Pres Café
Sky News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sky News (/showthread.php?tid=73)

RE: Sky News - Neon Pig - 20-01-2024

(19-01-2024, 11:20 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  I find unlikely that NBC Comcast would let SkyNews go. They migh truncate it or put it on a tight budget, but sell it back? Hmmm I cant see it. Its such a valuable asset and really deep international bolster for NBC News. They might dump TG24 before they get rid of SkyNews. Personally I think they are itching to get back the branding license for SkyNews Australia. Thankfully the channel doesnt yet have wide international appeal outside of Australia. But if that changes...hmmmm. Bears watching.
I think more like GBN/TalkTv merger. Building a conservative/right outlet with a fresh name rather than trying to go back and re-shape SkyNews. Just my personal speculations. Smile

I agree. I can’t imagine them dissolving Sky News because it is a good (if not profitable) asset. It wins awards and has large awareness. Also, there was a time that Comcast wanted to bolster Sky News by creating a joint international news channel with NBC. So it feels this would be a more likely avenue rather that abandonment.

Also, tidying up the international Sky News brands, to me, seems necessary. It would bug the heck out of me having Sky News Australia, Sky News Arabia and TG24 all operating slightly differently and in separately.

I also think having a newsroom view back is refreshing, and there is variety these days with multiple studios, so everyone should happy and have nothing to complain about 😉

Also nice to see weekend breakfast coming from the new set. Seems a lot more relaxed and conversational than brekkie with Kay.

RE: Sky News - thegeek - 20-01-2024

(18-01-2024, 09:56 PM)derek500 Wrote:  https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2024/01/17/rupert-murdoch-talk-tv-losing-ratings-war-gb-news/ 

It might be paywalled. Here's a snippet:-

There are now signs that Murdoch is turning his attention elsewhere. Rebekah Brooks, chief executive of News UK, has recently been in talks with GB News about a possible deal.
[...]

A spokesman denied News UK was exploring a bid.

the Telegraph is currently up for sale, and as Private Eye has been reporting, its media coverage is somewhat skewed at the moment - bigging up the organisations their newsroom wouldn't mind as proprietors and not being so complementary about those who they wouldn't. So while there may be some truth in the story, do take what they're saying with a pinch of salt.

(18-01-2024, 09:58 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  l like the old windows, remind me of BBC's old Westminster newsroom.

Same building, so probably the same windows!

I’m not sure if anyone has seen Yalda’s social post, but the screen look great displaying her promo. I’m not sure where in Sky Centre they are but it’s a pity it is not behind the glass box. This is the kind of backdrop they need.

Also, on the floor above the glass box, there is a larger screen. Not sure what it’s for but why can’t there be one behind the actual studio…

RE: Sky News - news junkie - 20-01-2024

I kind of want Sky News to turn the desk around in the glass box back to launch camera positions with the square desk position instead of the diagonal one. Colour tones probably match Westminster better now too

RE: Sky News - eggsontoast - 20-01-2024

The presenter sound mix in the westminster studio is all over the place. Given it's only a handful of mic's in what sounds like a reasonably good environment it really shouldn't be the challenge!

RE: Sky News - alfiejmulcahy - 20-01-2024

(18-01-2024, 09:58 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  l like the old windows, remind me of BBC's old Westminster newsroom.

They're in the same building. So that would be why. The BBC still use that newsroom position when they have people from the Political Research Unit appear on Politics Live.

https://up.metropol247.co.uk/AlfieMulcahy/Screenshot_20240120-124722.png 

RE: Sky News - Former Member 237 - 20-01-2024

(20-01-2024, 01:41 PM)alfiejmulcahy Wrote:  They're in the same building. So that would be why. The BBC still use that newsroom position when they have people from the Political Research Unit appear on Politics Live.

https://up.metropol247.co.uk/AlfieMulcahy/Screenshot_20240120-124722.png 

I don’t think that place has been refurbished since the 90s apart from the studio/gallery. Sky in comparison seem to have thrown a pot of white paint over the whole place!

RE: Sky News - Brekkie - 20-01-2024

(20-01-2024, 09:28 AM)Neon Pig Wrote:  I agree. I can’t imagine them dissolving Sky News because it is a good (if not profitable) asset. It wins awards and has large awareness. Also, there was a time that Comcast wanted to bolster Sky News by creating a joint international news channel with NBC. So it feels this would be a more likely avenue rather that abandonment.

Also, tidying up the international Sky News brands, to me, seems necessary. It would bug the heck out of me having Sky News Australia, Sky News Arabia and TG24 all operating slightly differently and in separately.

I suspect they'd be reluctant to licence the Sky News brand in this country should it go down the GB News / Talk TV route and then reflect poorly on the Sky brand itself.

I'd forgotten about Sky News Arabia - IIRC they had a very nice studio when it began. Are they still in there?

(20-01-2024, 04:44 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I suspect they'd be reluctant to licence the Sky News brand in this country should it go down the GB News / Talk TV route and then reflect poorly on the Sky brand itself.

I'd forgotten about Sky News Arabia - IIRC they had a very nice studio when it began. Are they still in there?

I didn’t mean licence the name in the UK, but have a more cohesive approach across the board. So that you don’t get extreme variations as with SN Aus.

I’m not sure about Sky News Arabia and whether they’re in the same building. It seems odd that Sky News’s Middle East correspondent is always based from Israel (not at the moment obviously) rather than using the Sky News Arabia office.