Pres Café
Sky News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sky News (/showthread.php?tid=73)

Sky News - DavidWhitfield - 04-08-2022

Interesting evening on Sky News with the (long awaited) 'debate' with Sunak and Truss. 

It all went a bit Pete Tong at the end when they tried to do their 'Ask The Audience' act and it all crashed, but otherwise, I thought it was interesting, and was well chaired by Kay Burley.

RE: Sky News - fusionlad - 04-08-2022

Yes lots of praise for Kay on Twitter and elsewhere. That doesn't happen often so she must have done something right.

A good night for Sky despite the technical glitch with the voting system. Kay handled that well too.

RE: Sky News - JamesWorldNews - 05-08-2022

Yep, when all is said and done, and Kay is definitely not everyone’s cup of tea, but several decades of LIVE news Broadcasting is evident when she handles issues like that seamlessly.

RE: Sky News - CF1 - 20-08-2022

I've lost count of the number of times that Sky News has repeated "The Unmaking of Boris Johnson" over the last few months. I feel like whenever I've turned over to Sky News at weekends, it's been repeated ad infinitum.

RE: Sky News - Pips2022 - 21-08-2022

I’m not sure what the ratings are like on a Sunday morning, but the weekend editions of Breakfast are fairly lifeless. Sally Lockwood or whoever reading out what is essentially a summary is rather plodding and pedestrian. GB News at their weird desk may be retro, but is fizzing compared to this

RE: Sky News - all new phil - 21-08-2022

(21-08-2022, 01:49 PM)Pips2022 Wrote:  I’m not sure what the ratings are like on a Sunday morning, but the weekend editions of Breakfast are fairly lifeless. Sally Lockwood or whoever reading out what is essentially a summary is rather plodding and pedestrian. GB News at their weird desk may be retro, but is fizzing compared to this

I know what you mean. I’m sure weekend breakfast used to be one of their highest rating slots. To be fair I think all news is in summer mode, the whole morning has been pretty dire today across all channels on what is normally a good day for political shows. It’s not like there is no politics going on at the moment.

RE: Sky News - TVViewer256 - 21-08-2022

(21-08-2022, 01:49 PM)Pips2022 Wrote:  I’m not sure what the ratings are like on a Sunday morning, but the weekend editions of Breakfast are fairly lifeless. Sally Lockwood or whoever reading out what is essentially a summary is rather plodding and pedestrian. GB News at their weird desk may be retro, but is fizzing compared to this
It's been like that ever since it went single-headed, really, no matter who's been presenting. Sunrise always had two co-presenters on a weekend which always livened things up, and even the Eamonn-Isabel presenter-newsreader dynamic worked on weekdays. I think the removal of a separate weather presenter has also dulled things.

Amazing (and sad in some respects) to think that it's gone from being a lively, double-headed show with interjections from sport and weather presenters to - as you say - a summary. They've still got good presenters, but the lack of a co-presenter is clear (to me). Works for some viewers though, I suppose.

RE: Sky News - Pips2022 - 22-08-2022

Kay Burley aside, most of Sky News is largely just summaries like Euronews these days- Early Rundown and Sarah-Jane “Show” simply just newsreading

RE: Sky News - Toby brown - 25-08-2022

Im really enjoying sky's coverage of Edinburgh tv festival

RE: Sky News - Pips2022 - 26-08-2022

Really finding the Sky Paper Review quite tiresome now in how it allows contributors to bang on and on. It commands too much airtime now, especially after 11pm. Like with the BBC version, we spend a lot of time looking into someone’s spare room. GB News/talkTV have much higher production values!