Pres Café
Sky News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sky News (/showthread.php?tid=73)

RE: Sky News - mouseboy33 - 18-02-2024

Ahhhhh. OK now that we are seeing more of the new location. Its better than we thought. But who knew. It seems they actually have decorated it using some of the similar elements from the new Westminster set. BUT!!!!

Who blocked the camera shots? It looks great. Yes we are happy for an actual view instead of the corridor...yadda yadda. I hope they arent finished! Come on guys. It seems there were halfway there and they stopped. Its all a bit frustrating. Because its almost there. ALMOST. Its like getting right to the finish line and they stopped. Grrr. I remember when I mentioned how drab the new newsroom (Stark white walls and zero branding, it looked a securities trading floor) was and it needed to be dressed for broadcast (maybe with just a logo or just painting one of the columns or some uplighting as a feature) and some didnt like that post. Yet here we are. Interesting. Its Tv folks...its tv.

Well done guys. Please finish it. Needs a little bit more help.

RE: Sky News - Brekkie - 18-02-2024

(18-02-2024, 02:18 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  https://i.postimg.cc/wMBwcHZj/vlcsnap-00022.jpg 
What's on the pillar behind them in shot?

Need to see it in action really but from the stills it looks like it still needs a bit of work.

RE: Sky News - watchingtv - 18-02-2024

(18-02-2024, 06:25 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  What's on the pillar behind them in shot?

Need to see it in action really but from the stills it looks like it still needs a bit of work.

on the pillar is all the SKYNews RTS Award trophies

RE: Sky News - Stuart - 18-02-2024

(18-02-2024, 06:25 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  What's on the pillar behind them in shot?
Christmas decorations by the look of it. 10 months early. Confused

Instead of Studio 6/Studio 21 at Sky Central, or the normal Millbank set up, we have:
- The canteen at Millbank
- A random cupboard which could be anywhere

Are Comcast running out of money for Sky News, or perhaps just enthusiasm - dialling it down now preparing for its closure?

Their commitment ends in 2028.

RE: Sky News - lhx1985 - 18-02-2024

At a point where they are clearly actively investing in the channel, I think it's quite a stretch to claim that they're dialling it down ahead of closure.

Multiple new sets, improved lighting on the glass clinic, high profile new hires, moving away from straight rolling news during primetime, a renewed focus on expensive international journalism (in prime time).... That's no managed decline.

RE: Sky News - Worzel - 18-02-2024

Looking slightly Franceinfo inspired which in presentational terms is a good thing and a very welcome move.

I'd love too see Sky News go the full hog though as its a look which does stand out, is modern and fresh - and would suit the channel.

RE: Sky News - Gibsy - 18-02-2024

On a separate note, Yalda Hakim is already becoming a great asset to Sky News. Brillant signing, well done David Rhodes.

RE: Sky News - Stuart - 18-02-2024

(18-02-2024, 07:25 PM)lhx1985 Wrote:  At a point where they are clearly actively investing in the channel, I think it's quite a stretch to claim that they're dialling it down ahead of closure.
Nothing I've seen looks like a sign of 'investment'. Quite the opposite. Dodgy

RE: Sky News - Neon Pig - 18-02-2024

(18-02-2024, 07:55 PM)Stuart Wrote:  Nothing I've seen looks like a sign of 'investment'. Quite the opposite. Dodgy

They’re remodelling all of the Westminster studio, have updated studio 6, launched new programmes and made new hires. It’s seems as though they’re in the middle of remodelling the main newsroom - I suspect because they are going to update the glass box as well. They’re also heavily producing podcasts and some in collaboration with other media publications, no doubt to try and attract some of their readers to Sky News. They’re also simulcasting two Sky News programmes on NBC News Now. Based on all of that, it’s easy and probably accurate to conclude there is some substantial investment. The opposite would be to do nothing, or reduce output entirely. Just because you don’t like or approve of stylistic directions doesn’t mean there is no investment.

RE: Sky News - lhx1985 - 18-02-2024

I would gently suggest you're not looking too hard then...

In a short space of time, their evening lineup has been beefed up with three appointment to view programmes, based around high profile talent.

This includes a new show (in studio 6) that puts expensive international affairs reportage front and centre. That ain't cheap.

Two new presentation areas online, with their old Westminster studio getting refreshed in due course.

Lighting improvements to the problematic glass box/studio 21.

You might not care for what they've done with their money and are free to dislike what appears on screen, and that's fine, but objectively they are clearly spending on the channel right now.