Pres Café
King Charles Breaking News Coverage - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: King Charles Breaking News Coverage (/showthread.php?tid=677)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - London Lite - 05-02-2024

I don't know if this this case for all Bauer stations, but on Absolute Radio they pre-record the bulletins during drive, so there was no announcement during the 6pm bulletin, so it was left to one of the drivetime presenters to make the announcement at 6.10pm between two records.

They finally got a bulletin out announcing the news at 6.30.

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - IronRoad - 05-02-2024

(05-02-2024, 08:07 PM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  Same here. Also I don't know if related but on BBC Radio Leeds (can't speak for other BBC local stations) just before 6pm, there was a countdown with the full news theme before the breaking news was announced.

I’m pretty sure that was something not meant for broadcast, similar to IRN’s reel just before the top of the hour. Especially the countdown stopping at 8….

PS: 1st post. Great to be here 👋🏼

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - MLehon - 06-02-2024

(05-02-2024, 10:51 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Sharp End on ITV 1 Wales will air tonight, but at the later time of 11:45. Maybe the same in Northern Ireland?

https://x.com/SharpEndITV/status/1754602705085997296?s=20 

View from Stormont definitely dropped from tonight's schedule as Paul Clark who is the presenter of the programme presented the late (and only) UTV Live this evening something he doesn't do when the programme airs. Paul didn't make any mention of View from Stormont being dropped from the schedule. Peston however covering today's events at Stormont given one of the guests being Steve Baker a Minister in NI Office. Good on ITV Wales delaying Sharp End but just wondering how many people in Wales will actually wait up for a heavy political programme close to midnight.

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - Andrew - 06-02-2024

I don’t know why Peston is airing tonight but it isn’t anything to do with King Charles’ diagnosis as it was in the listings a few days ago

Was Views from Stormfront in the printed listings?

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - Brekkie - 06-02-2024

Guessing it's due to ITV having an FA Cup match on Wednesday with the potential of extra time and penalties pushing it back to around midnight. Even so you'd think the nations would have prioritised their own political programmes.

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - conrad73 - 06-02-2024

I think this is the first time the News Channel has split after 10pm since it launched last year. Christian Frazer is up on the balcony with the World feed running with Newsday.

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - arbrax - 06-02-2024

(05-02-2024, 08:07 PM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  Same here. Also I don't know if related but on BBC Radio Leeds (can't speak for other BBC local stations) just before 6pm, there was a countdown with the full news theme before the breaking news was announced.

Quite an old countdown theme too! 2008 if I'm not mistaken when I went to listen back

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - MLehon - 06-02-2024

(06-02-2024, 12:14 AM)Andrew Wrote:  I don’t know why Peston is airing tonight but it isn’t anything to do with King Charles’ diagnosis as it was in the listings a few days ago

Was Views from Stormfront in the printed listings?

I've just checked the Belfast Telegraph Weekend Magazine which contains the week's TV schedules and indeed "View from Storm front" 😀 is listed for 10.45 but as another poster has said perhaps there has been a late change of Peston to tonight. Maybe in Belfast UTV locally took the opportunity to drop the local programme entirely given events got underway at Stormont itself this morning with the Prime Minister visiting around 8am which had Politicians, journalists and commentators on the go very early and possibly even if recorded during the evening not many would have had the enthusiasm to debate.

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - RhysJR - 06-02-2024

(06-02-2024, 12:28 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Guessing it's due to ITV having an FA Cup match on Wednesday with the potential of extra time and penalties pushing it back to around midnight. Even so you'd think the nations would have prioritised their own political programmes.

How much ability do ITV Wales and UTV have to control their own schedules? With their BBC equivalents, playout is from Cardiff/Belfast and their are local announcers all through the day. The latter at least is not true with ITV, but how much of the former is similar?

(06-02-2024, 12:01 AM)MLehon Wrote:  View from Stormont definitely dropped from tonight's schedule as Paul Clark who is the presenter of the programme presented the late (and only) UTV Live this evening something he doesn't do when the programme airs. Paul didn't make any mention of View from Stormont being dropped from the schedule. Peston however covering today's events at Stormont given one of the guests being Steve Baker a Minister in NI Office. Good on ITV Wales delaying Sharp End but just wondering how many people in Wales will actually wait up for a heavy political programme close to midnight.

At least one of the reports/features will probably be repackaged for tomorrow's Wales at Six with a prompt to watch the whole programme on ITV X which will help.

RE: King Charles Breaking News Coverage - Worzel - 06-02-2024

Stumbled upon this. For those wanting to see a bit of the behind the scenes setups with the broadcasters outside Buckingham Palace.

https://youtu.be/5OJEI500O8Q?si=nfj-d3G3ivTOyn1D