Pres Café
The Traitors - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The Traitors (/showthread.php?tid=662)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: The Traitors - MajesticBass - 28-01-2024

I think they would be wise not to try anything in that situation, as not giving away any money at the end (as happened when Australia used a split/steal format) would be even more underwhelming

RE: The Traitors - Richard H - 28-01-2024

(28-01-2024, 11:17 AM)MajesticBass Wrote:  I think they would be wise not to try anything in that situation, as not giving away any money at the end (as happened when Australia used a split/steal format) would be even more underwhelming

Can this be put in a spoiler tag for those who have not yet had time to see series 2 which only dropped on iplayer on Friday night

RE: The Traitors - Brekkie - 28-01-2024

Although not you've not only repeated it but put it in bold too.

RE: The Traitors - newsjunkie - 28-01-2024

For anyone who doesn't listen, there was interesting edition of The Rest is Entertainment (which as a podcast, is much better than you'd expect) where they talked about all the flaws in the format that don't seem to have much impact on the enjoyment of the show. Basically coming to the conclusion that they have to make sure the casting makes up for it.

RE: The Traitors - MajesticBass - 28-01-2024

(28-01-2024, 12:38 PM)Richard H Wrote:  Can this be put in a spoiler tag for those who have not yet had time to see series 2 which only dropped on iplayer on Friday night

Sorry - this was from a conversation at work, so I thought it had been out for ages!

RE: The Traitors - Steve in Pudsey - 28-01-2024

I've seen suggestions online that for the next series the identity of the Traitors should be kept secret from the audience so we can play along. Not sure if it would work?

RE: The Traitors - Keith - 28-01-2024

(28-01-2024, 06:36 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I've seen suggestions online that for the next series the identity of the Traitors should be kept secret from the audience so we can play along. Not sure if it would work?
I don't think that would work. It would mean we wouldn't get any Traitor tower scenes, nor how any of those recruited react whilst deciding. Additionally, sometimes Traitors are seen talking to each other during the day, which then probably couldn't be used, even if they were overheard by others. Then there's the murder in plain sight task.

No, it wouldn't work for the entire series but I think they could get away with doing it for the first 2-3 episodes so we don't see who Claudia picks or who she is talking too, and don't see their identities until the second murder. That could give the series a bit of week one hype.

Similarly if there is a recruit towards the end perhaps that could be kept secret too, but think it might be harder to not show the Traitors discussions at that stage than at the beginning, where it could soon be addressed in a flashback.

RE: The Traitors - Critique - 28-01-2024

They did that for part of this series, didn’t they? Although we saw the traitors pick their first recruit at the end of one episode, their identity wasn’t revealed until the end of the following episode. It worked well and was nice to have to try and figure that out too, but agree that it wouldn’t work for the entire series.

Yes - and think they'll have the confidence to play with it a bit more now.