Pres Café
King Charles Breaking News Coverage - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: King Charles Breaking News Coverage (/showthread.php?tid=677)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - JACKLUFC1998 - 05-02-2024

(05-02-2024, 07:05 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I had a feeling something was going on when there was no regional news preview after The Chase finished

Same here. Also I don't know if related but on BBC Radio Leeds (can't speak for other BBC local stations) just before 6pm, there was a countdown with the full news theme before the breaking news was announced.

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - Chud - 05-02-2024

They don’t seem to like mentioning the news channel at all on BBC One. Jane saying more at 10 o’ clock.

RE: King Charles - Ash101 - 05-02-2024

(05-02-2024, 07:49 PM)Worzel Wrote:  The news release/statement hit newsrooms around 17:45-ish as I understand it, but it was strictly embargoed until 18:00.

For Sky News radio station subscribers, the IRN flash on Net Newsroom landed at 17:57.

Interestingly there appears to be an update including a 1 minute audio piece at 17:55, so I am guessing they pushed that through before the flash at 17:57.

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - Superman1986 - 05-02-2024

Mary just said that the ITV Regional Late News is planned for 10:30 tonight

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - lookoutwales - 05-02-2024

(05-02-2024, 07:56 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Thing is that the BBC have a news channel, so can continue the coverage there. ITV don't and they know that people will turn to Sky or the BBC to find out what's going on when they get home if they're not covering it.

Incidently it's the same on radio, Radio 4 finished their 6 o clock news and went to Just a Minute. 5 Live continued the coverage

And to bring up to speed, 5 Live Sport went ahead at 7pm with the Monday Night Club (which feels more easily droppable being a football debate show rather than match coverage - Talk Sport's got commentary rights for Mondays)

The 7pm summary fitted in two other stories at the end.

Alas, I suspect ITV would rather drop the regional news full stop, no matter how much notice you get.

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - XIII - 05-02-2024

ITV News went overboard with the one story whereas BBC News got the balance right focusing on the story, the headlines in brief and moving to the regional news.

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - freeview87 - 05-02-2024

This is where Ofcom should be questioning ITV why it lacks commitment to local news. All those teams on standy for 1hr 30 just for Mary to repeat the same statement over and over. For once, BBC One got it right.

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - Steve in Pudsey - 05-02-2024

(05-02-2024, 08:07 PM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  Same here. Also I don't know if related but on BBC Radio Leeds (can't speak for other BBC local stations) just before 6pm, there was a countdown with the full news theme before the breaking news was announced.
Also went out on Sheffield and York, a quick random listen to other stations and everyone else seems to have played the standard news in. I heard a couple of hours of Toby Foster's show today and there were a few issues with playing out the wrong audio when things were meant to be split so I imagine it was a mistake and the news jingles didn't play and the next item in the playlist was the network news feed.

Is the 6pm usually national?

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - RhysJR - 05-02-2024

With The One Show airing on BBC Two Wales, Mastermind is airing five minutes late in Wales. Not sue how or when they will catch up to network. Last week, there was no trailers between Mastermind and Only Connect to catch up on The One Show finishing late, but this is a bigger deficit. There was trailers between The One Show and Mastermind.

There was a short Nigel Slater recipe at 7pm waiting for the One Show to begin.

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - Humphrey Hacker - 05-02-2024

I have to give credit to Mary Nightingale. She held her composure at the start of the bulletin and throughout. She's the best anchor in the country and one classy lady.