Pres Café
The TV Gameshow Thread - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The TV Gameshow Thread (/showthread.php?tid=66)

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Steve in Pudsey - 28-01-2024

I'm not sure that what I posted is much of a spoiler, just that they use a particular game mechanic. I didn't say (or know until I saw the other thread) what the outcome of said game was.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - IanJRedman - 28-01-2024

Millionaire back on ITV1 tonight. First new episodes since October 2022. Is it me or does it feel rather low key? Not so long ago, there seemed to be a buzz around Millionaire, with the Quiz drama and the (admittedly ill-fated) Fastest Finger spin-off. Now these new episodes (recorded nearly a year ago) almost seem to be limping out with little fanfare. Even the show's own social media team don't appear to be putting much effort in. I can't help worrying this might be the last series?

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - iloveTV1 - 28-01-2024

(28-01-2024, 05:24 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Millionaire back on ITV1 tonight. First new episodes since October 2022. Is it me or does it feel rather low key? Not so long ago, there seemed to be a buzz around Millionaire, with the Quiz drama and the (admittedly ill-fated) Fastest Finger spin-off. Now these new episodes (recorded nearly a year ago) almost seem to be limping out with little fanfare. Even the show's own social media team don't appear to be putting much effort in. I can't help worrying this might be the last series?

I think there may be a reason that those episodes haven't been shown for so long…

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Nobby - 28-01-2024

(28-01-2024, 05:59 PM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  I think there may be a reason that those episodes haven't been shown for so long…

Would you like to share with the group?

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - IanJRedman - 28-01-2024

(28-01-2024, 05:59 PM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  I think there may be a reason that those episodes haven't been shown for so long…

Well, yes, Clarkson's 'comments' certainly threw a spanner in the works. The official story is that these episodes were bumped to make way for rugby last year, but I can't help wondering if some of that was spin...

Amazon unexpectedly commissioned a further season of Clarkson's Farm after it had appeared to be distancing itself from him, though.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Juicy Joe - 28-01-2024

(28-01-2024, 05:24 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Millionaire back on ITV1 tonight. First new episodes since October 2022. Is it me or does it feel rather low key?...Even the show's own social media team don't appear to be putting much effort in. I can't help worrying this might be the last series?

Course not!! There's about 11 episodes in the can judging by the recording dates last year (depending on celeb editions). So, most definitely it'll be back later in the year as tonight's is only a 4 episode run. Then, further recordings will be released and it'll all be good.

Quote:Not so long ago, there seemed to be a buzz around Millionaire

There still is! I'm hyped for tonight!

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - iloveTV1 - 28-01-2024

(28-01-2024, 06:11 PM)Nobby Wrote:  Would you like to share with the group?

Perhaps the comments clarkson made at the end of 2022 resulted in the show being put on the back burner for a bit?

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Brekkie - 28-01-2024

It all feels a bit flat. Clarkson has done a good job with it but when it comes to the big money quizzes on ITV now Beat the Chasers and Limitless Win are much more entertaining.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - Juicy Joe - 28-01-2024

(28-01-2024, 09:14 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  It all feels a bit flat. Clarkson has done a good job with it but when it comes to the big money quizzes on ITV now Beat the Chasers and Limitless Win are much more entertaining.

I think it was because the 1st contestant was a bit quiet. The second one, there is much more banter back and fro. WWTBAM is meant to be dark, tense and dramatic, which is what it continues to do. Not a laugh a minute like the other shows you mention.

RE: The TV Gameshow Thread - XIII - 28-01-2024

The biggest flaw with the Clarkson Millionaire is the selection of contestants who tend to be white collar professionals, one of the contestants today was a Space Engineer. I know it's not easy casting these shows but I think personally, having contestants who even £32,000 would be substantial.