Pres Café
The Traitors - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The Traitors (/showthread.php?tid=662)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: The Traitors - Keith - 26-01-2024

Blimey that was a good finale. Also good to catch the "visualised podcast" afterwards.

It was interesting to note that this series the final votes involving the fire were filmed indoors due to a storm. Presumably one of the scenarios the production team either had prepared for or adapted on the go.

RE: The Traitors - XIII - 27-01-2024

The finale was great, I don't normally apply for reality shows but I've already applied for series 3

RE: The Traitors - Johnr - 27-01-2024

I had goosebumps

I actually thought doing it at the round table with the makeshift bonfire was even more thrilling than doing it outside the castle

RE: The Traitors - Critique - 27-01-2024

Brilliant series - the expectations were so high but they more than lived up to them. I’ve certainly screamed at my TV a lot more these past few weeks than I ever have before!

Tonight’s episode of the visualised podcast was the first I’ve seen, but presumably they weren’t all filmed in the radio theatre?

As a general point, I’m still not really sure what is gained from doing the spin-off as a visualised podcast - they could have still done a TV spin-off and the podcast in the same way as they did this series, but I don’t think the TV show gets anything out of being branded as part of the podcast. The audience surely doesn’t care about this sort of thing and, apart from the mics being front and centre (surely a lapel mic wouldn’t have sounded *that* bad for audio listeners!) and there being a couple more rough edits than you would expect (the odd mic left up, one of the lights on Ed turned off part-way through and there were a few odd camera cuts), the production quality was still very similar to just a normal studio-based TV show. At least they weren’t all wearing headphones on-screen for no reason (looking at you Newscast!).

RE: The Traitors - Brekkie - 27-01-2024

(26-01-2024, 10:46 PM)Alf Stewart Wrote:  Is it me or does Harry keep referring to people as fateful's rather than faithful's?
Although arguably turned out to be an accurate mistake on his part.

Yes, Uncloaked is usually just in an empty studio rather than with an audience. Glad they did the reunion episode this year as that was really missing last year, although Claudia did have the finalists on her radio show, as she will tomorrow as well. Could have done with the full hour though, although an extra half hour is up on BBC Sounds.

The main benefit of the spin-off has been seeing the Faithful discover the identity of the Traitors. The show itself has been hit and miss dependent on who was eliminated and the guests - the episodes which bought in alumni from the first series were generally better than the ones that didn't.

RE: The Traitors - Steve in Pudsey - 27-01-2024

Yes I was surprised at how few of the Series 1 alumni turned up.

RE: The Traitors - Ash101 - 27-01-2024

(26-01-2024, 11:48 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  Claudia Winkleman just confirmed on the BBC Two aftershow that she makes the decision alongside the producers, though the Claudia-contestant discussions do play a part.

Considering the series starts with 22 contestants, those Claudia chats must take ages!

(27-01-2024, 12:12 AM)Critique Wrote:  As a general point, I’m still not really sure what is gained from doing the spin-off as a visualised podcast - they could have still done a TV spin-off and the podcast in the same way as they did this series, but I don’t think the TV show gets anything out of being branded as part of the podcast. The audience surely doesn’t care about this sort of thing and, apart from the mics being front and centre (surely a lapel mic wouldn’t have sounded *that* bad for audio listeners!) and there being a couple more rough edits than you would expect (the odd mic left up, one of the lights on Ed turned off part-way through and there were a few odd camera cuts), the production quality was still very similar to just a normal studio-based TV show. At least they weren’t all wearing headphones on-screen for no reason (looking at you Newscast!).

I'm not sure there were any mic's left up... they've been able to speak over the clips of the show all series on Uncloaked, for reasons I can't quite understand.

I do agree that it is an odd set up.... if they wanted the extra BBC Sounds stuff, surely doing an additional 15 minutes could've still happened.

RE: The Traitors - Johnr - 27-01-2024

Another slight issue with Uncloaked at the moment is if you're looking for it on iPlayer it basically says 'Series 1 episode x' as they didn't have it for Series 1 of The Traitors so they probably need to just cheat and call it 'Series 2'!

RE: The Traitors - Ash101 - 27-01-2024

(27-01-2024, 01:27 AM)Johnr Wrote:  Another slight issue with Uncloaked at the moment is if you're looking for it on iPlayer it basically says 'Series 1 episode x' as they didn't have it for Series 1 of The Traitors so they probably need to just cheat and call it 'Series 2'!

Also it wasn't on for episodes 1 or 2, so the numbers there are a drift.. not ideal if you want to watch while catching up! (Although I imagine that number would be very small..)

RE: The Traitors - Flux - 27-01-2024

(27-01-2024, 12:12 AM)Critique Wrote:  Brilliant series - the expectations were so high but they more than lived up to them. I’ve certainly screamed at my TV a lot more these past few weeks than I ever have before!

Tonight’s episode of the visualised podcast was the first I’ve seen, but presumably they weren’t all filmed in the radio theatre?

As a general point, I’m still not really sure what is gained from doing the spin-off as a visualised podcast - they could have still done a TV spin-off and the podcast in the same way as they did this series, but I don’t think the TV show gets anything out of being branded as part of the podcast. The audience surely doesn’t care about this sort of thing and, apart from the mics being front and centre (surely a lapel mic wouldn’t have sounded *that* bad for audio listeners!) and there being a couple more rough edits than you would expect (the odd mic left up, one of the lights on Ed turned off part-way through and there were a few odd camera cuts), the production quality was still very similar to just a normal studio-based TV show. At least they weren’t all wearing headphones on-screen for no reason (looking at you Newscast!).

Budget. Planning a podcast first and then shooting and reversioning it is visually is cheaper than making a programme first. I know it sounds like they’re interchangable, but you’d be surprised at how much it changes the approach and budgeting at the pitch and commissioning stages when a few cameras and basic lighting rig (plus an edit, of course) is added on top, rather than budgeting for a full studio show from the off.