2023

On another note, what on Earth happened with Jeopardy!? They said it would air in October or something but that’s come and gone with no sign of it. I’m either missing something or they’re holding it off until next year.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - eyeTV - 11-11-2023

They will probably start Jeopardy! On New Year's Day.

They've started new quizzes there before and it gives it a bigger audience for episode 1.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Andrew - 11-11-2023

(11-11-2023, 06:20 PM)LouBlu08 Wrote:  On another note, what on Earth happened with Jeopardy!? They said it would air in October or something but that’s come and gone with no sign of it. I’m either missing something or they’re holding it off until next year.
There was a news story that due to the current economic situation some Q4 programming has been pushed back to next year, so this is probably one of them

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Juicy Joe - 12-11-2023

I wonder if some of these series that have been pushed back to 2024 will mean there will be 2 runs of these shows this coming year, an early 2024 run of wwtbam and the usual September series?

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Brekkie - 12-11-2023

I doubt it - if anything at the moment ITV (and others) are trying to stretch out 12 months of programmes over 18 months or so.

Guessing Millionaire will either land in the post Ant and Dec slot replacing Starstruck or on Sundays at 8pm for a few weeks. I doubt any more will be filmed until what is in the can goes out - regardless of peoples views on Jeremy Clarkson ITV can probably afford to drop it again at the moment and perhaps wheel it out again in a few years to mark the 30th anniversary.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - tellyblues - 12-11-2023

Maybe they won't air on Saturday nights but I can't see Wheel of Fortune or Password lasting long and with SNT taking a break, ITV may have to bring back Millionaire sooner than they'd perhaps like. I'd also question In With A Shout leading in to BGT given how poorly it did last time.

What's the deal with the Byker reboot - will that be ITV? If so, it could be a good pairing with BGT rather than another quiz show.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Brekkie - 12-11-2023

I'd have though Wheel of Fortune will get paired with BGT.

As for the Byker reboot - it's probably as likely as the Grange Hill reboot and The Bill reboot to come to fruitition. There was no broadcaster attached and if ITV were interested it would have been announced at the time. It might sit well on ITVX but it's not going to be going out in primetime on Saturday nights on ITV1.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Neil Jones - 13-11-2023

(12-11-2023, 05:54 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  As for the Byker reboot - it's probably as likely as the Grange Hill reboot and The Bill reboot to come to fruitition. There was no broadcaster attached and if ITV were interested it would have been announced at the time. It might sit well on ITVX but it's not going to be going out in primetime on Saturday nights on ITV1.

We speculated at the time its almost certainly going to be a streaming platform, but I'll be surprised if it appears in any form before this time next year, its not like they'll slap something cheap and cheerful together in two months and stick it on air somewhere Jan 1 2024 - that might be how YouTube works but not outside of that...

Apparently there is a lot of interest party wise in this:
https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/ant-and-dec-byker-grove-cameo-exclusive-newsupdate/