Pres Café
The Traitors - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The Traitors (/showthread.php?tid=662)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: The Traitors - Steve in Pudsey - 26-01-2024

(26-01-2024, 01:46 PM)Keith Wrote:  For instance, if they got to just one traitor remaining too early they might opt to get them to 'recruit and then murder'. That way bring it back up to two traitors, without others realising a recruitment had occurred due someone else being 'murdered'.

There was a "be recruited or be murdered" scenario last year, presumably for similar reasons.

Something I hadn't realised is that the US Season 1 was shot before the UK version. (Source CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR US SEASON 2 https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/the-traitors-producers-season-2-castle-funeral-1235877196/ )

I found Claudia's style a lot more engaging that that of Alan Cummings, I wonder whether anything of the UK version will have rubbed off on US Season 2, particularly as they shot the UK one first this time?

RE: The Traitors - mouseboy33 - 26-01-2024

I loved this part. To know Alan is just just collecting a paycheck. But he loves the game as well. Sorta reminds me of Big Brother Canada host/producer Arisa Cox

Quote: Let’s talk about Alan Cumming. I know he’s also a producer and host. Is he watching monitors and writing copy? How much is he involved in the day-to-day on the producing side?

Rees-Jones: I’m overseeing Alan, and worked closely with him. He’s completely in it. He has monitors in his room. He gets giddy watching what’s happening. He’s constantly messaging me going, “Oh, my God, can you believe they’re talking about this?” or “This is happening!” What I love about him is that he’s an actor and an amazing writer. So he works with me and the scriptwriters to make it all sound within his voice. He takes it on as a performance, so when he walks into the roundtable, it’s a performance for him. He won’t go to bed until he knows who’s been murdered. He’s completely in it, and he gets giddy going into any space and talking to the cast.

But this was a big surprise that Alan actually picks the Traitors himself. Its not directly chosen by the Executive production team.
Quote:We actually don’t know who the Traitors are until that pick, where Alan walks around and taps them on the shoulder. We watch how they interact when they arrive at the castle. Alan does these chats with them, sitting down and asking them if they’d like to be a Traitor and why

Wasnt sure why they did all celebs for Season 2. THis is why.
Quote:For Season 2, we wanted to flip it and see how this would play out. The original Dutch format was always all celebrities, and it felt natural to go back to that. I think part of the reason also is that the game is a game of two sides — the Traitors vs. the Faithfuls. We also didn’t want it to be two sides in terms of celebrity and non-celebrity. So it just felt cleaner.

RE: The Traitors - Andrew Wood - 26-01-2024

If there was one element of gameplay that could be added, I believe it would be to give the traitors some sort of financial incentive to sabotage the tasks. I appreciate that in its current format the players don't need any genuine reasons to vote for anyone, it's all speculation and nonsense most of the time. But adding the element of sabotage I feel would be intriguing.

RE: The Traitors - mouseboy33 - 26-01-2024

(26-01-2024, 08:28 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  If there was one element of gameplay that could be added, I believe it would be to give the traitors some sort of financial incentive to sabotage the tasks. I appreciate that in its current format the players don't need any genuine reasons to vote for anyone, it's all speculation and nonsense most of the time. But adding the element of sabotage I feel would be intriguing.

The Mole is similar to that. Its a great game. I love the Mole.

RE: The Traitors - Jon - 26-01-2024

(26-01-2024, 08:26 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  But this was a big surprise that Alan actually picks the Traitors himself. It’s not directly chosen by the Executive production team.
It doesn’t say that. I take the quote to mean they don’t decide until just before that format point.

RE: The Traitors - Brekkie - 26-01-2024

(26-01-2024, 06:10 PM)Jon Wrote:  A couple of things they could do avoid the situation that happened with Ross, of them just brining someone in they know is going go anyway, is to ban the Traitors from voting for new Traitors. They could also knock 10 grand from Traitors potential winnings every time a Traitor is knocked out. So it makes it a more difficult choice for the Traitors to gang up on Traitors.

But then it would also disincentivize the Faithful from finding them too and undermines the whole concept of the game and it's central aspect - the round table.

I think keeping it fairly simple is why The Traitors has succeeded - yes, I think we all have a question mark over the missions but I think having the Traitors have to prove they are one of the Faithful rather than take the opportunity to betray them daily in plain sight is probably why it works.

I think moving forward it will be a case of throwing more curveballs in from time to time rather than changing things completely. Now the basic format is familar to viewers and players they'll be more confident in doing that.

(26-01-2024, 09:49 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  But then it would also disincentivize the Faithful from finding them too and undermines the whole concept of the game and it's central aspect - the round table.
It wouldn’t effect the winnings in the event of a Faithful win.

RE: The Traitors - Alf Stewart - 26-01-2024

Is it me or does Harry keep referring to people as fateful's rather than faithful's?

It’s been nice to see EastEnders Nick Cotton back on our screens this series.

RE: The Traitors - bilky asko - 26-01-2024

(26-01-2024, 09:19 PM)Jon Wrote:  It doesn’t say that. I take the quote to mean they don’t decide until just before that format point.

Claudia Winkleman just confirmed on the BBC Two aftershow that she makes the decision alongside the producers, though the Claudia-contestant discussions do play a part.