Pres Café
Sky News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sky News (/showthread.php?tid=73)

RE: Sky News - ginnyfan - 28-01-2024

Does Anna Jones ever do Sunday Breakfast? She seems to be regular on Friday & Saturday but Sundays are anyone's guess.

Also, the whole promo made it look like Kay will be joined by the other 3 regularly but except for Gareth, the female reporter from the promo hasn't made many appearances, and it seems to be any reporter available in the newsroom on the day. I'm not even counting Frost who only pops up with his preview.

RE: Sky News - Alf Stewart - 28-01-2024

Kay did mention on the 2nd day that Mhari was heading off on honeymoon on the Wednesday so I guess she'll be back shortly.

Must admit I did think it was odd for her to be used so heavily in the promotions only to disappear after two days (albeit for planned leave).

RE: Sky News - Craigwills - 28-01-2024

I think planned leave is one thing, Mhari has been a regular on breakfast for some time and presumably will feature prominently again once back. Kay’s programme has long had a political correspondent side kick. Wilfred being in the promo shots feels still feels rather strange.
Perhaps more interestingly it’ll be interesting to see who covers Gareth’s role when he’s away.

Katie Spencer anchoring Today 2-5 and on air with News Hour just now, not only double shifting but I can’t recall seeing her present before?

RE: Sky News - fusionlad - 28-01-2024

Do you think I'm way off target with the thought that Gareth Barlow will find his feet, settle in, and eventually take over the lead role from Kay?

Kay can't be at Sky News forever, can she? 🤔

RE: Sky News - Gibsy - 28-01-2024

He’s a breath of fresh air on the Breakfast show and will only get better as time goes on. He’ll deffo go places at Sky News

RE: Sky News - SB678 - 28-01-2024

(28-01-2024, 06:08 PM)Craigwills Wrote:  Katie Spencer anchoring Today 2-5 and on air with News Hour just now, not only double shifting but I can’t recall seeing her present before?

She was also on 10-2 last Sunday. Presumably they're short on weekend presenters and Katie Spencer is covering temporarily, I recall something similar happening a few months ago where Cordelia Lynch was used as cover.

RE: Sky News - Roger Darthwell - 28-01-2024

Don't know if anybody else saw it but The World with Yalda Hakim just crashed into an ad break, the audio cut out it abruptly faded to black and the programme's intro was seen, then the ads started

RE: Sky News - Global TV - 28-01-2024

(28-01-2024, 10:00 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  Don't know if anybody else saw it but The World with Yalda Hakim just crashed into an ad break, the audio cut out it abruptly faded to black and the programme's intro was seen, then the ads started

But isn't it a repeat? What could be the problem?

RE: Sky News - excel99 - 29-01-2024

I guess we can take this as confirmation that Saima Mohsin is the official weekend 1400-1700 presenter
https://www.instagram.com/saimamohsininsta/p/C11ZVowMpe2/?hl=en&img_index=1 

RE: Sky News - mouseboy33 - 31-01-2024

I like they are using the new newsroom set for coverage of PMQ. It actually looks really good on air. Such a good move. I do find the knee wall behind the anchor desk slightly too high. A bit too much blond wood. They are some define lighting issues. especially on the sides of the set and when they are using the stand up screen off to the right. You get some glare. And when the presenter is stood up presenting info from the screen. Its not that great. The set bring to mind the newsroom set NBC has it has a low ceiling and has the old Rockefeller windows in view and brick. But of course being NBC the lighting is literally flawless. They need to get them over to take a look at how to light the space. But overall its quite good and a refreshing change from the awful cube and it mental hospital corridor view.