Pres Café
King Charles Breaking News Coverage - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: King Charles Breaking News Coverage (/showthread.php?tid=677)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - Ash101 - 05-02-2024

(05-02-2024, 08:38 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  With The One Show airing on BBC Two Wales, Mastermind is airing five minutes late in Wales. Not sue how or when they will catch up to network. Last week, there was no trailers between Mastermind and Only Connect to catch up on The One Show finishing late, but this is a bigger deficit. There was trailers between The One Show and Mastermind.

There was a short Nigel Slater recipe at 7pm waiting for the One Show to begin.

Why is The One Show over on BBC Two in Wales?

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - Stooky Bill - 05-02-2024

(05-02-2024, 08:07 PM)XIII Wrote:  I don't think it should be at the expense of regional news and especially considering ITV Evening News is an hour long normally so they could have had the breaking news, done the rest of the stories at 6.30pm then done the regional news at 7pm. I would guess that ITV London sharing a studio would be an issue though since they normally prerecord the last bit.
Yes I agree. As someone who has worked in regional news it's not great when the programme you've planned for and worked on all day gets dropped or reduced

I imagine it's a lot to do with the logistics and scheduling of ITVs regional news. They had to broadcast the news at 6 and that's when the regional news was scheduled - that's unfortunate timing. The fact that some of them are recorded and one uses the same studio complicates things a lot

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - RhysJR - 05-02-2024

(05-02-2024, 08:42 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  Why is The One Show over on BBC Two in Wales?

BBC One Wales showed 'SOS: Extreme Rescues' instead. They often show some Wales-only content instead of The One Show on Mondays and I'm not fully sure why. They are opting out of the network schedule between 8 and 9 as well (8:30 being a repeat and 8pm a new programme).

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - bilky asko - 05-02-2024

(05-02-2024, 07:56 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Thing is that the BBC have a news channel, so can continue the coverage there. ITV don't and they know that people will turn to Sky or the BBC to find out what's going on when they get home if they're not covering it.

Incidently it's the same on radio, Radio 4 finished their 6 o clock news and went to Just a Minute. 5 Live continued the coverage

I think this is precisely the reason for ITV doing what it did. If ITV did something similar to what Brekkie suggested - a 1 minute newsflash prior to the regional news - they'd have lost viewers in swathes.

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - Worzel - 05-02-2024

For those interested, there's a live feed from the Skycoptor (G-UKTV) at Buckingham Palace on Youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/live/vWia1500rKc?si=gbcL0Ko1r_5W-Aeg 

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - steve - 05-02-2024

Yes, I don't blame ITV with sticking with it from 6pm to 7pm, but I'm surprised they didn't either shift the regional news to 7pm or move onto some of the other news in that last half hour. It felt very over the top whereas (unusually perhaps with a Royal story), the BBC got it about right and especially with the excellent Jane Hill, no stranger to rolling news, which really made a difference.

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - radiorebel - 05-02-2024

Quite a shame for UTV Live who I expect would have been presenting live from stormont for interviews with the first ministers. As the BBC went with regional news, Newsline got the exclusive with their interviews with first ministers this evening.

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - Steve in Pudsey - 05-02-2024

(05-02-2024, 08:55 PM)Worzel Wrote:  For those interested, there's a live feed from the Skycoptor (G-UKTV) at Buckingham Palace on Youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/live/vWia1500rKc?si=gbcL0Ko1r_5W-Aeg 

Interesting though it is, what are they expecting to show on this feed that's of relevance to the news?

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - Nobby - 05-02-2024

(05-02-2024, 09:10 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Interesting though it is, what are they expecting to show on this feed that's of relevance to the news?

I assume nothing now but that wasn't to be known when it was booked.

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - mouseboy33 - 05-02-2024

Wasnt ITVX supposed to have flash news stream for situations like? Seems like the simple solution would be to invite viewers to tune into the continuous stream on ITVX for more coverage and let the regional operations go to air. Or vice versa. Too bad the regions dont have streams on ITX themselves. Seems like an easy solution and to build out value for ITVX