Pres Café
Sky News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sky News (/showthread.php?tid=73)

RE: Sky News - JK08 - 23-01-2024

(22-01-2024, 11:53 PM)Moz Wrote:  Badly done rip off of BBC Studio B with its inferior tower screen.
Can something be a "rip-off" if it came *checks notes* four and a half years before the thing that it's meant to be ripping off?

RE: Sky News - ginnyfan - 23-01-2024

I don't think anyone is ripping off anything from BBC these days. You usually look up, when you want to copy something.

RE: Sky News - Moz - 23-01-2024

(23-01-2024, 08:38 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  I don't think anyone is ripping off anything from BBC these days. You usually look up, when you want to copy something.

Sky News’s studios, titles and pres has been lacklustre since they moved away from what they had in 2005 with that incredible studio/newsroom and opening sequence.

It’s just dull.

RE: Sky News - Transmission - 23-01-2024

Sky News now streets ahead of the BBC News channel, sadly, both in terms of presentation and content.

As others have said, they do really have to do something about that music, though.

RE: Sky News - Gibsy - 23-01-2024

We all need to tweet David Rhodes re the music

RE: Sky News - Neon Pig - 23-01-2024

(23-01-2024, 09:13 AM)Moz Wrote:  Sky News’s studios, titles and pres has been lacklustre since they moved away from what they had in 2005 with that incredible studio/newsroom and opening sequence.

It’s just dull.

I do find your thoughts interesting because they seem to differ more most. If you think Sky News press/studios/titles are dull that's entirely your right. I'm just confused about what it is that you like, because it comes across as though you are keen on the BBC, fine, but their on-screen graphics are unimaginative and boring - visually. By contrast, I think Sky News's on screen efforts have vastly improved since 2021 refresh and are probably the best they've been.

I accept your point about the studios, that said - that has changed recently. To be fair, the Westminster studio wasn't bad, it may have lacked (or they never made use of) a newsroom view, which many like. The problem with it, is it was over used and its versatility wasn't as flexible as I think they may have originally intended.

Now, if you just personally aren't enthralled by Sky News's output these days, that's your opinion and I have no interest or right to change that. But, technically as far as design goes, Sky is significantly better (excluding the glass box which I do think needs more than a few lights - though I appreciate the effort and direction).

What in particular do you find more appealing about the BBC and Sky News 2005 than you do Sky News presently? I'm genuinely interested. Sky News 2005 is obviously dated now, but it did have some grandeur which is missed.

RE: Sky News - harshy - 23-01-2024

(23-01-2024, 12:22 PM)Gibsy Wrote:  We all need to tweet David Rhodes re the music

Did he write this one if so it’s a masterpiece especially at 46:07

https://youtu.be/ClSRXPwnnlk?si=iQDceAwX5R_E39VY 

RE: Sky News - all new phil - 23-01-2024

Like it or not the decision’s been made for all shows to have the same theme. There’ll be reasons for this (presumably branding-related given visually the shows look very different). I’m not sure a few tweets will change that.

RE: Sky News - Neon Pig - 23-01-2024

(23-01-2024, 02:14 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Like it or not the decision’s been made for all shows to have the same theme. There’ll be reasons for this (presumably branding-related given visually the shows look very different). I’m not sure a few tweets will change that.

I don't mind if it's the same - could just do with an update. Besides, it does make sense to have a consistent TOTH theme, but each show could still have a variated sub-theme that could be used heading into breaks, for the headlines, at the close of the programme and so on.

RE: Sky News - Former Member 237 - 23-01-2024

(22-01-2024, 11:53 PM)Moz Wrote:  Badly done rip off of BBC Studio B with its inferior tower screen.

And the globe looks square in that picture! 😂

Didn’t Sky have practically studio B in 2005 in the old sky news centre? (I miss that era and prefer it, but what they have now is still better than BBC)

The BBC did not set any standard with studio B, it’s just a couple of video walls. I’m not saying it’s not a good studio, and decent quality, but there was nothing there to “rip off”. The BBC was and is still behind. Those recent small touch screens are a good example they just dumped in the middle of the newsroom. Not to mention the dress down that has occurred and lack of professional line up.