Pres Café
Sky News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sky News (/showthread.php?tid=73)

RE: Sky News - Brekkie - 08-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 08:37 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  I wouldn't necessarily call Sky News Tonight a nightly political show, the job advert reads as if this is a new show designed for Sophy Ridge to present and not Sky News Tonight.

Allan said taking the slot, not the show.   I agree that seems likely considering they've not made a big deal out of replacing Dermot Murnaghan.

RE: Sky News - newsjunkie - 08-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 09:48 PM)Worzel Wrote:  Let's hope a new studio/set or better use of camera angles in the current glass box make an appearance again.
I was chatting to someone who works at Sky a little while ago who mentioned that there were some plans around the studios, but that they had been paused. It sounded like that would have included using some of the space around the glass box. With the change of leadership that may now go ahead.

Though with this being a political show, one would presume it would be based out of the Westminster studio.

RE: Sky News - TMD_24 - 08-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 09:57 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Allan said taking the slot, not the show.   I agree that seems likely considering they've not made a big deal out of replacing Dermot Murnaghan.

My apologies I read slot as in Sophy Ridge taking over Sky News Tonight. And on the slot itself, I'm guessing she will be probably be 9pm-10pm as The Take is currently using that one.

RE: Sky News - Craigwills - 08-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 10:14 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  My apologies I read slot as in Sophy Ridge taking over Sky News Tonight. And on the slot itself, I'm guessing she will be probably be 9pm-10pm as The Take is currently using that one.

No, I think you’re still confused. I think the suggestion is that Sophy Ridge may effectively get a ‘new’ programme in the 7pm-9pm slot under a new name and Sky News Tonight would cease. Or possibly a ‘rebrand’ of the current Sky News Tonight to a new political focused format with Sophy as lead presenter from 7pm-9pm. Wednesday 9pm would revert to Sky News at Nine, like every other night of the week.

RE: Sky News - TMD_24 - 08-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 10:22 PM)Craigwills Wrote:  No, I think you’re still confused. I think the suggestion is that Sophy Ridge may effectively get a ‘new’ programme in the 7pm-9pm slot under a new name and Sky News Tonight would cease. Or possibly a ‘rebrand’ of the current Sky News Tonight to a new political focused format with Sophy as lead presenter from 7pm-9pm. Wednesday 9pm would revert to Sky News at Nine, like every other night of the week.

I suppose that could be possible though I would be surprised if they totally dump Sky News Tonight for a two hour politics show. They did that for a long time with All Out Politics when Adam Boulton was presenting though that was at times an hour and for a period two hours then back to an hour in September 2020 until it was axed for another hour of Sky News Today when Boulton left. 

There's some possibilities for what time slot, there's the 7pm-9pm slot like you said which I think is unlikely, there's 8pm-9pm with an hour of Sky News Tonight or Sky News at Nine is axed and it goes to 9pm which I think is the most likely option.

RE: Sky News - Brekkie - 09-06-2023

We'll be in the run up though to the General Election so politics will likely be dominating the news anyway.

RE: Sky News - Andrew - 09-06-2023

Presumably it will heavily feature debates between two opposing political commentators that hope to go viral, that is so popular at the moment

RE: Sky News - freeview87 - 09-06-2023

(09-06-2023, 11:48 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  We'll be in the run up though to the General Election so politics will likely be dominating the news anyway.

A political show at 7 and Sky News Tonight at 8 would sit well with me.

RE: Sky News - Stuart - 09-06-2023

(09-06-2023, 11:48 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  We'll be in the run up though to the General Election so politics will likely be dominating the news anyway.
This isn't the USA. We don't ruminate about General Elections for 18 months before they happen. If you think you're going to lose an election, you don't call it early, so expect them to run down to clock all the way to January 2025.

RE: Sky News - Brekkie - 09-06-2023

Most observers do seem to think May 2024 is more likely. Regardless I think since Brexit political news coverage has been much more mainstream anyhow.