Pres Café
The TV Gameshow Thread - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The TV Gameshow Thread (/showthread.php?tid=66)

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Brekkie - 13-11-2023

And I imagine it's not something they're looking to get into production until after they've finished up Saturday Night Takeaway.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - tellyblues - 13-11-2023

To be clear, my suggestion of the pairing was for 2025 and beyond (when some of the aforementioned shows may not be around) rather than next year.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Brekkie - 13-11-2023

(13-11-2023, 05:25 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  To be clear, my suggestion of the pairing was for 2025 and beyond (when some of the aforementioned shows may not be around) rather than next year.

Byker Grove is still not going out at 7pm on a Saturday night on ITV1.   At best it might be something ITV2 might look at.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - tellyblues - 13-11-2023

Again, it was just a suggestion. Nobody knows what Byker will even be other than a drama for and featuring younger people and/or if Ant and Dec will have any roles apart from producing, which would make the show more appealing for older viewers if they were to feature.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - JAS84 - 14-11-2023

They're ITV golden handcuffs aren't they? Can't appear on screen unless it's on ITV, but they can be involved behind the camera.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - JLav25 - 14-11-2023

(14-11-2023, 01:37 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  They're ITV golden handcuffs aren't they? Can't appear on screen unless it's on ITV, but they can be involved behind the camera.

I think the handcuffs have been "loosened" in recent years. I remember them being interviewed on the One Show a year or two back, which struck me as odd, and the first time I'd seen them as guests on a BBC show for a long time.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Jon - 14-11-2023

Whilst they may not have appeared on many BBC programmes, I don’t think golden handcuff deal would have prevented them from appearing on any BBC programme for an interview. Particularly when the primary purpose would have been to promote programming they were presenting on ITV.

I remember them being in Graham Norton’s programme during the covid era, and I’m sure they’d been on things like Jonathan Ross’s BBC chat show in the past.

I think it’s probably more the case they don’t feel like that have to do that kind of show very often or don’t want to. Although they have, I don’t think they regularly appear on things like This Morning or Good Morning Britain either.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Neil Jones - 14-11-2023

Yeah I think its not a case of "strictly on and only on ITV end of discussion", but its probably pretty obvious they couldn't go and present The Wheel on BBC One for example while under that arrangement, but to appear on the Graham Norton show for example as guests should be okay, although its sort of ironic really they both started on the BBC...

But of course if you win "Best Presenter" award for over 20 years you probably can drive your own TV vehicles.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Nobby - 15-11-2023

Turns out that despite Dad's Army and Porridge both being remade in 2019 and 2016, that wasn't the two answers that The Finish Line was looking for.

I think Sarah Greene needs to be a little more careful when writing the questions if The Finish Line comes back for a second series. She should also change the rules so that the contestants just need to say A, B or C to identify which two answers are correct rather than have to say both answers.

The question is from this episode, by the way. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001q948  Watch it while you still can as the BBC are likely to remove it from iPlayer and never broadcast it again once Tim Davie sees this post.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - James2001 - 15-11-2023

I doubt anyone would think of Dad's Army or Porridge as 21st century sitcoms. The Porridge remake flopped and vanished without a trace (god knows why the BBC chose that one out of the 4 pilots rather than Goodnight Sweetheart), and Dad's Army was just a remake of the three lost episodes for Gold, not a full on reboot/remake, wouldn't be suprised if most people didn't even realise it had been made.